Get Timers Now!
X

May 09 - 04:34:30
Page:  1 
Fireside Bar Started by: Solo_Sikoa on Apr 12, '22 23:31

Having settled into his new life here in Detroit Solo_Sikoa had noticed an empty building located south of Congress Street. An old looking cafe or sorts, windows and doors boarded up giving an eerie feeling to the land. 

Sikoa has gained enough money since starting out here and was now in the position to start his own future in business, of course only a front for the illegal activity hidden inside. 

After a visit to the real estate agent which lasted all of 17 minutes before he was handed the keys, Sikoa had parted with some money before entering the building. It needed a lot of care and time spent on it, but he was sure within a few weeks it would be a thriving business. With this in mind, tradesmen were called in from all over Detroit, the best he could muster up, and so the works begun. 

************************** 5 weeks later **************************

Weeks had past and the building had been totally turned upside down, now in its place stood a nice little bar, quiet and for the locals and tourists. Neon lights above the door read “Fireside Bar” with the light shadowing over the outdoor seated area, outdoor heaters scattered around so that even on chilly nights, it was a warm evening for a drink outside. 

Inside was just as impressive, a ‘L’ shaped bar along the back wall plated in gold and mirrored services, stocked with all spirits, ales, lagers and soft drinks. Friendly staff walking around ensuring all patrons were enjoying their visit. 

Tables blocked away for privacy, and in one corner of the bar was a gambling area, for those wanting to try their hand at earning extra money - or losing some. 

Finally the bar was open as customers began to enter slowly and surely.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Keziah had just returned from a business trip to Chicago and was roaming through the streets. It was a fine night, almost too fine. You could tell that he was a bit tired and what better way to get that fixed than with a good glass of whiskey.

Going down the streets, he noticed a new bar that wasn't there before. He had gotten word that one of his family members would be getting into the "clean" money business, but thought it would've taken a bit longer than that.

Regardless, he went in front of the door, popped a cigar out and lighted it. Having taken 2-3 puffs, he threw it and entered.

There were a couple of tables around the back and he went there. Can't really have anyone know what's going on eh

He sat down on one of the tables and Solo_Sikoa joined him. The waiter soon followed to pick up the order.

"I'd like to congratulate you on this new adventure of yours. Hope all goes well and profits rocket through the roof!"

Followed he then ordered a bottle of whiskey, 2 glasses full of ice and put some money down on the red color on the roulette.

Going through the bar, he could only wonder what BlackNoir and @Apollyon were doing at this time.

Report Post Tip

Lorenzo made his way around the streets and finally stood infront of the Fireside Bar. The security guard at the door recognised him and without any questions or doubts, let him through. It was nice and warm outside as he was entering, because there was good heating around. He was liking the place and the vibe it was bringing it. 

Joey had told Lorenzo that Keziah was wondering where he was and what he'd been upto. Lorenzo hoped to find him in the city or in the bar hopefully. 

As he walked in, he saw a few tables occupied and in that crowd he saw Keziah on the table along with Solo_Sikoa there. He walked over and greeted them.

"How is it going buddy? Been a while we caught up ehh."

Keziah greeted and nodded and they had a laugh/chat for a bit. 

Lorenzo turned his eyes around and said "You must be the owner and founder of this bar Solo_Sikoa?"

"Yes that is correct Apollyon. Just trying to get myself in that clean business world, you know?" 

Lorenzo smiled and nodded, "yes that I can understand". I have a few myself around the city. I do some Cafe business, Orphanage etc also to keep things clean! :) 

Report Post Tip

Lorenzo, Keziah and Sikoa had a good chat and catch up. Lorenzo was happy to meet the new acquaintance Sikoa. 

He wished them well for the day and week and took their leave. 

"Alright fellas, I got some business to attend too, so pleas excuse me and I shall catch you guys around!" 

Lorenzo downed his drink and walked out the bar and Joey was waiting outside with the car. 

Report Post Tip

The bar business was going well, drinks flowing, people enjoying their time here. Solo_Sikoa had met with both Keziah and Apollyon and introduced them to the bar, and got to know who Apollyon was in person. Sikoa stood at the end of the bar whilst some of his men threw out an over intoxicated patron, making it look effortless and pain free. 

Walking around the bar, drink in hand, Sikoa sat at the poker table, buying in before he began playing the game, throwing in high stakes at a time. To win big, you had to be prepared to lose big.

Report Post Tip

Vic walked into the Fireside looking for an old family friend, Vic spotted Solo_Sikoa at the bar drinking.  Vic smiled and shook his head as he walked up to the young man and asked how the hell was he doing?  AS Solo turned they shook hands and started talking about the old days and catching up.  

Report Post Tip
As he was walking the streets he felt the sudden need of a good drink. He heard word of a good joint nearby owned by . It was close so he decided to pay a visit. He crossed the street and turned a corner. He spotted the fireside bar and headed for the entrance. He walked inside to lively crowd. It was a feel good atmosphere. 

He made his way toward the bar plopped himself on a seat. He reached inside his right pocket and grabbed his cigarettes. He took a match and lit the cigarette. Gen took a drag while waiting for the barkeep. Moments pass and the barkeep makes his way for Gen.

"I will have a glass of Johnnie Walker, no ice, please."
Report Post Tip

Jester had fiiiinally made his way out of the Philadelphia Business District and made it home to detroit. He was more than eager to find a nice place for the evening to have a good time and a few beverages.  He’d heard of “the fireside” but had never attended, and thought that today was the day to change it.

being spring, he was eager to be outside, and the heaters were perfect as the Detroit air was still pretty crisp.  He sat at a table out on the patio on his own and got out his notepad to write down some jokes.  

He parked his unicycle beside the table, ordered a double rye on the rocks to stir his creative memory as he took in the scene…

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Fireside Bar
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL