Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 21:43:48
Help
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
 Help with Error Started by: Protector on May 05, '22 12:10

Every post / mail I write I seem to have the dreaded " " inserted into the post / mail. It is 100% not there when I submit the post. Any help appreciated as this is making it look like I am typing with my face.

Many thanks. 

Report Post Tip

Are you turning the WYSIWYG editor on and off?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Was getting it with ON so turned it OFF & still have the same issue. Not cleared cookies or anything though. 

Report Post Tip

I am unable to duplicate this, but I have a few theories possibly.  We break things into two sides of the equation, the text, which is what you see here, and for security reasons, its heavily stripped of stuff to keep the game and the users safe.  Then we have the "source" tab, where you can do basic HTML to format your stuff.  the nbsp is a HTML command of a forced space, browsers will ignore multiple spaces, but it will allow forced spaces.  Some plugins/extensions/addons don't know that we separate the stuff, so it may be adding it on the normal screen (which our system then treats it as regular text)  - Something like Grammarly or some other text massaging utility may be the culprit?

Try a different browser and let me know if that also does it.

Try it in incognito mode and let me know if that does it also.

Are you running any extensions/addons/plugins?

And finally, Can you send type up a short thing, click on Source, then screen shot that, and then post the reply here as well as the screen shot?

Thanks!

Report Post Tip

Using google chrome 

Chrome is up to date

Version 100.0.4896.127 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2 Extensions, AdBlock Plus free & Google Docs Offline

I think the issue occurs when I enter a space retroactively when I run two words into each other

EG Imistyped this becomes I mistyped this (May well be gibberish)

Report Post Tip

Sods law when I want a nbsp I dont get one! Link for the source screenshot 

https://ibb.co/x6YzrBg

Report Post Tip

Test with CAPS LOCK  

Report Post Tip

Lol, errors never happen when you want them to.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Help
Replying to:  Help with Error
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL