Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 25 - 14:01:13
Page:  1 
Herald Of The Underworld: Inaugural Issue (V.1, n. 1) Started by: RonaldCarabbia on May 05, '22 19:04

ℍ𝔼ℝ𝔸𝕃𝔻 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕌ℕ𝔻𝔼ℝ𝕎𝕆ℝ𝕃𝔻
Published in Detroit, Mich. • Thursday, May 5 • Vol I, No. 1

HAVE NEWS? GOSSIP? LEAKS? WE WANT TO KNOW! MAIL THE EDITOR OR USE OUR ANONYMOUS DROPBOX! WE WILL PAY FOR CREDIBLE SUBMISSIONS!

HeadCoach Removes JohnFarehamJr From LHM Position After The Herald Exposes Dark Plans, And Other Dense Stuff Regarding The John_Fareham Memorial All-Star Team

Following the much-celebrated (or hated, depending on who you are) founding of The John_Fareham Memorial All-Star Team, whose stadium, clubhouse, locker room, or whatever they call their haunt is located on Twelfth Street in Motor City, we decided to get down in the dirt and discover the true facts, all for your benefit. We talked to various relevant and irrelevant people, chief among them HeadCoach and JohnFarehamJr, and found some interesting stuff indeed.

Mr. Fareham was not very warm and fuzzy regarding the team founded in his patriarch’s memory. When asked about his involvement he said that “HeadCoach approached me through a shared enemy.” Funny way to become someone’s left hand if you ask us, but to each his own. The members of the team Mr. Fareham helps lead also don’t seem to rank high in his heart, seeing as he noted that “their mawkish sentimentality sickens me.” Maybe he just prefers to remember his benevolent grandad in more manly ways though.

Moving on to the war that was triggered by the death of the illustrious JohnFareham, Mr. Fareham himself says “I was on Circle-of-Fire’s side.” He also claims to know who killed Jono, who is, or rather was, from what we can tell a long-lived but irrelevant personage. Perhaps Mr. Fareham knows things about him even we haven’t been able to dig up. Speaking of digging up, we spoke to a man by the name of FrizzleFry, who Mr. Fareham referred us to as his “press officer.” This spokesman didn’t seem too good at his job, but furnished us with some interesting tidbits about Mr. Fareham, such as the claim that “he has an almost cult-like following of horrible people that makes it so you’re almost better off just putting up with him, because I have journals that that can prove they will torment you for a long, long time if they feel their master has been disrespected. It is hell... It's a sick scene.  It's just the absolute dregs of the earth following him around but they are absurdly loyal to the point of being comical.  Not comical in a good way either.” Not everything FrizzleFry said was this scary, though. He also commended Mr. Fareham as being ”nothing less than an amazing member and an asset”. You take the good with the bad, we guess.

We’re digressing a bit here, but that stuff, as dark as it is, gets pretty interesting. However, let’s circle back to the All-Star Team. The head coach of the team, HeadCoach, sat down with us and gave us some deep things to discuss as well. Firstly, the team was founded completely independently of any city leaders or other higher-ups. As Mr. HeadCoach told us, “Sometimes it is better to act first and ask questions later. While feeble-bodied boobs and weaklings were being massacred on the streets, tiny limbs flying in all directions, great athletes were performing radical spin moves and eurosteps to safety. These men and women needed a home. I stepped up to provide it for them.” Very heroic indeed, and humanitarian, one might add. Despite rolling in and setting up shop without their consent, Coach tells us that his “colleagues in crewleading have welcomed Coach with open arms into their brave new world.”

The team may be a home for “great athletes,” but it also took an active part in the hostilities. Coach is proud that “We managed to keep our count of murdered ally-proers down to just one over the span of 4 days, which is a terrific result and will be remembered for a long time.” Among other jobs, Coach said that his boys and girls were also “handers-out of yogurt cups” during the war. Whodathunk it?

When it came time to discuss the relationship between HeadCoach and JohnFarehamJr, things got murky. Coach said that he has known FarehamJr since his youth and also knew his father. “His presence in our team is a privilege and an honor.” The actual relationship wasn’t mentioned, however. Mr. Fareham, for his part, doesn’t appear to like his boss very much, or perhaps at all, and told us something absolutely shocking. We asked him whether he plans on trying to run his own team in the future, to which he said: “I have been guaranteed a district by three CLs (I will have to kill HeadCoach to get this).”

Openly saying he plans to cause his boss to kick the bucket is a shocker to be sure. Quite unheard of, in fact. We asked HeadCoach about this statement and were told: “I was not aware but that is the sign of a good strategist and I can't fault him for that (not telling me he wants to kill me). It is still quite alarming news, however, and has led to the removal of his position as LHM pending further review. His predecessor Gazza was a brave and loyal Left-Hand who fought well in the war and killed just one allied pro-wacker, which was a great achievement considering how many it would have been possible for him to kill. I had wished FarehamJr would serve me with equal distinction.” We never imagined The Herald would have such wide-reaching effects, but if The Washington Post can do it, so can we.

Should HeadCoach end up withstanding the attempt to assassinate him from within, it seems like Mr. Fareham will indeed be forced to look elsewhere if he plans on becoming a coach in his own right. HeadCoach went on to say, when asked if he will encourage Fareham to shoot for the stars, “ I don't think so and I will not encourage it. Putting aside that he plans to kill me for a moment, I think at a more basic level he simply doesn't have the Myers-Briggs personality type for it, and his failure would cause me a lot of grief and embarrassment as a leader & coach (in a hypothetical world where I would still be alive & culpable for his actions, which obviously I wouldn't).”

Bebe, Circle-of-Fire, Last Remaining Pre-War CLs, Fall At Last; Details About War Emerge

The last two crew leaders who held the position prior to the commencement of the late struggle, already viewed as one of the longest and most epic in many years, have died.

Don Bebe, leader of Primacy, in New York City, and Godfather Circle-of-Fire, of Las Vegas, died on the Fifth of May and on May the Fourth, respectively, after resisting countless assaults and cheating death dozens, of not hundreds, of times over the past week or two. Circle-of-Fire was eulogized in the streets by her faithful member, Don Grace, before Ms. Grace tragically took her own life. Multiple sources have told The Herald that twigs, of Detroit, fired the fatal shot into the Godfather, and although we have not been able to independently verify the reports we believe it to be true. Twigs also killed a man by the name of Eren, renowned for his talent in self-defense, which was a great feat in itself, a source explained to us.

Godfather Circle-of-Fire was the last Godfather in this thing of ours and was a fierce fighter, according to her members, against the insurgent forces that attacked from within every city across the nation following the death of the late John_Fareham. Others, however, alleged that she never fired a shot and instead remained in a bunker for the duration of the war, which was eventually infiltrated. Her funeral was so widely attended that extra seats had to be set up in the back of the church.

Bebe’s funeral was also well-attended, with several of her former members and associates noting that their leader went down fighting and was a model CL, interacting well with her flock and an efficient and impressive warrior. She died fighting Darkening, of Philadelphia, in a duel. Darkening also died in the bloody personal combat.

The war’s particulars, we believe, are of interest to our readers, and we’ve been endeavoring to get those for you. The war, as it was unexpected, caused a huge amount of confusion, leading to many friendly-fire killings. A source tells us that famed Mobsters Assertive, Martini, Jackal, and Vladimir all died in such incidents. We have also heard that many an uninvolved associate, and some non-connected persons, died due to confusion and suspicion, leading to ammunition shortages and wear-and-tear issues with the powerful guns owned by many hitmen.

Las Vegas, the son of a now-deceased powerful Vegas boss tells us, was not involved in the beginning of the conflict but entered the war after NoahRugs, Godfather of Paradise, was killed. The killer, this source says, was AdmiralAckbar, a Windy City don, who fired on the Godfather “out of spite.” Thunder and Djinn, both of Las Vegas, joined the rogues and assisted in attacking Godfather Circle-of-Fire, their boss, a source told us.

Following the war, the lay of the land in the business is much changed. The rebel forces are now the dominant family, occupying Las Vegas, Detroit, and Las Vegas. Chicago and Philly now have no crews within them, although we expect the new regime to authorize their members as soon as they can be spared from the new operations. Los Angeles’ situation remains unclear, with one part of the city under the thumb of Mad_Hatter’s temporary housing facility, another part being run over by ruthless thug-like crooks, and the third neighborhood in anarchy.

Sitting Down With A Container Crew CL

City Hall, following the bloodshed of the past couple of weeks, was forced to open some homeless shelters. Although they were apparently thwarted in this attempt to some extent by a lack of interest among possible managers of these establishments, two such buildings were established. Led by the Messers Illuminatiated and Mad_Hatter, these massive public housing projects have 50 room a piece and are located in Detroit and Las Angeles, respectively.

Illuminatiated, whose facility is already full and bursting at the seams, was happy to chat with us about the experience. He told us that his ancestors have a massive amount of experience, which has helped him tremendously. Just how much experience? “ I believe that my lineage have held positions that required bold or slanted pants at least a solid 50 times. Yes you heard me correctly - at least 50.” Lots of experience. The decision to apply to City Hall for the position he now occupies “was an easy one. My ancestors took a slight break from the life of crime; sure, we popped in from time to time, but the drive was gone. The passion had been lost. After deciding to dip my toes back into the cesspool of crime I noticed that this world was in a state of chaos. It was then that I began to dig through my records and I came across some interesting documents - logs of my ancestors having taken on the role of Container CL before. Multiple times in fact. If those plebeians could manage it...I figured why not me? Surely I was more well equipped, having had their knowledge passed down.”

The role of these housing projects are, of course, to give associates of this world a place to live (hopefully) prosperous lives and gain strength and experience for a time before going back into the dark and dangerous underworld. However, one can still run such a joint in their particular fashion and with certain goals in mind. When asked about his goals, Illuminatiated told us, “My hopes for the Crew began as something pure, something simple. A temporary housing facility to inform and rehouse the underworlds' otherwise unemployed. It quickly ramped up into something more…  into something more - my hopes for the Crew have turned into something out of a bad novel, really, and at face value it comes across as 'soft'. My hope is simply that the folks who are housed here have a good time and learn some new things. That their drive and passion for this world remains steadfast and that they don't delve into the shadows as my ancestors frequently do.” 

Following this stint in the noble service of City Hall, Illuminatiated says he isn’t sure what he plans to do. However, he seem rather taken with the possibility of transforming his job into a more insidious one in the real world of our line of work. “A few different folks from around the country have offered the suggestion that I wind up remaining a Crewleader after the Containers dissolve, but in a slightly different capacity.” This, of course, wouldn’t be easy to do, especially since special favors from City Hall would be lost once the said dissolution takes place. Illuminatiated knows that, and explained that “ We would have to decrease our enormous HQ building for one. Where would we even base our operations? Who would we be affiliated with? These are questions that I have no answers to at this time.”

As we wound up our conversation, Mr. Illuminatiated went back to the present. He said that “we are still actively recruiting wayward souls, and a reminder to folks in general that we are... really, very nice people. Ask anyone!”

GOSSIP

What’s going on around the streets? What whispers are flying about the Mob? We have it here!

A reader has informed us that “twigs is goku.” We leave it to you to draw conclusions and ponder this profound declaration.

A reader wishes us to inform the world that many good folks wish ever so sincerely for Sunrise to get auth.

Another juicy bit of gab we’ve heard runs thus: “voodoo did say that this betrayal has hurt him dearly and that since so many betrayed him it will take him a while before he’s able to return to a seat of power”

The late war has provided plenty of other interesting stuff besides the above tidbit. A source of The Herald tells us that Valinore, a CL in New York, financed the rebellion against the establishment, so to speak, that triggered the conflagration. Mr. Valinor is indeed listed as “Obscenely Rich” according to government files we passed our eyes over, even after his reported sizeable contribution to the insurgency. We considered hiring some lowlife kid to pickpocket the illustrious man with the aim to see how much he carries on a daily basis, but then decided in favor of self-preservation instead.

And now for a check of the dropbox:

“JohnFarehamJr is actually hated within the JFMAST. He weaseled himself in on the name of his late great father. His skills remain in question and the team is left expecting more out of him.”

“Update on the John FarehamJR case. Apparently he is being milked for his large inheritance. New gear and shoes all around if you know what I mean.”

“HeadCoach has the all starts on PED's.”

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

People have opinions and are usually fond of making them known. Want your mind to be public? Send it to us and we’ll pay $50,000 if we publish it!

CLASSIFIED

We have no advertisements today, but we hope some worthy businessmen will fill this estimable section in the next issue.

You, too, could toss us dough in exchange for having something printed in this deep section of our publication. Prices: 1-3 lines, $250,000. 4-6 lines, 1 credit or $500,000. Over 6 lines, $600,000 plus $10,000 for each additional word.

HERALD OF THE UNDERWORLD • RonaldCarabbia, Editor • Notice and error? Contact us! • We pay for tips, news, gossip, and more!

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $970,000 Tip
"This could have been a good newspaper, but it has been a litany of lies about the Farehams.

I challenge RonaldCarabbia to prove, or retract, this hatchet job.

On a more positive side, the editing and presentation are superb. If anyone else can produce a newspaper like this, I want to talk to you."
Report Post Tip

Really terrific article, Mr. Carabbia, I am delighted by the way this has come out. The ongoing internal investigation into JohnFarehamJr notwithstanding, I am very excited about the great press this has provided for the JFMAST, who I again reiterate killed just one allied pro-wacker, despite how plausible (and in Gazza's case, tempting) it would have been to have killed tens, even hundreds of them. That's good basketball. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Ahem, Ronald?

FrizzleFry taps his foot impatiently, but respectfully.

Soooooo.... just curious..... maybe you got tied up with a celebration or something for the success of your paper and have been busy, but aren't we forgetting about something?

FrizzleFry Last time I checked I approached you on Kuku's suggestion, not the other way around. I believe it mentions somewhere that letters to the editor and tips are paid for.

Report Post Tip

Not the other way around?  What does that even mean?  You contacted me multiple times asking for me to offer up my opinions of the man for your article.  Over the course of your questioning, I provided you with a plethora to choose from, four of which were published in your fine paper. 

By my math, that comes to $200,000.  I don't feel that is an unfair request.  It's actually not a cent more than what I earned.  Your newspaper was a smashing success.  I feel I contributed to that success, and just would like to be compensated what I was told I would be as advertised. 

Do What's Right.  That's one of our team's core values and I'm sure your Team has a similar mantra.

Also, RonaldCarabbia, Kuku is dead and has been for some time.

My father wants what you owe him as well.

Let's address one issue at a time, JFK_Jr.  Coaching staff get's what's theirs first, then the players. This isn't the farm team here, you're in the big leagues now.  This is how things work in Mafia Sports Management.  Trust me it was my major when I went to the DT State College (full athletic scholarship)

I know you guys are busy, but I'd just like to thank management for getting my salary across to me.

May 06, 06:57:48 Your accountant has received payment of $500 from HeadCoach.

Really respecting the work that the boys in the office are doing to make sure we're taken care of, on time. Appreciated. 

"You were my father's press officer, Frizzlefry and accused him of being part of a 'sick scene' - well, the sickness you smeared him with killed him.

Dead. Gone. Writing competition entrant.

And have you been hounded? I don't think so.

HeadCoach won't accept bribes, but I'm going to give him $65m towards scholarships, and I'll bet you he sees fit to give me your job.

And not your press officer job either.

If I had a gun, I'd shoot you (a non-lethal shot).

You made me a public humiliation."

Yeah believe me I've been made painfully aware of my role as your "press officer" JFK_Jr.  Boy that was a lot of fun. 

"Please talk to my press officer FrizzleFry"

"Hey FrizzleFry, I was told to reach out to you by JohnFarehamJr"

"Please direct all mails to FrizzleFry, my press officer"

Meanwhile HeadCoach and I are in the office breaking our asses helping to facilitate a massive war effort, and I've got to sift through shit like that while I'm trying to do my job.  I'm an Assistant Coach for a mafia basketball team... no one is your "press officer". 

For the last 8 days the JFMAST coaching staff has done nothing but work towards the rebuilding of our community.  I am very tired.  Literally more tired than anyone else who was involved in this last 8 days.  You want my job?  You couldn't handle the stress.  There isn't enough black coffee in the entire rec room you could drink to be able to keep up this pace.  

You're lucky I'm not being interviewed about you now as opposed to when I was.  I'd have about a billion dollars worth of opinions for RonaldCarabbia 's newspaper rather than just the $200,000 worth that was published.

It was a damn good $200,000 worth too, coach. A goddamn good $200,000. I'll be good and goddamned if anybody says otherwise. For 8 days we sat up coordinating our efforts towards the only thing we know to do - win. So while the rookies are busting their ass doing two-a-days and getting into game shape for the regular season, management will be taking that 200 grand straight to Puerto Rico for beach-gym pumps, margaritas, and massages, and you can bet your good, goddamned ass I'll be getting a happy ending.

"The only thing HeadCoach and Frizzlefry broke during the war was my grandfather's balls as he singlehandedly waged war on behalf of Detroit.

You guys talked theory, whilst he practised action. The only person he killed that he shouldn't was Weezer. And wanna know something neat? There was a godmother whose name I won't mention, and my grandfather used his psychological skills to incite her into killing him.

If my grandfather could do that to her, you can just imagine what I could do to you."

My family has endured your sycophants for generations and you know what?  I'm sick of being afraid.  I tell my players to show courage out on the court, and it's my duty to serve by example.  It's called leadership.  Real leadership, not barking out orders to a dozen anonymous deranged lowlifes that are stupid enough to do whatever you tell them.  Gun or no gun, you are not a threat to me JFK_Jr.  I will be employing bodyguards soon, and let's not pretend I can't afford to train them.  Matter of fact, I've got a breezy $200,000 coming any day now courtesy of RonaldCarabbia, the finest editor in the whole entire mafia.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Herald Of The Underworld: Inaugural Issue (V.1, n. 1)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL