Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 14:32:43
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Change Hidden Districts to Subordinate Cities Started by: RonaldCarabbia on May 09, '22 18:59

What is your idea? My idea is to switch the currently-hidden extra districts (which, I have been told, activate when a city reaches a certain number of crews or members, I am not sure which) to what I am calling subordinate cities. These would be, for all intents and purposes, just another district in the city which would only be visible/in use when a city had a lot of members. However, there would be a couple differences, one physical and one slightly less so. The first would be that they would be listed under local travel but would have travel times a good bit longer then the 3-5 minutes it takes to go from district to district. It'd probably be something between 30 and 60 minutes. The second would be the fact that the CL(s) inhabiting the city would probably be a bit more independent from the rest of the city, purely because of the distance (and, IRP, a larger amount of turf and business). Of course, perhaps someone would try to set up in one of these subordinate cities without auth, but that could happen anywhere.

Before continuing, I wish to reiterate that these WOULD NOT BE NEW CITIES. They would be single districts, with a larger local travel time, within existing cities, only visible when certain criteria had been met. Citizens of these sub. Sub Cities would have the same VIP color, etc, as the regular city they are in.

Doing this would make internal city politics a bit more interesting and it would also create a lot of new RP opportunities, since, IC, as mentioned above, CLs would have more power in their area than normal district CLs. Perhaps drug prices could vary a bit more as well.

Cities would likely have one or two sub cities each. Some ideas for these follow. These are all cities the real-life Mafia operated in. Some sub cities are mentioned as possibilities for multiple cities, and many cities have more than 2 or 3 suggestions, just to have a larger pool of candidiates.

NEW YORK - Newark, Boston, Buffalo, Scranton
PHILADELPHIA - Baltimore, Pittsburg, Scranton
DETROIT - Cleveland, Youngstown, Buffalo
CHICAGO - Covington, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Kansas City
LAS VEGAS - Denver, Phoeniz, Reno
LOS ANGELES - San Fransisco, Seattle, Phoenix

Has your idea already been suggested in some form or another before? (Check the Suggestions forum for past threads with ideas the same or similar to yours.) Pretty sure it has not.
What does your idea entail? See above.
How can your idea be successfully implemented into the game as it stands? The hidden districts would simply have their names changed and their local travel times lengthened.
What major changes would be needed to make your idea work? Lengthening local travel times
What is the positive impact of your idea? It would make hidden districts a bit more interesting, perhaps complicate internal politics in cities a little, and open up a TON, veritably endless, trove of new RP opportunities.
What is the negative impact of your idea? A little bit of work for the coders, I guess. Not much else (anything) that I can think of.
How may your idea affect the rest of the userbase? I believe people would welcome this update.

As a side-suggestion, perhaps the criteria for the unlocking of hidden districts (sub cities) could be lowered a bit? I am not sure what the current criteria is, but something like this seems logical: A sub city is opened when all regular districts of a city have at least two crews with and least 70% of space filled or when two districts have at least two crews with 100% of space full and the third district has at least one crew with 100% space full.

Report Post Tip

I actually like this idea. My only negative Nancy part would be I personally feel the userbase is way too small to support this without HQ Sizes being dramatically reduced (Which for me wouldnt be a problem) but could negatively impact on people if they end up in a crew with less people who usually play from a different timezone etc. No one wants to play this alone.

Report Post Tip

I actually like this idea. My only negative Nancy part would be I personally feel the userbase is way too small to support this without HQ Sizes being dramatically reduced (Which for me wouldnt be a problem)

They could replace rather than add to existing districts as a thought provided we could figure out travel times that arnt stupidly off. 

Report Post Tip

Squishy That's also a possibility. I think the main benefit, at least in my mind, would be a massive RP opportunities. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Change Hidden Districts to Subordinate Cities
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL