Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 20:34:22
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Toggle insta-petty/felony usage on/off. Started by: Chimkennuggets on May 12, '22 18:30
I'd like to suggest that we add in a toggle box for using insta petties and felonies. It's no secret that there are a lot of folk who lurk and build up their instas for 'serious' runs but don't play properly for lengthy periods outside of those runs. (For example, myself right now.)

A toggle on/off for the usage of these would get more people playing, even if only casually, between their serious runs.

I don't believe that this would give anyone any unfair advantages as the option to save instas would be open to everyone, whether they choose to use them up or save them would be their decision to make. It wouldn't majorly impact the speed at which people can use their gun as the 24 hour minimum time would still apply, and anyone who is committed to getting their gun without instas could do so in around four hours.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

The way the XP system works, is things like petties give more XP to a low ranker than a high ranker.. (Is a don actually still learning anything by stealing a purse?)

Unleashing a flood of instas at a low rank gives a MUCH greater reward than at a higher rank.  Because of this, we need to offset the added benefit with an added cost/work/sacrifice.  You sacrifice being able to do petties now for a much greater reward on a later account.  If we allowed people to toggle them on or off, then you remove that sacrifice altogether, and thus, we would have to switch the petties to a no-xp type, or dedicate quite a bit of time storing the various insta petties of when you earned them so that they can give the appropriate reduced rewards at the time you use them.

Report Post Tip
Ah that does sound pretty complex. Would a set experience amount (using rpg exp systems as an example, 1 stolen purse =s 10 exp gained) and a scaled experience required per unit/level not be simpler/allow for this? Ie 100 exp for unit/level 6, 1,000,000 for unit/level 60.

So rather than experience gained being scaled by rank, the amount of experience gained always stays the same and the number of petties/felonies required to reach the next level just becomes proportionately higher?

So a don may not learn as much from robbing a purse, in the grand scheme of things, but he has still experienced robbing that purse in the same way a petty thief would. Whilst that experience would go a long way to moving a petty thief up in rank, its a drop in the ocean for a don who has bigger fish to fry.

Sounds like it'd be a lot of work and potentially require a full rework of the experience system though, so I dunno.

Thank you for the quick response!
Report Post Tip

Its not so much the work required on my end to do it, its more the feeling that I don't know if someone should be able to come out of the gate and be 45 units on a 3 hour old account without any sacrifice.  Legacy accounts already have a huge advantage in many other facets of the game, I just would feel uncomfortable if we pushed that line even further.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Agreed I also think you shouldn’t be able to store more then 100 of each at any givin time
Report Post Tip

Insta Felonies you can certainly store more than 100. I don't tend to do felonies, so they just rack up until I need them, had over 300 on several occasions

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Toggle insta-petty/felony usage on/off.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL