Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:36:11
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Qualities of a Crew Leader Started by: Imperium on May 12, '22 19:14

Generalisations, Huck. Not every leader who carries DNA with a storied past is bad nor did they necessary roll over anyone to get where they are. In some cases that may be true but certainly not all of them, and having someone new for newness sake is equally no better. And who is the judge of what is good or bad? What's being made a mockery of? Your kin were the best according to who? Were they the best at Mafia basketball or could they barely even dribble? What did they do better than the current crop of leaders? Opinions, by their very nature, are rather subjective. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Being a CL is being made a mockery of what it is really about.

I would tend to disagree, HuckleBerryFinn.  Take a look around at the current crop of leadership.  Just here in Detroit alone we've got HeadCoach , whose passion for his trade and his sport is nearly heart-attack inducing.  In the middle of the The Fareham War while every mob family was at slaughtering one another and no one knew which way was up, he saw an opportunity to provide something that was lacking during that 8 day stretch and put together his own mafia basketball team.  Mind you, this was in the middle of a war, and I believe his vision to create a mafia basketball team was an unprecedented act.  A true revolutionary.  This in turn led to both myself and Denis being tasked with assisting with the countrywide rebuild process of La Cosa Nostra, and I'm proud to say that both our our crews are continuing to do our part by presently offering more available housing than any other crew in the country.

We've got fresh blood seeing the first of their family tree to sit in the captain's chair in Sunrise, look at this young king shining over there in New York.  Then of course there is Giorgio-Esposito sitting atop his empire in Las Vegas, who just the other day I heard was assisting a young man who asked him a question by directing him to the proper place to find answers to his inquiry.  If helping point young athletes in the right direction makes him guilty of being a mockery, well lock him up and throw away the key!

Some of us leaders and coaches may be a little new or maybe even a little rusty, but as of yet we haven't heard of a cross-word being exchanged among the leaders, the mob economy is improving, and no one has killed their own right hand man for not making a joke, despite claiming to be jovial, liking good humour, and even going as far to acknowledging such prior to betraying him.  It's a new day and a chance for all the family heads and mafia basketball coaches to remold this mafia into a new vision.  To paint us all with such a broad brush is unfair and from what I can tell from what you have said, is also baseless and unsubstantiated.

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Being a strong crewleader is about many things. It is about purchasing a 5-man HQ when no one believed you could do it. They said it was foolish, that I would never survive. They said, you're too young and not yet quite eligible, which was accurate, but infuriating. And so I waited a day. I barely slept I was so determined to prove them wrong. And I bought my 5-man HQ - the first home of the John_Fareham Memorial All-Star Team, a mafia basketball unit that now prospers in the most well-fortified gymnasium in all of Detroit. 

Being a strong crewleader is about resting your undisclosed upper-body injury while your greatest friends and allies help to defeat the BricktownCL scourge, so that you are strong and able-bodied for the post-season. It is about men like Juslooking plotting to trick you with various clever schemes, only for you to catch him, because he is not very smart. Most of all, it is about forgiving Grin-22 for very intentionally shooting at your bodyguards, because he sent you 21 million dollars afterward, and that's nice walking-around money. 

No one said it was an easy job, no matter how easy I make it look. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Nobody can deny that Headcoach has girths in spades. And buckets. And half tonne builders bags. Headcoach and girth went hand in hand. One time I was sure I'd overheard Mike Tyson call him Headgirth, but that could just have been the lisp. Anyway, mypoint was Headcoach's girth credentials were not in dispute. Any other questions, please?"

Hobbs limped away from the scene, still suffering from the beating received at the hands of a half man, half walrus hybrid. Hobbs always displayed excellent leadership credentials. Valiant in battle, despite shooting the wrong Bricktown CL target of the day. Grin would also not stop talking about his OC abilitiy. It was the true mark of a leader and man that someone could lead and fail so many organised crimes with the strongest criminals around and yet still being able to hold his head high like a champion. 

Hobbs was exactly the kind of leader a man whose name could be roughly transcribed as "Absolute Power" would admire. 

Nicola-Trevisani wandered around the streets absent-mindedly for quite some time. She had plenty to say, metaphorically of course given she was a mute, but the idea of holding up bit of paper after bit of paper with her opinions and thoughts on them just seemed taxing not only mentally but also physically. Besides, it would be a damn shame to try to join a conversation only to accidently cause someone to reveal to the masses that they don't actually have the ability to read. Funny, but awkward none the less. 

Which is why Nicola-Trevisani usually just listened to the edges, of the conversations sometimes with amusement and sometimes just confusion depending on who was speaking or what the topic at hand was. But this time she finally had something to say, well, something worth putting in sightly more effort than no effort to say. 

Pulling out her notepad and her favorite writing utensil Nicola-Trevisani started writing. Given the size of the crowd that had gathered Nicola-Trevisani was trying to make the letters large enough for all to read without too much of a struggle or strain on their eyes. Once she was done and satisfied that people would be able to see clearly and understand the meaning behind the message, she capped the pen and tucked it away. 

Bracing herself she then lifted the pad of paper above her head for all to read should they choose to, the words written upon it simply stated, "WILLING TO PUT UP WITH ME." in large blocky type-face that Nicola-Trevisani quickly glanced at before letting her eyes sweep over the crowd to see if anyone had even noticed. 

Afte a slow count to twenty, Nicola-Trevisani lowered her arms, tore off the bit of paper and thrust it into the hands of someone nearby, as if saying "Here, this is yours now, congratulations." and then with a smile and a nod of her head to those who had even noticed she was there, she left as quietly as she had arrived. Nicola-Trevisani quite enjoyed moments like these where being a mute meant getting dragged into a long conversation just wasn't practical or logical. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip
If your crew leader can’t euro step or hit a pull up 3 in transition, are they really a crew leader?
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I like the fact that we have people interested in what a good crew leader is.

Which makes me wonder why the regime that feels they are ruling the roost here only allow their people to be Crew Leaders.

Your days will be numbered like they once were. Enjoy what you can your rain will be short in my books.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Who is the judge of what is good and bad Grin-22 asks is the very reason why I stated this topic never fails to amuse me when it surfaces. Are you saying nobody has the right to judge?

"Generalisations, Huck. Not every leader who carries DNA with a storied past is bad nor did they necessary roll over anyone to get where they are. In some cases that may be true but certainly not all of them, and having someone new for newness sake is equally no better."

Grin, isn't it true we are running out of the same CL's? Isn't it true the same old CL's kins available will in fact be a CL again?  Isn't it true that fresh faces are needed? Isn't it true fresh faces did these shores justice?  Isn't it true fresh faces were used as fish bait?  Isn't it true fresh faces were a threat as well because they actually worked with a brain?  

The mockery I speak of is the fact the last wave was nothing but a means to literally destroy these shores. I am not into much of the coffee shop chat scene mainly because it almost always compromised.  

My kin was one of the best on these shores because old school runs through their veins. Not even you can tell me how to conduct business.  

The mere mention of "mafia basketball" from you has me saying to you case n point!

Report Post Tip

I just want to kind of make something a bit clear. This question was not about what makes a crew leader good but rather what makes a crew leader desirable for a new person to these shores. The reason for this question was due to the sheer amount of unsponsored individuals by choice at the time this question was asked.

These are what I would define as the Qualities of a Crew Leader that are most desirable for any young person who seeks employment.

I can tell by some of the responses the original question wasn’t heard or expressed clearly. Now moving forward if we want to change direction and focus on what makes a good leader by general standards I think we may see some overlapping in qualities and some that are specific to one side or the other. 

so, I just want to apologize I wasn’t clear earlier as this seems to be creating weird debates and that wasn’t my intention.

Report Post Tip

HuckleBerryFinn, it is case in point, not case n point unless you have a speech impediment. I also have no desire to tell you how to do anything because opinion is subjective and what I think makes a "good" crew leader is probably different to what you think, because I would imagine we are looking for different things. Other than your kin though, obviously they were amazing. You can always tell that because they have other people championing the cause for them.

Anyway, "fresh faces" generally do whatever they learned from those who came before them, good and bad. Most "fresh faces" are less likely to innovate than those who come from experience as they usually view getting the HQ as the summit of the mountain rather than the start of the climb. Wouldn't you view "old school", almost by definition, as an attribute most likely to associated with the old rather than the new? Wouldn't the very reason you're patting yourself on the back for then, be more likely to be evidence through "old" crew leaders? 

As to bait and all of that jazz, I don't know anything about the specific circumstances about why the previous regime were removed beyond what has been spoken of in the streets. Doesn't seem like any wanton destruction is going on though. The implication that the victors worked less intelligently than the victims is a little rich seeing as they wiped the floor with those they removed though. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Imperium, I believe your original question was very clear. The discussion has just changed its course. Thank you for bringing up the topic - I think it has helped a lot of new people find a proper home. Apologies in advance for contributing to this change of topic.

HuckleBerryFinn, I too believe that "fresh faces" are needed. In Las Vegas, only two of the current crew leaders have ancestors with this experience: Climax and Giorgio-Esposito. I authed Sunrise, another "fresh face" as a crew leader as well. I'm not sure what you're referring to with using fresh faces as bait. I, at least, don't feel like I'm bait.

Can we stop with all the "trying to destroy these shores" or "trying to run people off these shores" tired garbage?  Every an uprising up mobsters make a move to shift power to their own interest or hold onto the power they have worked to obtain, or leaves someone a tip, the outcry from all the second and third string benchwarmers is always that their motives could only possibly be to destroy these shores.  You live in Chicago.  YOU DON'T HAVE A SHORE.  Sorry for yelling.  And apologies for further derailing this speech too.  For the sake of keeping this conversation on track, I seek out crewleaders that have styles comparable to my own (in my case, mafia basketball) and preferably leaders who are jovial and well, you know the rest.

Roper stops and listens to the gathering in the streets. Qualities of a good crew leader he thought to himself, he toyed with his flat cap and mulled over an answer. After a while, he spoke

"I've got a long and storied lineage in my family. According to my ancestor's records, they have been in many families. Some were good, some were bad and some of them barely even registered a mention. It was a mixture of both the crew leader and the hands that made a family"

Roper fidgeted with his hat again before continuing "You can have a very active leader, who shows up every day. Talks to everyone every day, and treat everyone with respect. I've seen many of these kinds of leaders, they aren't necessarily bad but that doesn't make you great." Roper paused "No, The great leaders made everyone feel like they were on the same boat and going somewhere, Vision, Gave you a reason to want to go and put in the extra effort."

"Vision alongside activity, alongside having two hands that have some chemistry with each other and the family itself. If the entire family is pulling together while at the same time having fun with it. Those are the magical crews"

"I think it takes a certain type of personality and the combination of having the right people with you and the drive to be more than just another family. You've got to want to be more than the mediocre"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Qualities of a Crew Leader
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL