Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 21:46:15
Page:  1 
Cheating, long term consequences for short term gains. Started by: Squishy on May 13, '22 18:58

To better provide a level playing field for our players, the following rule will be going into place today.

Starting today, any account from this point on that is admin wacked for cheating (some examples include bug exploitation, scripting, duping) will be labeled on all future profiles that they were previously removed for cheating.  A full character history, for all accounts from this point on, will be displayed so that users can do proper due diligence when deciding to associate with you.

As a first time infraction:

There will be a 3 year ban.  You will be able to play again after 1 year provided you have 3 well known players in good standings vouch for you and willing to tie their accounts to your word of being reformed.  If one of them retracts their vouch, or no longer holds an active account, you will resume your 3 year ban until you can maintain 3 people again.

You will not be able to use any MR services during your ban.  Attempts to use them will result in increasing your ban length.

All lounge based rewards will be toggled off for the period of 3 years after you return from your ban.

You are ineligible for rewards from any event for 3 years after you return from your ban.

The ability to be upper structure will be toggled off for the period of 3 years after you return from your ban.

Your gun will not be able to surpass the top 50 guns in the game (there will be no notification when you are at this level) for 5 years.

If you create a new master id you will be permanently banned from the game.

As a second time infraction:

You will be permanently banned from the game.

If you evade the mandatory 1 year ban:

You will be permanently banned from the game.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I'm a supporter of this. To build monster characters in this game require so much time and effort. Anyone guilty of cutting corners gets zero sympathy from me, because they're not only cheating the game but they're cheating me of my time. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Whatever you want to do as a baseline for how you want to treat cheaters, I am sure its fine.  That is not something that affects me, since I don't cheat.  Literally any time you tie together two separate people's accounts it is supremely unfair.  No one can be held responsible for another person's actions.  The only person you can control is yourself.  Literally no one else should EVER pay a punishment for someone else's actions ever, let alone in this game.  With this specific vouching plan, you are putting people in the very awkward position of having to tell a friend you won't help them be allowed to play a game.  If you don't want to let them play again, don't let them play again.  You want them gone for 3 years, then just let them be gone.  Please don't involve other people.  

Report Post Tip
When someone is banned, they need to be banned. Not banned then allowed to return in 10 minutes. Stick to your guns
Report Post Tip

@FrenchieHorn

I don't want anyone gone for 3 years, 30 years, 3 days.  I want a level playing field so that no one loses work to a cheater.

An overwhelming amount of time, when someone is caught, they lie.  It's the byproduct of being caught being dishonest, so whats a little more dishonesty if there's that tiny tiny chance that you can lie your way out of it?  I am not on the kind of personal level with most players to know if they have learned their lesson and that when they say the cheating is in the past that it wont actually happen again. I can't make a fair assessment if this is just more lies, or if its the truth.  A best friend, however, could make that judgement call - something I am not qualified to do.

The time it takes for someone to learn from a lesson and change from 'I will cheat, fuck everyone' to 'fuck me, I will walk a straight line' is different for everyone. 

If someone asks you to vouch for them and you do not feel comfortable, then tell them so.  Handle it the same way you would if someone asks you to cosign on a loan.

Report Post Tip

A cosign on a loan is so much different than saying "sure he/she will play like they have sense."     Its a game.  A best friend is really going to tell their friend no over a game?  I imagine you'd want to keep people's personal drama out of your daily life.  This seems like a way to add it in, just so a cheater can be allowed to play again sooner.  

Report Post Tip

I guess that this is a solid "no" to flailing cheaters and then launching their bodies as far as we can using trebuchets.

I'm saddened by your constant rejection of my genius, but I can accept this alternative punishment.

Report Post Tip

A best friend is really going to tell their friend no over a game?

I would like to think that in a community where everyone is an adult, that we are all of an age where we are all capable of saying no.

Friendships can survive the word No. To default to a 3 year ban, when there are people that can learn their lesson earlier feels excessively punitive.

Report Post Tip

I guess that this is a solid "no" to flailing cheaters and then launching their bodies as far as we can using trebuchets.

Honesty-, does it have to be the the entire body?  I think lobbing a foot a few hundred yards is also a good deterrent.

Report Post Tip

Squishy

It can be several parts. It makes for more trebuchet shenanigans.

Report Post Tip

does this also effect people who have been dd'd as a result of being a hand or a CL of a cheater/scripter/ what have you?

Report Post Tip

also one suggestion, because it will take a year for anyone to know who was tagged for cheating, why not tag the dd'd account with past names?

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Cheating, long term consequences for short term gains.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL