Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 22:24:42
Page:  1 
Claiming Credits - Leveling The Playing Field Started by: Squishy on May 20, '22 02:43

We have introduced a new way to do the captcha on claiming credits.  This should level the playing field a little between between the speed of input from the desktop crowd vs the mobile crowd.  This is a temporary test that will be used and will be evolving  until the new version is relased.  We ask that you use your mouse, stylus or fingers to submit the captcha.  It should block your keyboard usage, but once that is fully tested and I am confident that it works and there are no mishaps, I will have it detect those that defeat its use of keyboard and block those characters from claiming credits.

Yes, I fully recognize that the desktop crowd no longer will be able to enjoy a large advantage over their mobile brethren, but thats sort of the point. 

Report Post Tips: 9 / Total: $180,000 Tip

ok that sound legit and reasonable

Report Post Tip

Its now a disadvantage - my mouse is at the bottom of my page, and then I have to move to the keypad to click the numbers. 

I have much more space to move to even get to the keypad. And because my brain does not work properly, I have a stutter to figure out what needs to happen to get the right numbers. This part may change as I get used to it - but if it is staying like this where I can not use my number pad (Which is fine, I approve of a level playing field) I would like an option to toggle off Free credits because I will rarely get one and it will just piss me off lol. 

Report Post Tip

Update: Looks like either people are napping or I'm getting used to change. 

Would still like a toggle for credits though - which seems absurd but sometimes I don't wanna know Im a big ol' loser 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Why not make it so that the first credit (or up to 3 a day) do NOT need a captcha but after that it does? Gives most people a chance to race for those first ones specially from Mobile.
Report Post Tip

Since I'm home and able to use my mouse again I'm going speak to how the new claiming method feels. On ipad it's awesome and simple, much better. On laptop with mouse it's ok, I've found I'm not much slower than using the numpad (this is purely going off on 'this credit was claimed x ago). On the opposite end, trackpad is completely horrendous trying to click the link then move to the correct numbers was just too slow, the only time I managed to claim I'm pretty sure I was the only one trying. On the times I was too late it was nearly always like 2 secs. This may just be me being slow so it would be good to hear from others. But using mouse felt possible though something to get used to, ipad was so much better (can't speak for mobiles themselves), trackpad horrendous I just stopped trying those days I couldn't set up my mouse.

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Claiming Credits - Leveling The Playing Field
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL