Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 15:02:37
Page:  1 
Finally, Some Justice in Paradise Started by: Climax on May 21, '22 10:14

As the months flew by, the Euphoria criminal empire grew bigger and bigger, much faster than Climax anticipated its growth to be. Of course, this didn't come without unwanted publicity -- some of the riskier stunts they pulled drew the attention of the tabloids and shone light on the seedy operations happening within their district. The public was getting increasingly uneasy with the amount of crime in their area, and some brave souls decided to hold a protest outside the Euphoria HQ, complete with placards and handpainted signs. Cute.

While Climax enjoyed the sight at first, the noise quickly grew insufferable and she decided to listen to what the people on the streets were shouting. While a lot of them complained about the increasing number of shootings and muggings, one sign in particular piqued her interest. "Justice for the people of Paradise!", it said in bold red paint. She pondered it for a little bit before shrugging and turning to her desk. If Justice is what they want, then Justice they shall get.

It took only a few days for her to get everything together. During those days, the protests didn't stop and continued to be an eyesore. On a fateful Saturday morning, Climax descended from her ivory tower and stepped outside the doors of the HQ, addressing the angry crowd.

"I understand you're all upset about how our... business," Climax started, chuckling slightly before continuing, "has affected the fine residents of Paradise. First and foremost, I'd like to apologise if we have wronged you in any way. Secondly and lastly, I've come to make amends."

"You want to be heard, right?" The crowd roars with cheers.

"You want a change in Paradise?" The 'aye's were thunderous.

"Most of all, you want Justice?" Again, the crowd chants yes boisterously.

The cheers turn into a quiet murmur as Justice steps out from the shadows, right on cue. Looking dapper but kind of weird at the same time, in his usual Justice style, he gives everyone a big smile and a wave. "This man's name is Justice. He has kindly agreed to run another criminal empire alongside me right here in our lovely neighbourhood. I do hope this appeases your wishes."

And with that she turned around and walked back into her headquarters amidst the shouts and cries of the people.

--

After the crowd was dispersed (violently or not, I cannot remember), Climax held a congratulatory party for Justice and invited only the best and brightest in the mafia world. Well, the best and brightest plus twigs, Giorgio-Esposito, Gnoch, and Geralt. They were there too. Whilst the party was at its height she raised a glass for a toast.

"Tonight, we celebrate Justice! Other than his humour, charisma, charm, wit, etcetera, I also have no doubt that he will be an amazing crew leader and will truly give the people what they want. Despite his penchant for mint chocolate chip," Climax shudders even mentioning the scum flavour, "I am certain he will be a great addition to the city of Las Vegas and will only help our operations grow. Here's to Justice in Paradise, finally!"

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Watching the crowds disperse quickly after the announcement, Justice couldn't help but wonder if there was something repulsive about him. The thought only lasted a second though, as he knew he was the epitome of good looks and winning charisma. He had come to these shores with nothing but a pack of cards and the will to succeed with him. Somehow, he had managed to charm the right people, and was finally being given the nod to run his own operation. Turning to his leader (former leader? She's still technically in charge right?) he flashes her a winning smile, the kind that would make any lesser woman weak at the knees. These knees were not weak though.

I would like to thank you for this opportunity. You have given me room to grow, after housing me from the horrors of the aftermath of the great war. I promise you I will not fail, and I will help to make this district and city the thriving and prosperous place it deserves to be.

Turning to the ever dwindling crowd, Justice holds up his tarot cards.

With these I shall lead us to fortune. I have seen what we shall become, and what we need. The future is here, if you give me your blessing. 

The crowd ignored him, so Justice sulked off to the corner, where Jaskier tries his hardest to comfort him. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Finally, Some Justice in Paradise
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL