Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 03:38:09
Page:  1 
Addiction Alley Anonymous Started by: Daiquiri on May 27, '22 19:45

Daiquiri was enjoying her stroll around the streets, going from speech to speech and hearing what people had to say to the masses. She felt it was a good skill to have, was to listen and pay attention to what people were trying to say. Sure a lot of it half the time may seem like hot air, but who was to say they could not vent? We all sure needed to sometimes.

It got Dairquiri to think on it more. What about those with issues that people wanted to talk about but feel shy in doing so or awkward? Especially when it came to addictions to things or simply some vices/bad habits. There was a lot of information out in the world for those who had issues with gambling or even drinking. But what about those other little habits people develop, to cope with the everyday stress of our world? It really can be hard going doing the 100th post office of the day or driving down the country's population of rodents.

Daiquiri’s idea was then born. She went to find a quieter part of the streets, down some dim-lit alleyway. She got some chairs placed down the bottom of it, in a big circle. At the entrance to the alleyway, she placed a dress-up box of disguises and went about getting the word out about what was on offer.

Ladies and GentlemenShe began to shout as she pointed towards her alleyway “Down there is a safe spot for anyone who wishes to come and talk about their addiction. No judgement or weapons allowed down there” She paused for a moment looking around as she went on to talk more “You may come as you are or you may come as an anonymous person with an alias. Maybe you have more than one bad habit you wish to try to break away from. Just know it is a safe place to do so in. So why not come and give it a try?” She finished up by saying as she backed away. 

Daiquiri made up some flyers and got some children to go hand them out to people, all over the country. She then began to walk to the end of the alleyway to sit and wait for people to come and join her. She had a big urn of hot water for people to make cups of tea or coffee from. She had orange squash for those who were addicted to hot beverages and she also had just normal plain water, in case of someone with an addiction to oranges. She felt she had things covered.

Addiction Alley Anonymous

What is shared here. Stays here!

Address: At end of the last Alley in the streets.

Free for all.

Free Drinks (No alcohol!)

Disguise box at the entrance to the alley for those who wish a disguise. Please return items afterwards.

Rules: No weapons. No Judgement.

She then took a seat and was waiting for the chance to share her vices. After all, anything could be an addiction to someone. No matter how silly it may sound.

Report Post Tips: 19 / Total: $380,000 Tip

As Bianca made her way through the more quiet part of the streets, trying to find her way to the last of the alleyways. She starts hearing a familiar voice, and looks up from the flyer that she had in her hand to happen to see exactly who she was looking for!! "It is true! A place to express my temptations that happen nearly every hour?!" She had to see if just maybe she could finally find some answers on what she could do to suppress such a bad habit!! 

As she enters the alleyway, she spots the box of disguises. "Oh perfect! This should help make things easier for my nerves!" Bianca adjusts her hair into a bun before putting on the mask. Deciding she was thirsty after all, before sitting down, she made her way to the table with refreshments. Never hearing of it before, she decided to give that orange squash stuff a try. Giving Daquiri a hug before sitting down and preparing to express her deep dark secret...

After taking a few sips, she looks over to Daiquiri, then nods and smiles in approval of the delicious drink. Bianca takes a deep breath and begins to speak.

"Goodness, where do I start? Let's start from the beginning, I guess? It started back in the 10th grade of high school... Gym class. I am not sure if it was because of them in their gym shorts that made me realize how much I admired bums of all shapes and sizes. From bubbles and apples to the pancake kinds. I was never brave enough to act upon it... Fast forward a little to just after graduation, I have a new gained confidence with being an adult. I was already hanging about a troubled crowd. We were conning poor schlubs to then placing bets on who cracked a safe the fastest. Then they taught me how to get that real quick cash solo. You know.. walking in a crowd on the strip, drunk people everywhere! It was so simple to "Opps, was that your bum I grabbed? I am so sorry! I must have grabbed it when I was trying to catch my fall! New shoes are like new feet sometimes am I right?!?" Boom. Pockets picked without them even noticing and a mental documentation in the bum bank. So simple to accomplish and get away with!!!!"

Bianca sighs then takes a few more sips and clears her throat before continuing..

"I am not sure what to do. Eventually I am to get caught and serve the time right? Or have I gotten it down that good that I can.... continue? No, no, no, no no. I am here to be better than that. Maybe now that I have told someone, I will have that voice in the back of my mind to not try to pick pocket AND grab, but just pickpocket?" Looking down at her watch, she chuckles nervously, then looks over to Daquiri while standing up. "Thank you for listening! Sorry to cut it so short, but I have a flight to catch!! I didn't realize how easy it would be to be able to sit down and express my constant struggle with my bad habits. Maybe that mask was more helpful than I imagined it would be."

Bianca takes off the mask and finishes off the drink. As she sets it in the box while making her way out the alleyway and heading back up the street, she looks back at Daquiri and hollers while waving "Thanks again for this great idea, Boss! I will definitely be back soon with an update and to hear yours!!!"

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Daiquiri had been sitting for a while and was beginning to feel somewhat alone in her quirks as she began to pop relentlessly at a strip of bubble wrap. You see that was one of her vices, the inability to resist the urge to pop away on it. She always carried some in her pocket ready for when the need struck.

Eventually, a shadow appeared that the top of the alleyway, she could not make out who it was but could see that they were rummaging for something in the 'dress up' box. She could make out the person pulling a mask over their head as they made their way towards to where she was sitting. "Finally" Dairquiri muttered as she quickly placed her bubblewrap away in her pocket and sat up straight, to appear more approachable.

As the person got closer the perfume became very familiar in how it would linger in the air. Right away Daiquiri could tell it was a female who needed to talk. She had no idea it was family member Bianca. "Welcome to Addiction Alley Anonymous" Daiquiri spoke out, as the lady went and got herself some Orange Squash. Pleased to see the lady make herself more comfortable she too got herself more ready to listen to the woes of this lovely smelling being.

It took no time at all before the lady blurted out her addiction. Daiquiri was in awe of the bravery of the lady in getting it all off her chest. After all, it can't of been easy to tell a stranger they love to go around pinching other people's butts. No sooner has the lady expressed her habits than she had turned to walk back up the alleyway to the streets. "Do not feel shame!" Daiquiri shouted after her, "You're welcome anytime here" she shouted further. 

As Daiquiri sat thinking it suddenly dawned on her "I should offer her bubblewrap, should she ever visit again. So each time she goes to pinch a but she can just pop the wrap!" she muttered to herself with a bit of grin. "Who knew one habit, could help another?" she muttered further as she got up to go and get herself an orange squash too. I happily in the thought that the AAA could be a zone for people to help one another.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hearing the rumors that a gathering was held in the vicinity for those who wanted to anonymously speak about their vices Void could not help gravitating towards it. For a while he had been walking around the block, trying to decide whether or not the rumored alley was really something he could, or should, enter.

It must have been at least five times now that he stood in front of the disguise-box at the entrace, only to back away from it again at the last second. Seeing a familiar face striding out of the alley with an expression of relief he took a deep breath and resolved to go in as well.

The disguise-box seemed to have many options to pick from, but Void settled on the classic pair of glasses with a fuzzy nose and eyebrows prop. He patted himself on the cheeks twice before walking down the alley to the carefully placed circle of chairs and finally took a seat.

First of all I think everyone has their own bad habits, regardless of whether we openly speak about them or not. We live in a world where one is often preoccupied with keeping up appearances one way or another and emphasis tends to be put on the positive achievements, but very little is said about the mistakes that we made and learnt from along the way. I think in general people simply do not like to talk about negative things.

Looking over his shoulder to make sure no unwanted ears were listening in he then said the following in a hushed voice:

Now for my own bad habit, I think everyone who knows our way of life is acquainted with the great practise that breaking fellow mobsters out of jail gives. It has a little bit of everything: gathering intel on the bustee, planning the bust, and lastly the rush of actually pulling off the escape. One has to be both cunning and be able to react quickly to unexpected developments.

The local forces can often be bribed to make an extra round to ensure their jails are stocked with criminals. My vice is that I often grift off other's bribings (or chip in only partly) as opposed to coughing up the funding myself. It has almost become a sport to me, to grift off jails as much as possible! It has gotten so bad I've even started taking notes for an article I may put into writing in the future called "The art of the grift". Absolutely shameful, I know, I suspect my Dutch genes have something to do with my prideful stance towards this perverted cheapskatery.

The sweating palms of the masked fellow seemed to indicate that this was something he had difficulties talking openly about, no doubt the anonimity offered by the disguise had made it possible for him to share this.

Having voiced his personal addiction the masked figure took a sip of the water he was offered when he came in with his ill-fitting pair of glasses. He sat in silence waiting for the next person to speak of their Addiction in the Anonymous Alley, having a slightly less burdened mind than when the day had started.

Report Post Tip

Minding her own business as she sat down at Addiction Alley, Daiquiri pulled out a sheet of bubble wrap and began to pop away at it letting the time pass by. She sure found it was a way to be within her zen to relax. It was quiet down the alleyway, not even a rat was to be seen running around. Then again, Daiquiri was a bit of a neat freak. That was another addiction of hers was cleaning, you would never see an alleyway as clean as hers.

As evening went by as she suddenly heard footsteps coming in her direction. She could make out it was a tall gentleman who wore glasses. She could also make out he had thick caterpillar type of eyebrows and a nose that use a little bit of a trim to it. She hadn't realised it was a disguise, it was that good, so so good that she was convinced it was what he really looked like. She really could not tell it was that dashing and handsome Void from her own family.

The gentleman took a seat and began to speak out about his addictions. It soon became clear that when he was out there busting criminals from their jail cells, he would ensure someone else was covering the cost of the tools to be able to do it. That was his thing, ensuring he had not lost any over heads on it and no doubt, ensured he got our the prisoners with the most guards. Daiquiri smiled as she couldn't help but make a little comment, "That seems smart to me" she chuckled as she allowed the man to explain more of what he called 'The art of the grift'.

Daiquiri watched as the man then stood up to go get a cup of water. He sure did seem flustered, but soon seemed calmer. She too got up and walked over to him to speak, "I wouldn't call that a bad addiction at all. I would call it more, resourceful? These are hard times and I see nothing wrong in a little bit of budgeting!" she said as she paused for a moment. She then decided to offer the man a strip of bubble wrap "Here, have this. Let's see if more come down to talk to us about their addictions soon" she said as she took her drink to go sit back down in the circle, waiting for the next addict to appear before them.

Report Post Tip

The man looked at her as if she was losing her marbles, as he took the strip of bubble wrap from her. He just kinda nodded as he took yet another sip of water. Suddenly she heard a voice calling her "Miss Daiquiri, are you down there my dear?" a lady shouted from the top of the alleyway. Right away Daiquiri realised who it was and ran up to meet her with childlike excitement. 

"Hello Edith, thanks for coming", Daiquiri said to her as she took a big box with two dozen butterfly cakes in it, that Edith was holding. She lifted the lid slightly to look and smiled, "These look lovely, ten out of ten, I will recommend your bakery" Daiquiri said with much joy as she paid up what she owed her and bid the lady a good day. She made her way back down Addiction Alley to go place the box of cakes down. Now she had something nice to offer people to go with their squash or water. "Maybe that will encourage more to come and talk about their addictions", she muttered to herself. She then turned to the man there, "Would you like a cake or two, sir?".

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It had been some time since she made her way down this alley.. It was definitely long overdue! As she makes her way past the box of disguises she looks over to see there are new goodies at the table. She pours herself some more delicious squash while looking over and admiring the butterfly cakes. "Ohhh I shouldn't but they look so delicious!!" Bianca continues to contemplate with herself a little more.. "Bahhh, a little treat won't hurt." 

Making her way to sit down she sees Daiquiri trying to hand a man bubble wrap and offer some cake. "Hmm. I remember hearing her holding and mentioning that last time I was here too! I left in such a rush, I didn't get to hear about it. I wonder if that would actually work for me??" While she finishes her cake, she waits for Daiquiri to be finished speaking to the man. Thinking of what to say and how to say it.. will she sound crazy and living a bit of a creeper lifestyle? Probably so.. she knew she had to accept that in order to better herself for herself and the ones she cared about the most! 

Once realizing she can say a few things she takes a deep breath and begins; "So, I've been trying to do better since I was last here. I still haven't found a way to tell my friends and family yet. How word hasn't gotten through the grape vine.. I am not sure!! I've come across a certain bum though.. I can't get THAT bum out of my mind. So what I try to do, is every time I feel the urge, I pinch myself. It hasn't been the best working technique." looks down to her arms at all the bruising before looking back up to continue.. "I've done good with keeping my distance. Only grabbing from time to time when we pass, which is rare. It's been a start of something productive I like to think.. I was told meditation could potentially work.. all I see when I close my eyes is bums!?!?" Bianca roses her arms in the a air before looking over to Daiquiri 

"I am so sorry to have been so rude and not stuck around longer. Let alone come by sooner. My nerves tend to get the best of me sometimes." sighs in disappointment "I heard you mention something about bubble wrap being your trick? How does this work exactly? Should I pop it with every thought and urge or just when I am within reach of THAT bum? Or should I just attach some to my hands so I can't actually get a grasp or feel of THAT bum?" Bianca realizes she has overloaded with questions and takes a deep breath before continuing "I just want to be able to contain the beast within. Self control is starting to diminish.."

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $350,000 Tip

As Daiquiri awaited the man to make up his mind over cake she smelted the highly perfumed female heading back down to Addiction Alley. She could feel that the gorgeous lady was waiting for her to be more accessible. "Hold that thought!" she said to the man as she placed the cakes on the table again and made her way towards the elusive lady.

She could see the lady was nervous by the way she began to speak, but as she did it all came flooding out of her system. Her body language started to change as the lady began to look around the alley as she spoke which was probably more to do with the lack of butts within the place for her to get her hands on to. Daiquiri was impressed with the bravery the lady must-have for even coming to the place in the first place.

As the lady finished up talking and asked about the bubble wrap, Daiquiri replied, "Well we can always try it? Take as much as you need and each time you get the urge.. have a few pops at it and see what happens!" She said with such a positive attitude, before continuing "Maybe involve a family member you can trust to support you. You have nothing to feel ashamed about! As for that 'special behind' have you considered just offering to buy him or her a cup of coffee? Who knows it might reduce temptation if you get more familiar with the face-to-face contact.. Do you get what I am saying?" Daiquiri finished up saying as she could see the lady was taking it on board. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Talking about his addiction of jail-grifting had lifted a huge burden off Void's shoulders. The burden proved to be weighing on him so heavily however that as soon as he had finished talking about it he was assaulted by an extreme exhaustion and had dozed off into a deep slumber. Luckily for him Void had learnt to sleep with his eyes open early on in his career back when he was still assigned to watch over the goat herd of The Forest so hopefully nobody had noticed.

He awoke God knows how many hours later with a slight jolt and tried to re-adjust to the situation before him. He noticed that his fake moustache had slid down a bit so he quickly put the fuzzy caterpillar back in place. The hostess of the alley appeared to be offering him some lovely looking delicacies. "Ah yes thank you! A great breakfast I'd say." The disguised Void answered. He took a bite and immediately recognised the flavour. "Butterfly cakes eh?" He had the feeling that he had tasted a very similar treat before but couldn't quite remember where...

Before he could ponder it any further however he was also handed a sheet of bubble wrap. Though he was unsure if this could help him rid him of his horrible jail-grifting ways he was sure he could use this prop in his next prank on Hobbs. After the severe beatdown he had recently suffered in D0m3n1c's import business from the three-star-monster he was eager to get revenge on the fellow. His attempt at the ole handshake-buzzer trick had failed when it was interrupted by the owner of said business. Void was devestated by this, but at least now he had new tools for his next jape at Hobbs' expense. After pondering this he turned once more to the hostess.

"Thank you for the bubble wrap too. Say lady hostess, anonymous proprietor of the Addiction Alley Anonymous, me and the other lass have shared our vices and gotten it out of our systems. Are there any addictions that you possess which you might wish to share?"

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

For some reason Dairquiri was in a bit of a daze, lost focus for a bit and went into her daydream world. Was her happy place from time to time, just zoning out. She not even realised she had eaten one to many of the butterfly cakes. Can't of been a good look in front of her guests. She was soon brought back into the room when Void spoke up. 

He thanked her for the bubble wrap as he went on to ask if she had something to share too. She took a deep breath as she looked at him and the lady there to begin to talk.

"Yes, it may come as a surprise but it was bubblewrap. I now see it can be a tool for good, so I don't think that counts anymore", she began to say as she looked down at her hands, still with evidence shes has scoffed a few cakes. Looking back up she realised she needed to ensure that Void and the lady, didn't feel alone in their addictions, "CAKE" she blurted out loud, "I LOVE CAKE" she couldn't help herself anymore, it was all flooding out, "Yes, If I see cake I can not help myself. Look at those butterfly ones I got for people here. Most of them I have eaten myself.. If I see cake that's it for me.." she finished up saying. She soon realised it was a genuine issue that she faced. Boy, it felt good expressing herself and more so being trueful in so. 

"Sorry for my out burst there" she said to Void and Bianca, still unaware of whom they were, as she walked over to get some squash. "Please don't judge..." as she picked up the cup. She looked over at them and noticed there was just three left. She couldn't believe it, has she really eaten most of them herself? 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Addiction Alley Anonymous
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL