Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:33:38
Page:  1 
Fremont Street Experience Started by: Andrew_Paxton on Aug 25, '11 13:12

This is, after all, Las Vegas. 

Drew walked out of Jimmy's HQ, shook a couple of hands and made his way to the street corner.  On his way, he stopped for a second to speak to Jimmy and Chade, and soaked in the last bits of advice.  As he continued walking, he turned, gave the old HQ one more look, then crossed the street and into the new HQ.  New home to those working on the next big Las Vegas Experience. He entered the lobby, took a few steps up toward the second floor, turned and began to speak.

"Thank you all for coming today.  It's been a long road to get here today.  I have many people to thank.  Too many  to list individually.  Some of them - wihere I got my start - have since passed.  Others still changing the world.  I will say a Thank You to Gaius who started me on this particular road just before his death.  I also thank Chade and the other leaders of Las Vegas for giving me this chance.  And last, I say thank you to Jimmy, for giving me the chance to help him run his family, which has grown so much in our time in Vegas, and for allowing me to step out here and continue to focus my efforts on building this city. "

"I know this community has gotten used to brief speeches from those tho are authorized to start a family because the leaders are busy, and I'll keep mine as brief as I can." 

"I serve at the pleasure of Las Vegas, and that's where my loyalty lies.  I believe in a certain code, or codes if you will; codes burned into my soul by my father and his father before him.  These codes are very meaningful and I expect, even demand, that all those who serve under me follow these codes.  Some key words you may know that are part of this code(s):

Omerta - we will follow this code of silence.  No feds will be able to part our lips, and none of our family business will be dealt with out in the open.  Those who cannot honor this code will no longer be welcome within our walls. 

Honor - speaking of honor, we will live our lives honorably.  Those who seek to be a part of this family will understand what it means to live honorably, and do their best to live by this strict code.  If you do not understand what it means to live honorably, even while participating in a life of "crime", well then you may not be ready to join us here with our experience.   Needless to say, you are expected to live your life a certain way, to carry yourself in a certain way, as you interact with the members of our community.

Respect - that brings me to respect.  It is earned not given.  You earn respect through your own actions, not the actions of your mother or your father.   That does not mean, however, that you will not act respectfully in all aspects of your life.  If you want to be a part of this family, you will act with respect toward all members of this community.  That does not mean you have to respect them; some may not be worthy of that respect.  But you will act respectfully.  I assume you know the difference. 

Loyalty - You will remain loyal to this family, and to this city.  Loyalty can be summed up as a devotion to a person, a group, a city, or (and) a cause.   That's easy enough.

Codes we live by. "

"We're a new family.  We will be working on doing things the right way.  What does that mean to you? "

"It means we will be working on alternative ways to recruit.  We're not going to "member whore" as some would say, but that doesn't mean we won't approach those new to our shores.  I don't see a problem with offering to lend a hand to those who are new here.  That doesn't mean offer them money to join, or threaten them, or offer any unsolicited invitations.  We may progress slowly in this endeavor, but it is our hope that other families (some do this already) will stand by us and do the same. "

"Improvements to the Business District - something that Gaius and Kurtz were working on before their deaths - which I will attempt to carry on.  I know I have the support of the other Las Vegas families, and of our City Head, Chade, when I tell you that Las Vegas will be the place to come."

"Street Presence - I think it's important, and will encourage everybody in my family to make it a point to interact with others in the eight cities. "

"We have many other projects, which we will begin on immediately." 

"So, there you have it.  I thank Las Vegas, and it's head, Chade, and the other leaders of Las Vegas, as well as my boss, JimmyNapoli, for this opportunity.  I will not let you guys down." 

"Have any questions, or wish to join this new organization, feel free to approach AlexKeene or myself.  We are friendly people." 

Report Post Tip

Whiskey walks up to shake Andrews hand and offers him a drink

I cannot tell you how proud of you I really am. You have been a mainstay in our world for over a year now and you have truly earned this shot. You have been one of the beacons people can constantly count on in Las Vegas and I cannot think of a better man for the job.

I already enjoy working with you and am looking forward even more to our more frequent encounters. I'd tell you good luck but you don't really need it.

Here's to you Andrew!

Report Post Tip

"I'm not sure about just how friendly I am, Drew, but I guess I'm friendly enough."

She smiles, and looks around at the new headquarters they spent the better part of the night moving into.

"I echo much of what Whiskey says, in that I truly cannot think of a better man to take up this new endeavor in Las Vegas. I have worked closely with you for quite some time, and I'm proud to be a part of the Fremont Street Experience working under your established leadership. I know just how capable you are, and how far you can go. I'm looking forward to seeing you through and being there every step of the way."

"I know Chade and JimmyNapoli expect great things. They will not be disappointed."

"Congratulations on your new headquarters, and also your promotion to the rank of Don! You've deserved every bit of this, you know."

Report Post Tip

congratulations sir,although our family today loses two extremely valued members the city gains an extremely competent CL and RHM,i look forward to seeing your family grow and prosper with the rest of us.

Report Post Tip

congratulations sir,although our family today loses two extremely valued members the city gains an extremely competent CL and RHM,i look forward to seeing your family grow and prosper with the rest of us.

Report Post Tip

Duke sat down a case of Dr. Pepper, and claped for Mr. Paxton and Miss Keene.

"I am proud of both of you as well. Drew you will be a great leader, and i look forward to what you can do. I have read my grandfathers journals, and he never had anything bad to say about your ancestors. I can't wait to see what you are going to do. Congratulations again."

Duke reached down, and opened a few bottles of Dr. Pepper and started handing them out.

Report Post Tip

Silk joins the group gathered around the new leader and gratefully accepts a bottle of Dr. Pepper from Duke. “Thank you, Sir.”

After a few minutes of mingling Silk approaches Andrew_Paxton.

“Impressive speech, Mr. Paxton. Congratulations on your auth and new promotion. I look forward to seeing what you’re going to do in Las Vegas. Good luck.”

Report Post Tip

Danny V takes a drag from his cigar looking up at the sign on a building that reads “The Fremont Experience” smiling he walks in.  “So is this the hole in the wall owned by a SPECIAL man?” looking at Paxton, Alex and Duke.  

Danny walks up to Paxton tossing him a crudely wrapped package; He takes a seat and says “open it”. Paxton opens up the package inside he finds a red/blue helmet and a note that says “I am sad that we have lost a very SPECIAL boy in our family, now who am I going put on the SHORT BUS every morning for school?”  Danny stars laughing.

Alright now for the real gift as Danny looks at Paxton he pulls a bottle of 50yr old Scotch and two glasses and placed them on the table. He pours about two inches of the amber liquid into both.  Handing a glass to Paxton and raising his own glass He states “Paxton, You have been a great friend and mentor even if I have not known you very long I have enjoyed our conversations greatly and you have a great deal knowledge to share”.

Taking out two Cuban cigars he hand one to his Special friend no joke he continues “I know that you have worked very hard for this honor of running a family I wish you the best and I will always be a friend and an ally” He lifts his glass to the new Don and leader of The Fremont Street Experience “hears to the a great man and I hope the best for you and your family in this thing we call life” 

Danny V stands up extends his hand across the table and shakes Paxton’s then reaching into his pocket Danny pulls a lighter out lighting the Cuban in Paxton’s mouth he says “Best luck to you my friend”

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fremont Street Experience
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL