Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 21:14:46
Game Suggestions
3 Watchers
Page:  1 
Schedule Flights In Advance Started by: Squishy on Jun 11, '22 00:25

Just going down a small investigatory rabbit hole here, but bear with me.  What would be the pros and cons of being able to schedule flights in advance, for example, you have 37 minutes left on your flight timer but want to go crash for the evening.  You can book a flight to NY that takes off in 37 minutes, when you log in in the morning, you are already in NY and since its been long enough, your timers are clear.

Yay? Nay?

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $200,000 Tip

How far out in advance are you thinking? Would it be just one prescheduled flight? Would it cost more? 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Gut says it would cost the same, just it would be non refundable (for example, if you are jailed when its time, or if your timer is otherwise occupied)

I have all of 3 minutes wrapped up into thinking about this but I wanted to quickly toss it over to the users to see if it sparks enough interest to mold into something that can be useful.  There is a whole scheduling system behind the scenes for other features (like reminders and what not), that it really is a very low effort feature to do.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Nay. 

Must be persistent if you want to fly in 30 minutes. Miss work tomorrow. It's fine. 

Also, same goes for war... If you want to fly in 30 minutes during a war and it's been days since you slept... Gotta miss more sleep! Do drugs to stay awake.

Report Post Tip

Ahh and for the other answers, you can do just one, and maybe it can be scheduled up to a few hours in advance.  This is more of a QOL feature for those craving sleep with a touch of logistics for drug running/IA hunting while preserving timers, as well as maybe a little side benefit of a bit of strategy when it comes to wars, covering tracks.

What if it is disabled if you've recently been shot or under protection?

"You can't book this flight in advance. Your heat is too high and need to lay low" type thing.

Being online yourself would still be ok to fly.

Of course if one of the primary reasons is to sneakily move during a war then discount the above entirely 

Report Post Tip

+1 from me. The amount of times I have had to stay up to travel after mugging related travel timer incidents is painful. 

I would also say this should be a 1 at a time type deal but a few hours seems excessive to schedule a flight. Could we not go 30 mins to schedule? 

Report Post Tip

So far I'm not for or opposed to the idea, though I would prefer to see it cost more than a normal flight - even if it's not by all that much. Flights are extremely cheap as is (except for Private Flights) and people already pay to have the ability to increase their flights (with the Travel Timer Perk) which leads me to believe that there would be minimal pushback if these scheduled flights were to cost, say... $35-50k?

It's a small price to pay for the convenience and isn't more than a few (or less) drug deals worth of profit to afford making it easily accessible to all. 

Report Post Tip

I would not be against the idea of 35-50k for this. 

Report Post Tip

I really think it'd be detrimental in terms of war. You sleep you lose etc. Same goes for like the hustle take a flight thing... if you could schedule that, it's too much of a benefit. 

Report Post Tip

I do like the idea mainly for IA hunting purposes myself and also a nice feature if you are out and about but want to sleep in your home city.    I'd be fine with a slightly increased cost I suppose.   

As for during wars, I agree with SpikeS so do like the suggestion by Hobbs about it not being available if you are proed.

But if it was a choice between being available all of the time or not at all, I'd go for it being an option.

Report Post Tip
Slightly off topic, but I've always thought that maybe a Godfather could have an option of telling the aviation union to have the ground crew go on strike. Shut down commercial flights.

If a city was attacked, they could trap their assailants for example
Report Post Tip

I don't like it. I can see why it'd be good to use but Personally I plan out my time/flights and if I fuck it up I fuck it up. Even in times of war if you wanna move, private fly. 

Report Post Tip

If it unavailable for wars I could get behind this. I don't think people  need more game dynamics that draw out wars.  No one likes sitting for days in limbo and this feature I can see drawing out wars longer than we have seen in recent times. 

Report Post Tip
I disagree with this personally.

Everything we do here is because we are active and putting effort in. If you cannot time your day to the flights you take then that is your lookout.

If you have to stay up 30 mins or come back on to fly home thats part of the game.

Personally I believe every action taken should be user driven, if you can explain to me something in the game that isn't Id be happy to think about this but automation just doesn't seem right for any part of MR.

i agree with this, i think it'd help with rogues or wars - maybe you have to wait a certian amount of time before the pro is off but don't want to get shot or something - so you plan it so you fly there at this time for example. 

Idk i'm into it

Report Post Tip
I like it and think it makes the gameplay more passive. I don’t see any potential drawbacks other than upsetting the hardcore players.
Report Post Tip

Is there actually even a con to this one? I like this'n

Report Post Tip

It's a +1 from me. Maybe a few restrictions or costs during war but that aside I can't see any downside for those that don't play 22 hours a day. I think the GF locking down flights during war is a very compelling idea too and close to what would be 'reality' also. I think those that say this would extend wars might not know of the longest wars known and in fact might speed them up and also draw some interesting travel plans targets / movements too. I like it and seems in keeping with a mafia response not a coded flight time = no matter what. If the user base needs to grow and is desired it cannot be targetted only at the mega rich for private flights or those that choose to spend most of their 24 hours a day on the game, make it more available within limits and think it would make it more interesting. It is not out of the realms of the mafia to go - I have a 'job' to take care of tomorrow in x city need a flight but need a few hours kip to be ready for it so let me book rest then take care of business.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Schedule Flights In Advance
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL