Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Conduct in the Streets. A vision Started by: Estebano on Aug 26, '11 10:56

damn i thought that read a 100 million for a minute

Wade holsters his business

You mention people duelling it out without families getting involved,and it being personal not business but do you think my boss or any boss is going to be happy if you were to gun down a member who had brought in 10mill plus to the family?...it may start as personal but the bottom line affects business and thats never going to end well.

Report Post Tip

Estebano, you've just proved correct everything WhereAmI has said.

And turned what semblance of a valid point there was into a farce of a topic. Congratulations

Report Post Tip

Wade has a good point.

Even if the members involved in the dispute think its personal it only takes one boss to believe otherwise.

Estebano, it seems you are on the verge of contradicting your own point. This doesn't need to turn into anything more than an idea you have brought out onto the streets. Trying to goad a LHM and a respected boss is not getting your point across regarding your thoughts that freedom of speech should be exercised more wholly.

Report Post Tip

Wade

It was an idea, the Streets being short of them, I thought I'd advance one.  What I was suggesting is that it stays between the two arguing, as would be the case IRL (sorry for OOCitis)

PARISo 

Not much substance to your two sentances.

Messian

I'm not trying to goad anyone - I'm prompting debate.

Report Post Tip

Estabano at no point did i say you shouldnt have mentioned the idea i merely gave my take on the matter(which is what you seemed to be proposing you would like to see more of)

and if two made guys fall out over lets a woman...one guy kills the other...who happens to earn a lot for the boss of an organized crime family...there should be no repercussions??...at the end of the day dosent matter if its America Italy or this Real Life place you speak off....you mess with the profit margins of an organized crime family and you cant honestly expect them to go 'oh well its personal' thats just not realistic.

not as im trying to shoot your idea down just airing my views

Report Post Tip

Like I said before, we are not hood-looms. If someone insults one of us and we "sort it out between those involved" (likely resorting to violence) there would be so many small, pointless disputes resulting in unnecessary bloodshed. The discipline regime whereby the crew leader takes action and intervenes has often been the get out move from a meaningless death.

Some of these younger fish don't know how to swim and are so trigger happy. Problems that arise with said people are better presented to someone who can deal with them faster, wiser and more effectively- Crew leaders.

Whats more, it invokes discipline. People who run around thinking whatever they do will be personal and "they can sort it" are more likely not to hold the consequences of their actions in high regard. As it stands now, we all know that where we go, what we say and do has a direct impact on our family and city. We don't let ourselves "go" because we are representatives of our business branches, and they expect us to carry ourselves in that way.

Report Post Tip

I understand what you mean, but what I'm saying is that fear is stifling good, honest debate and argument.  For a while, relatives of mine were privvy to lots of interesting information but to volunteer it meant DEATH.  Should this be the case?

Report Post Tip

If that interesting information that was made public was meant to stay private then yes it should be the case. Good, honest debate should not be anything to do with information that should be disclosed. Thats not honest, its dangerous gossip that endangers lives.

Report Post Tip

You've misunderstood what I've said, possibly on purpose.  I consider this matter closed.

Report Post Tip

Oh do you??

In that case it must be closed!?

I wouldn't waste my time playing games with you, Estebano. I'm responding to what you are saying with my own points. We are having a honest debate ;D

Report Post Tip

Am glad you've put a close to the matter as it seems you didn't want to listen to what anybody had to say anyway. It baffles me as to how Messiah has misunderstood you, to me he gave a rather level headed and exacting answer, given the fact he keeps going around in circles with you... he's got a lot more patience than what I have

Report Post Tip

Refering back to what you said Estebano...

You want people to talk about things that are occuring on the streets correct? For example, if somebody's BG's are being taken out, you want the people to start talking about it. However, when people start talking about things, they put their own two cents in, sometimes creating rumors and bad jokes.

Is that what you want our streets to become, high school?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Conduct in the Streets. A vision
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL