Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 16:08:59
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Horse Racing/Gambling in Chicago Started by: Falloutia on Jun 15, '22 20:31

Falloutia began to spread the word of his new gambling establishment around the main cities. He used his contacts through all of the main crews to get the message out of a new opportunity to gamble and launder some of that "well" earned money.  Come to Chicago and take the opportunity to gamble or become racehorse owner.  Two horses have already been purchased, do not miss this opportunity to relax, have a little fun and even make some money at Chicago's Silver Dollar Betting Agency

Following the recovery of the Union Stock Yards  after the fire of 1934 and the sudden immigration of new workers the area became a booming district for workers and mafiosos alike. Falloutia was sat at one of the local speakeasies with his crew member, Stringer.  It has been recently noted that Stringer likes to live fast and loose with his cash and credits, making crazy bets, all for the chance of a big win; something which the local populace is also seeking. Noting a gap in the market and the opportunity to wash some of his and his fellow gangsters' illegitimate earnings, the doors of Chicago’s first bookies will now be opening.

With this information and the $250,000 dollars from his recent dealings Falloutia found the perfect property – a small, disused factory.  With a little help from the local Goomba’s the place was clean and up and running in no time at all. Fit with ten betting stations, a large odds board and two security guards the place was set up to become quite lucrative indeed. The Silver Dollar Betting Agency was now open for business.

Announcement

Weekly Horse Races

7 Horses will run in a race each week, at 7pm IGT, every Friday.  Betting odds for the following week will be posted on a Sunday.

Each horse will require an owner at a cost of $250,000 plus a weekly subsidy of $50,000 for training and stable costs – They will get to name the horse and will received 50% of the prize purse if their horse wins.  Please contact me directly if you would like to be an owner

----- The first race announcement will follow once all 7 horses have been purchased -----

Rules

• All bets to be made by cash transfer, clearly stating the name of the horse you wish to bet on plus the nature of the bet (To win/Each way)
  • “To win” bets will pay out the stated odds plus return the initial bet.
  • Only half of an “Each way” bet will be placed as a bet on the horse
  • “Each Way” bets will payout the stated odds plus return the initial bet in the event of a 1st place
  • “Each way” bets will payout ¼ of the odds if the horse places 2nd or 3rd
  • Maximum $50,000 bet per horse
  • Maximum 2 bets per person, per race

Examples 

1) You bet 50k on a horse at 3/1 odds, to win - it places 1st, you win 150k plus the 50k bet

2) You bet 50k on a horse at 4/1 odds, each way - it places 3rd, you win 25k plus 50k bet.  The 25k is half the 50k bet at a quarter of the odds 4/1 > 1/1(evens)

3) You bet 50k on a horse at 5/1 odds, each way - it places 1st, you win 125k plus 50k bet as only half of the initial 50k bet counts as what was placed on the horse

All money made in the first instance will be reinvested as capital to allow an increase in the betting limit over time.

Report Post Tips: 29 / Total: $660,000 Tip
"where are the horses going to live? We have excellent stables here in DETROIT, for reasons I won't get into.

Say, why don't you send a couple of the horses over?"
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

"Thanks for the offer, Jaws, I think we can do business".  

Later that week Falloutia flew out to Detroit to inspect the stables.

"I think the horses would be happy here, but how can you ensure that they are protected?"

Falloutia knew there would be lots of money at stake in the long term and knew that these guys would try any underhanded tactic they could to give their horse an edge.

Report Post Tip

"If you want those horses to live, Falloutia, I wouldn't recommend stabling them in Detroit. Headcoach has been known to remark on a number of occasions 'I'm so hungry I could eat a race horse stabled specifically in Detroit'. Then you throw in the recent Human v Horse violence in the form of Skidmark literally twatting a horse in the face? Well, does that sound like a safe place to stable horses?

No my friend, no no no."

Hobbs wrapped his long noodley arms around Falloutia's shoulders

"Walk with me, please."

Hobbs started to walk away with Falloutia

"What you need is a city that cares about animals. You know my main man, Giorgio-Esposito has his own Zoo? That guy loves animals. A Race horse would be a fine addition to the city. I read a recent study that said heat was good for the cardiovascular system and no doubt horses would thrive in such an environment. Consider it. Choose life. Choose Vegas."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

"Ahem." 

Sosabowski took a last drag of his cigarette before crushing it under his shoe. He straightened his tie and subtly adjusted his beret. 

"Don Hobbs, is it not true that this 'Zoo' that you speak of is home to a particularly — and unreasonably — fat horse? Some claim that this horse has managed to surpass even Headcoach's famous girth. Does that sound like good care to you!? Surely, Falloutia, you would not your thoroughbreds to become fat and slovenly? Forget about the cardiovascular system — last time I checked obesity has a disastrous impact on the performance of racehorses. Consider Los Angeles instead. We— uh... I think we have a bear somewhere. Who may or may not be a cocaine addict, but still. Cocaine improves performance though, I'm sure." 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Falloutia did not expect so much desire to stable the horses. He pulled Jaws Hobbs and Sosabowski in for a meeting to discuss this further.

"Listen men, we have a lot to work with here but I have some concerns; overweight horses, cocaine addicted bears, and a man that likes to occasionally twat horses.  This just wont do... but...."

Falloutia took a large sip from his glass of Vat 69, stubbed out his cigar and pulled out a small notebook

"Rather than arguing over who takes care of the horses, why don't we settle this on the racetrack, put your money where your mouths are, buy a horse and lets see who comes out on top, MikeTyson is in, you wouldn't want him to take all the green and spend it on lions would you?"

Falloutia turned to Hobbs, and like poking the proverbial bear let him know that MikeTysons' horse had been named "Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist"

"Well men, what do we say?"

Report Post Tip

"Falloutia, my dear boy, prestige is everything. I don't want to own the horses because I want to actually own the horses. I want to own the horses because it stops Detroit owning the horses. Los Angeleas I don't mind. Mr Sosabowski is a respected gentleman who mastered the art of the mythical 50th unit many eons ago, unlike that overly friendly male model, @Illuminatiated.

That being said, I also agree that a cocaine riddled bear is not the place for a champion horse. If you want your horse to end up with ears chewed off, Mike Tyson is also your man. If you want a man of the people, a Prince of Summerlin? I'm your guy."

Hobbs stood proud like an erect peacock

"I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is though. Please confirm payment from my accountant of $300,000 to cover my purchase of the nag, plus an initial week of training. In return if you could wire me $300,000 to cover the extravagant cost of the 7 horse ranch I just purchased out in Nevada."

Hobbs paused

"My horse, for the record, is also called "Mike Tyson's 21 million dollar mug" in honour of the time I mugged him for $21 million.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip
Dmitry comes from a long line of greyhound owners and thought this is a perfect opportunity to branch out into horse racing.

“May I ask if you still have some of the horses for sale?”

Kr
Dmitry
Report Post Tip

Falloutia turned to @Dimitry

"Why yes we have 3 horses that have yet to be purchased, you should invest and let MikeTyson and Hobbs squabble amongst themselves"

Falloutia poured Dimitry a large glass of scotch.

"You in?"

Report Post Tip

Sunday Odds Announcement 19/6

I am pleased to announce the betting odds for the week.  Please make all bets by 5pm IGT on 24/6

1. "Jerome" Owner: StringerBelll. Stringer used his gambling winnings for the week to pay for a new trainer and jockey for the first race.  Jerome is showing some good form during training although not consistently enough to place him as favourite 3/1

2. "Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist" Owner: MikeTyson. Was firm favourite for this weeks race until MikeTyson brought his tiger to the stable to see his new horse, unfortunately this spooked his horse and it is now reluctant to leave the stalls during training 4/1

3. "MikeTysons' 21 Million Dollar Mug" Owner: Hobbs. Hobbs' horse has shown poor form, however in the last week is picking up the pace during training. It is suspected he has been spending time with the bear at the local zoo 2/1

4. "Dmitrys' Horse" Owner: Dmitry. Only recently purchased and still without a proper name. Has begun training but is definitely lagging behind the pack. 6/1

5. "Jarricks' Jackpot" Owner: Jarrick. Jarricks' Jackpot is in fine form.  He is showing good pace on the track and is calm at the gate. Odds on favourite for the win Evens

6. "Leaving Las Vegas" Owner: (No Owner). Despite having no owner the local gypsies have taken a shine to the horse and have done some jump and stamina training.  She is making good progress and has crept up the betting odds in recent days. A good one if you like a bit of a gamble 8/1

7. "Phillys' Philly" Owner (No Owner). With no trainer or owner this horse has not had the chance to demonstrate any form.  With a distinct lack of training and preparation it is the clear outsider this time around 10/1

Happy Gambling, 

See you all next friday for the race result - will be posted in the Chicago Business District

Report Post Tip

Falloutia walked back to the gambling office late one evening.  He was called over by a figure sat in the darkest corner of his office.  Behind Falloutia appeared two heavy set men. They meant business.

"Falloutia, I would like to invest in a horse, to be named 'White Lightning'"

With that one of the heavies handed Falloutia a briefcase with the cash investment inside.  The figure then got up and without showing his face made a beeline for the rear exit of the bookies.

"Do you have a name" asked Falloutia, looking confused at the events transpiring before him

"You can call me The Shadow Man" he replied.  This man clearly preferred to remain anonymous.

Announcement: Phillys' Philly will now be renamed White Lightning.  Betting odds now reduced from 8/1 to 7/1

Report Post Tip
Dmitry looks at the betting line up for the upcoming horse race.

“I have an announcement to make, ‘Dmitrys Horse’ has been purchased as a gift for my godfather Gremlin as a big congratulations on making the rank of Godfather.

Falloutia - please bill me for the training and up keep of this fine beast. Please also change the name of this horse to ‘SuperStar’

I now need to come up with a name for a horse I joint own with MikeTyson. Although Hobbs is a filthy arsonist, does have a ring to it!!

Kr
Dmitry
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Race Day

Welcome to the earlier than expected 7pm race.  The horses are ready and lined up at the stalls.  All horses are calm and ready, however Hobbs is a filthy arsonist does look a little spooked, as does Jerome, he may be affected by the recent retirement of his owner.  The doctors and race judges give the horses a once over. They give the thumbs up, and just like that the gun sounds, here we go!

Fastest out of the gates is Jarricks’ Jackpot who takes an early lead going into the first fence.  Closely followed by Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist, the newly named SuperStar and MikeTyson’s Million Dollar Mug.  White Lightning follows next and Leaving Las Vegas comes slowly out of the stalls.  Jerome has kicked off in the stalls and has just knocked one of the trackside judges out, looks like he is out of the race this time.

As they approach the first jump there is some clear shoulder to shoulder jostling for second place between Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist and Mike Tyson’s Million Dollar Mug, there is a sense of real rivalry there between the two of them.  Unfortunately Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist wins this one and moves into second place.  Jarricks’ Jackpot approaches the jump, gunshots are heard from the crowd and he throws his jockey off! The firm favourite is out of the race.  The rest of the horses make the jump with no change to the order of the remaining five horses.

As they take the first turn, SuperStar takes advantage and corners well, he has moved into third place and has overtaken Mike Tyson’s Million Dollar Mug. Leaving Las Vegas has pulled up before the bend, he doesn’t look good.  The doctors are approaching, I think foul play is afoot! The four remaining horses take the next jump well with Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist in first place, SuperStar in second and MikeTyson’s Million Dollar Mug and White Lightning in third and fourth place respectively.  As they take the final corner it’s a long sprint to the finish line.

Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist leads by four lengths but is looking like he is beginning to tire out.  The three remaining horses are making gains.  Out of nowhere Superstar finds another gear and begins to overtake on the outside.  White lightning and Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist are now fighting for third and fourth.  Heading up the pack is now a neck and neck race between MikeTyson’s Million Dollar Mug and SuperStar.  MikeTyson’s Million Dollar Mug is up to his usual tricks and is trying to bully SuperStar for the win.  SuperStar is having none of it and brushes him off.  They cross the finish line with SuperStar just winning by half a length!

Full Results (Max Possible Winnings)

1st – SuperStar ($300,000)

2nd – MikeTyson’s Million Dollar Mug ($75,000 EW)

3rd – Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist ($100,000 EW)

4th – White Lightning

DNF - Jerome, Jarricks’ Jackpot, Leaving Las Vegas

Congratulation to Dmitry who will take home the owners share of the prize pool - $600,000

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Updated Betting Odds. 26/6

1. "Jerome" Owner: None. Jerome now has no owner, with that his training has slipped and he is now refusing to leave the stables. He is becoming increasingly unstable.  Can anyone tame the wild beast and get it to follow the rules? 8/1

2. "Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist" Owner: MikeTysonPulled in by the vet for an examination.  Diagnosed with a possible cocaine overdose. Hobbs is suspected but it can’t be proven.  A bear was seen by the local drunk leaving the stables, but he is a drunk, who knows what he really saw 6/1

3. "MikeTysons' 21 Million Dollar Mug" Owner: @Hobbs. Good showing last time out, was unlucky not to win. Odds will remain the same this time. Joint favourite 2/1

4. "SuperStar" Owner: DmitryAfter a successful first week, SuperStar has jumped in the betting odds. Good trainer relationship and is now firm favourite for the next race. Evens

5. "Jarricks' Jackpot" Owner: JarrickA poor showing in the first week of races.  Has worked on his jumping at the fences this week and is showing some improvement.  Has slipped down the odds though 3/1

6. "White Lightning" Owner: The Shadow Man. With a new owner in place White Lightning is starting to live up to its name.  Working on its jumps at the fences and strength when facing down MikeTyson and Hobbs brutish horses.  Bookies recommendation for a bet this week 4/1

7. "Pony Soprano" Owner: The Shadow Man. New owner. Slight improvement to odds. Diagnosed with possible opiate poisoning.  Is currently going cold turkey.​​​​​​​ 7/1

--------Owners don't forget to pay your stable fees for the week------

--------After a successful first week betting limit will be raised to $100,000-----

See you for the race result Sunday 3rd July 7pm IGT

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Welcome to the 7pm Weekly Race – The StringerBelll Memorial Cup

Ladies and gentlemen, the streets are flooded with people lining up to place bets on the horses.  There has been some late interest in Jerome, and some good action on the favourite – SuperStar.  With the horses now entering the gates they all look composed and ready for action.  Will this week be a fair race or do the usual suspects have something up their sleeves?

With that being said the doctors and the race officials give the horses the once over. They are just to give the thumbs up, but, wait, what is happening? Pony Soprano is down, I think he is still feeling the effects of the opiate poisoning. He is visibly shaking, it looks like he was pushed into racing a little too soon. With that said the remaining six horses get the thumbs up from the doctors and the race official.  They clear the area, the clock counts down.  With a firing of the starting pistol, the gates swing open and we are off!

All six horses are out of the gate quickly with Jarricks’ Jackpot taking an early lead. As they approach the first fence Hobbs and MikeTyson are up to their usual dirty tricks.  Filthy Arsonist and The 21 Million Dollar Mug are barging into each other, this has slowed them down and allowed SuperStar, White Lightning and Jerome to make a quick jump over the first fence – Just behind Jarricks’ Jackpot. As the remaining two horses make it to the fence the jockeys are distracted. The 21 Million Dollar Mug catches the fence and throws his jockey into the air! He is out of the race! Filthy Arsonist lands hard but pushes on.  We are down to five.

Jarricks’ Jackpot is showing his true colours tonight and takes an early lead of two lengths. Followed closely by Jerome, White Lightning and SuperStar.  What looked to be a fair race is descending into chaos as Jerome’s jockey pulls out a police baton and begins to hit SuperStar’s jockey, knocking him back several lengths. He clips White Lightning and knocks him back also.  This gives Filthy Arsonist the opportunity to make some gains along the inside.  They all approach the second jump, it’s cleanly done by all.  The training is clearly paying off.

With a fence and the final straight left each horse looks to pick up the pace.  Filthy Arsonist is making some gains on Jarricks’ Jackpot with Jerome doing the same on the outside.  White Lightning and SuperStar are jostling for fourth at the minute.  White Lightning’s strength training seems to be paying off as he muscles past SuperStar who is beginning to look a little fatigued and falls behind by a couple of lengths.  All horses make a clean jump over the final fence and it is now a sprint finish for the win.

Jarrick’s Jackpot pushes forward with Filthy Arsonist in close second, followed by Jerome and White Lightning.  SuperStar is really struggling and falls way behind the pack, he’s not even in contention anymore. Jerome is picking up the pace and is neck and neck with Filthy Arsonist with both of them making gains on Jarricks’ Jackpot.  White Lightning falls into fourth place. It’s a three horse race to the finishing line and it is going to be close……… Jerome gets a nose in front…….. followed by Jarrick’s Jackpot…… Follwed by Filthy Arsonist……. As they blast past the finish line it’s not clear who finished where……. We have gone to a photo finish.  The photo may take time to develop but the photographer confirms that he did catch the end of the race.

We have confirmation of the placing coming in now:

Full Race Results (Possible Winnings)

1st – Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist ($700,000)

2nd – Jerome ($150,000 EW)

3rd – Jarricks’ Jackpot ($87,500 EW)

4th – White Lightning

5th – SuperStar

DNF – Pony Soprano, MikeTyson’s 21 Million Dollar Mug

Congratulations to the big winner of the week MikeTyson who takes home $700,000 in winnings plus $350,000 share of the prize pool as winning owner

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Iron Mike tilts his head & squints at the photo print.

"I thucking tell you what Dmitry I think we have got this one." Pipes Mike in an excited high pitched tone.

As the result is announced Mike jumps up & down. 

"We thucking did it, take that Hobbs and your stupid 21 million dollar mug! How goes your lottery scheme? Broke again I bet! A real gambler of refinement bets on the horses. The sport of kingth...Or is that boxing...Cancel the plans to have our jockey killed!"

Iron Mike hands Dmity his cut of the winnings.

Your accountant makes note that $175,000 has been wired to Dmitry from your account.

"Who would have known me pummeling the piss out of you could lead to such an exciting sports partnership Dmitry my friend? I am sure sports reporter FrenchieHorn will be along soon to interview us about our success. Do not mention the HGH or therioidth OK?"

Last week Void had found out about the horse racing bets from a similar to the one that that was put up this time. At the time he couldn't understand why so many people looked so happy or sullen after seeing the wins and losses they made. This time however, after partaking in the betting himself Void had finally understood last week's unbridled rage. Void shook his head.

"So there I was making a double-bet to-win on Jerome, thinking it was going to be as much of a winner as its namesake. Well apparently Jerome was but a #2 horse this time around, and not a #1. Needless to say I am utterly devestated, either the spirit of Jerome did not really get transported into the noble racer, or Mike's steed has gotten stimulants tossed into its feed." Void had heard rumors that this wouldn't be the first time something like that had happened in the kitchens of Mike's HQ, but he wouldn't dare to utter those thoughts out loud.

Seeing Mike excitedly jump up and down from the excitement Void could't help to voice his spite resulting from the envy of the big win.

"We'll see who will be the real Jerome at the end of next week's race MikeTyson. Mark my words."

Hobbs threw his betting slip in the trash where it belonged. In a way it was fitting his horse had faltered at the fence and bucking it's rider. Las Vegas was a well known fence hating organisation. 

"Fuck the fence sitters. And fuck the Jockey's who can't stay on a horse whilst jumping over fences!"

Hobbs was not a jovial man, and didn't acknowledge such. That Jockey would be murdered when this was all done with. The only other people he knew short enough to ride a horse though was his fierce rival MikeTyson, so he wasn't sure what he'd do about the next race, but that was a problem for next week.

Privately, Hobbs had also asked for a stewards enquiry into the race conduct of Hobbs is a filthy arsonist and the whole team. This wasn't the place for that though, so through gritted teeth he approached Falloutia.

"Impeccable race day again, sir. Really enjoyed it. Please, walk with me...."

Hobbs put his hand on Falloutia's shoulder and then spoke to him in a low tone

"...We really need to do something about Mike, right? He's trying to hog the lime light! Don't be surprised if after the Boxing is done he brings out his own rival Horse racing enterprise. It breaks my heart to see him take advantage of you like this..."

Hobbs had a solution though

"Remove that charlatan's registration. Ban him from the competition. I will involve the Black Beauty Bureau if you need additional support. Please, just let me know, and remember Hobbs is always a friend against Detroit."

Report Post Tip

Updated Betting Odds. 4/7

1. "Jerome" Owner: D0m3n1c. Jerome now has a new owner who has seen the potential of Jerome in his last outing. But can he tame the wild beast? Only time will tell, but a huge improvement in odds  3/1

2. "Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist" Owner: MikeTysonNow weened off the cocaine, however he is now running slow during training. Doctors have diagnosed the horse with a sprained ankle.  Will need to rest for the week. 8/1

3. "MikeTysons' 21 Million Dollar Mug" Owner: Hobbs. Hobbs has fired his jockey and blames the events of the last race on him. He has invested in a champion jockey and all signs point to (finally) having a good showing.  Favourite to win 2/1

4. "SuperStar" Owner: Dmitry. Suffering from heat exhaustion.  He has been pushed too far and needs to rest for the week. Slipped significantly in the odds this week. 10/1

5. "Jarricks' Jackpot" Owner: Jarrick.  Great showing in the last race.  Continues to push on in training and is looking fantastic in the home straight.  Trainer is working on his starting. Joint favourite 2/1

6. "White Lightning" Owner: The Shadow Man. Getting a reputation as a middle of the pack runner. Trainer needs to do something but has gone missing in the last week. Shadowy figures have been witnessed hanging around the stables at night.  7/1

7. "Pony Soprano" Owner: The Shadow Man. Now fully sober, his trainer has invested extensively in a high class training team. He is showing some improvement in his form, but it is too early to tell if he stands a chance at winning.  Improvement in odds, definitely worth a punt. 4/1

--------Owners don't forget to pay your stable fees for the week------

--------Betting limit will remain at $100,000-----

See you for the race result Sunday 10th July 7pm IGT

Report Post Tip

Hobbs had terrible news to share with the racing world. He'd just been in Chicago outside the Silver Dollar Stables when he'd seen a terrible fire break out in the stall housing Hobbs is a Filthy Arsonist. The chances of that fire being contained to such a small space must have been very low and it was no doubt a testament to the stable boys and Fire Brigade who were able to limit the damage.

Hobbs at this time had no idea if it was arson or poor maintenance that caused the drama, but he thought it was ironic either way that a horse flirting with fire and danger had been involved in fire and danger.

"My condolentheth Mike. I got there when I could, but it was simply too late... I tried my best..." 

Hobbs broke down in tears. It was so sad. Such a tragedy! 

"...anyway in other news my horse was looking GREAT and is surely worth a $100k bet?"

Hobbs rubbed his heads together in glee. This was going to be a great weekend after all.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Horse Racing/Gambling in Chicago
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL