Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 24 - 10:57:10
Page:  1 
Godfather twigs Started by: Daiquiri on Jun 20, '22 21:43

The day of ascending of Don twigs to Godfather has arrived. However, there was still much to do and plan. Most of the family was up early before the crack of dawn. It sure helped to wake up to the smell of food cooking from the kitchen, it was like magic. As they got to the lavish kitchen they found that it was Ψ¹Wish, he was in the kitchen cooking a big breakfast for the family, to start the day off good.  "Only the best Irish Sausage for us," he said with a chirpy sound to his voice, as another sausage spat at him from the pan, "Rude!he hissed back at them as if they would understand. "I'll get the coffee on" Ψ¹Atropos volunteered eagerly, as the others began to lay the table. They all sat at the table as Wish served out the food and Atropos poured out the coffees, for those in need. They all sat in silence as they began to eat and drink their morning cuppas. It wasn't long until they all began to feel more loaded up and began to talk freely amongst themselves. Excited for the night ahead.

Shortly after, Daiquiri walked into the kitchen "Saved you a plate!" Wish perked up as he saw her, "Coffee ready too!" piped up Atropos, "Thanks, guys" Daiquiri replied, as she sat down at the end of the table with her clipboard of jobs for the day.

Once the food was eaten, Daiquiri began to speak to the family. "Right, busy day for all of us. The reason I was late is that I was seeing Don twigs and his 200 guards out. He has a busy mission to accomplish today and we need to be ready for him if he calls on us. We also need to be on hand here at The Forest, as we get things ready for the celebrations" She paused for a moment as she took a further look at her clipboard, before continuing...

"Ψ¹Treebeard, I have taken you off the cooking the Bulgogi. I know you wanted to do twigs favourite food, but I am protecting you. You are likely to fall asleep waiting for it to cook and then it be too dry. We can't risk that. You know how angry the boss gets with that. So I have hired professionals to come and do the catering and yes, enough Bulgogi to go around! You can have 'sit at the phone' duty and order in the supply of drinks for the evening. I know you are well versed in this. Variety is the spice of life and at least 100 bottles of champagne included, please. Don't forget to hire the flutes too!" She paused as she watched him get up to move in the direction of the office to begin his task. He was rather relieved it didn't require much effort at all, he didn't even bother to go shower or get changed of his nightgown and cap. 

"Ψ¹Void, Your request has been granted. You are in charge of baked 'special' goods. Ensure there is plenty. Just ask Treebeard in the office if you need some funds. He will give you some" again she paused, as she watched him too get up from the table to go get himself ready for the day.

"Ψ¹DeadlikeDead, I have arranged for you to have some dancing lessons today. Ensure you try your best and drink plenty of water!" She continued as she went down the list on her clipboard. 

"Ψ¹Bianca, I trust you know what you are doing today?" Daiquiri asked her as Bianca began to grin mischievously and nodded "I do" she replied. "Bravo" Daiquiri responded to her as she then finished up talking to the remaining family members.

"As for the remainder of you, there are still decorations to go up. Fairy lights around the entrance to The Forest. Cleaning to do and," she paused as she stood up from the table and looked around the kitchen, "Will someone, please please please, do the dishes!she blurted out. Everyone went silent, unsure if she had just blown a fuse or not, "Sorry, so much to do. Didn't mean to yell then family! I will leave the clipboard here on the table. Please work through some tasks. I will go off to hire some musicians" she finished up saying as she went to go.

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $230,000 Tip

After being given his assignment by the lovely lady Dai Void gave a salute and shouted "Yes ma'am!" before scurrying off in search for baked delicacies, being an amateur baker himself he was happy to have gotten this assignment.

Void had some ideas as to what he wanted to be made for the occasion, of course the first and perhaps most important part was to source ingredients. The furtile grounds of The Forest had proven to be most accomodating for this.

Dressed in a beekeeper's outfit he had managed to harvest some honey after consulting with The Forest's bee caretaker, sugar or a substitute is an essential ingredient to many baked goods. Though the athletes were allowed to play ball in The Forest (until very recently after the infamous Hobbs had installed new rules) they had to make sure to play well away from the beehives as was agreed upon. Luckily no bees had been harmed in any sports-related incidents as of yet.

After Void had made visits to the carrot fields and the fruit gardens to gather more fresh produce to take with him in his wheelbarrow (he had initially tried getting carrots at Gnoch's renowned "Mint & Carrots" but they ran out after upcoming Godfather twigs ordered a whopping 1000 of them) he made his way to a local bakery whose owners he had good relations with.

A massive order had been placed, while the bakers were busy at work preparing the delicious goods Void had also personally gotten his feet wet (or rather, hands floury) to make Stroopwafels according to an old family recipe.

Back at the HQ (after being picked up with a truck by his Forest comrades to ferry home the goods) the many boxes were carried inside into the cooled storage room. In the aforementioned meeting room where Daiquiri was hard at work making arrangements for the festival a table was prepared with a sampling of the many delectable items. Among it was Carrot Cake (twigs was very fond of his carrots after all), rich Black Forest Cake, and several fruit pies, all of course made using local produce from The Forest. Oh, and a bowl of Stroopwafels.

"Miss Daiquiri I hope that with this no soul will unable to satisfy their sweet tooth during the festivities tomorrow. It took some effort to find the fruit after today's fruit-pelting appetiser but there was still be enough to make due. Of course the goods displayed here are but a sampling, the rest is safe in the cooled storage at the bottom floor."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Bianca decided to quickly get the dishes done before nearly waddling her way back to her house from a scrumptious breakfast! As she unlocks her front door, she hears her Grandfather clock. Counting the chimes she realizes how much time she actually has to warm up! "I need to practice a little more!!! I almost have this down. I can do this..." she nervously tells herself before beginning to prep the watermelon and feta into a big bowl..

"Come closer and see.. see into the darrrrk.." Bianca sings to herself while reaching in the cupboard for the lid for the bowl, covering it, then placing it next to her house keys and purse. 

Bianca bobs her head, as she takes a sip of her rum and pineapple, then makes her way to the bathroom to finish getting ready.. "Hmmm Hmmm Hmmm Hmmmmm.... and I start to ruuuunn" As she styles her hair and gets her eye liner nice and dark. She chuckles to herself while looking at herself in the mirror. Her attire alone was a classic addition to go with her special performance. After taking one more glance over the finished outfit, she finishes her drink and heads to the HQ.

While making her way through the front door of the HQ, she admires the fairy lights before seeing everyone busy, trying to get the final touches finished throughout the place. Smiling and waving to everyone as she makes her way to the kitchen and placing the bowl of deliciousness into the fridge until it got closer to time. Singing softly to herself," I hear her voice and I start to run.. " Bianca continues to sing as she makes herself another drink before going to where she had set up this morning before the breakfast gathering. "Callin my name.."

As she watched more of the family come in she realized it was close to time.. "Just one last important person.. I can do this.. Right? Right. I wonder if the Boss or anyone will even like it!?" she ponders to herself.. 

Bianca finishes off her drink as she watches the Boss come in.. "Let's do this!" Bianca clears her throat and says to herself before turning on the speaker and grabbing the guitar. Turning it down a little for the feed back she begins..  "Come closer and seeeeeeeee. Seee into the treeesss. Find the giiirrrlll while you can. I hear her voice and start to run. Into the trees. Into the trees.."

Suddenly a loud pop noise happens and her speaker sends sparks flying out while releasing a grey cloud of smoke.. Bianca jumps and looks at everyone in the room before chuckling nervously and quickly deciding to starting to finish the song out loud. While dancing manically about she finishes.. "Suddenly I stopBut I know it's too late I'm lost in a forest..." 

After she was finished, she looks down at the speaker "Welp, next time, I won't be so frugal and buy a new one instead of used. You just don't know how someone treats their things!" she chuckles nervously as she cleans up the the mess...

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Wish had spent the morning cooking up a fresh breakfast for the family.

Having made sure the team was fed and watered for their tasks, they sat back and took a moment to breathe in what they had achieved.

Their Don, leader and great friend was finally getting what he had been looking for, for so long. But also they were so proud of all of the Forest for everything contributed in their time together. Great leaders are made better by having a great team to lead and with this bunch Wish had seen the dedication, hard work, fun and comradeship that was rarely seen in the six cities. Wish was just happy to be a part of it.

"Abu, I think we need to start clearing this away. Everyone seems to be busy today and we have to be ready for twigs' big day."

They stood up to collect the dishes to see that Bianca had already scurried off to take care of them.

Wish sat back down and smiled to themselves, today was going to be a good day.

The day was busy as it was expected. Daiquiri has called everyone in the headquarters to help with the festivities for Don Twigs finally making that extra step and claiming the central chair of Las Vegas. Atropos always liked  celebrations but celebrations also meant chores. Everyone seemed busy and Atropos knew he had to make himself busy too. Or at least look like he was busy. Coffee seemed the easier of tasks so he volunteered eagerly to take care of that.

Shortly after they all sat around the table, Daiquiri came in with a clipboard in her hands. "This is it. These are the chores" Atropos thought to himself. Soon enough, she started handing out jobs and then took her clipboard and left. "I will do the dishes" Atropos thought but before even finishing his thought Bianca had already took care of them. Then it hit him. The plan was spotless. He would get up, go near the sink and pretend doing the dishes while everyone was busy!

As soon as he reached the sink a familiar scent overwhelmed his nose. He knew this smell. He was attracted to it in such a powerful way. Nothing else was in his mind and he let his instincts guide him. Without realizing it, he opened the fridge door only to find a big bowl of watermelon with feta. This was for sure meant to be given to the boss but he just couldn't resist. He looked around making sure noone was watching and as soon as he was sure everyone was busy with Daiquiri's chores, he opened the bowl and sneaked a couple of pieces in his mouth. Pure satisfaction was felt all through his body as the sweetness of the watermelon was combining with the creaminess and saltiness of the feta!

He looked around once more and still everyone was busy. He felt bad for pretending to work and decided to grab some lights and head outside to try and decorate in the fanciest way possible the entrance to their headquarters. It was an easier job that what he originally thought and the taste of watermelon was still keeping him happy. "This will be a great day" he thought as he was hanging the last of the lights around the door.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Everything was almost ready. The family were dressed to the nines and looking fantastic. People from all over had began to arrive for the party as champagne was beginning to be handed around. The family stood together as one, watching the doors, waiting patiently. Has Don twigs succeeded his mission? But, where was Cobb? Wasn't he meant to be on security? Noone knew, the music began, the atmosphere was electric.

Report Post Tip

twigs entered The Forest HQ after a long day. He had ventured outside along with his good friend @Giorgio-Esposito to challenge the godfathers of their respective districts. Fortunately, they had both come back victorious. As soon as he opened the door to the HQ, he was met with the beautiful smell of bulgogi. He could also hear beautiful singing in the background. His lovely crew had prepared a celebration party!

"Today, I have assumed the position of Godfather - Chairman in Las Vegas. I'm deeply grateful for trust put that my allies and fellow survivors of the most recent war have put in me, and who have allowed me to assume this esteemed position. I'd also like to thank every member of my family who have done an incredible job throwing this beautiful party and helping the crew grow.

I would like to take this opportunity to announce that The Forest will be expanding. @Cobb has been granted auth to set up as my captain in The Strip. It's a bittersweet moment, as his presence will be sorely missed around the HQ. However, he is fully deserving of this opportunity, and I know he will help maintain the growth of Las Vegas.

For now, let's celebrate this wonderful occasion. Everyone is invited, and that includes @Hobbs and @Gnoch. But don't party too hard - you'll have to attend @Climax' party soon!"

Report Post Tip

Congrats Godfather-Chairman  twigs. 

Congrats Cobb.

Report Post Tip

Coach tightened the knot on the cord of his finest dress-sweats and adjusted the normal-sized sunglasses (with neck strap) perched on his XL-sized head. His starch-white sneakers squeaked loudly with every step and a small fanny pack containing various things - a marker, play calls, napkins, hot sauce - shuffled as he walked. He didn't normally get this dressed up for anything but it was a special day; his war-time protege twigs had earned himself a big time promotion.

"twigs, what a glorious day, to think of how much you've overcome: the notorious purges of the last regime, a devastating war, Hobbs being authed into your city, only a certain kind of man could overcome these horrors, only an exceptionally coached man. I would like to congratulate you on behalf of all my brothers & sisters in Detroit, despite the Summerlin basketball ban, which doesn't just hurt us, but the entire world. If you ever need anything, you let us know, and if we have any energy left after our strenuous practice schedules, we'll think about it. Boat drinks."

He were in his most and perfectly mood after his boss took over thr GoFather position in his dearly home-city
Las Vegas.

Truly great time lay ahead of all and when meeting his boss he promisdd his loyalty with a small spdscj including a promisr all the way to the death. Would protect him and his uppers with his life if needed.

Life were good as a snowball in the winter. Or as a ice-cream during august.everything from now on will be fine for sure.
Report Post Tip

"Congratulations Godfather-Chairman twigs on your ascension to the new position, though I've been with you for a relatively small percentage of the time that you've been on these shores (me being a new arrival after the big war and all) I've been very happy to have been allowed to serve in The Forest alongside you and your merry band of trees."

"I'm sure that with the addition of the new Captain @Cobbs (that has a pretty good ring to it) the roots of The Forest will continue to grow even stronger. Long Live Las Vegas and The Strip!"

Void raised his cocktail glass to a toast before continuing to sip on it

"Now Treebeard I don't know what you've put in these but they are BLOODY DELICIOUS"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

As Bianca listens to everyone say their kind words, she joins in the toast with Void while raiseing her rum and pineapple. "Here, here!

She makes her way so proudly closer to her new Godfather and awaits her turn to say her part she had practiced. Not being a loud speaker, she wanted to get a little closer.  While waiting, she grabs herself a small plate of the scrumptious and refreshing watermelon and feta mix. "I mustn't forget to grab some more on my way out!" Bianca reminds herself as she finishes the plate and then makes her way to twigs and smiles big before saying.. 

"Boss, it is so great to have been able to work along side to this accomplishment. I know you're just a pathway away from us all having a treerific time! Thanks for giving Cobb and I this opportunity to make you, our delicious drink Daiquiri and the man with the most magnificent Treebeard out there, very proud!" 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Cobb had been given responsibility for the safety of this fabulous event. He was honored but understood the importance of this task and was motivated to ensure everything went as it should. Days had gone into the planning, and all the individual tasks and details were rehearsed by those involved over and over until everyone felt confident they knew what to do. In addition to the team he had set up, Saito was also present at the top of the nearest high-rise to overlook it all. 

As twigs arrived with his grand army of bodyguards, Cobb was already inside the crowd that had gathered outside the headquarters to have a final gaze at anything suspicious. 
The plan was to follow the new godfather and his soldiers after safely stepping into The Forest HQ. Everything went smooth as he was about to walk onto the main entrance stairs; he couldn't tell what had hit him in the ass. He wondered if it was a kamikaze bee with the ability to penetrate the Italian fabric he was wearing or some weirdo trying to pinch him in the ass just for the fuckery. Worst case, could it even be a cheeky fella attempting to shoot Cobb. All he knew was it hurt like hell; he quickly rushed to the bathroom, took some big sips of vodka from his hipflask, and got himself taped up so he could join the rest of the family for the celebration.  

When Cobb entered the main room where the rest was, he immediately took a few giant sips of vodka again in hopes to get something close to the same level the rest of the gang appeared to be at. He went over to the corner with a whiskey bottle in his left arm he found on his way up to the main room, taking sip after sip while enjoying the various speeches that had been given. In a rare moment of silence at the party, Cobb raised his voice gently to get everyone's attention. He went more centrally into the room and looked at godfather twigs.

“Congratulations on becoming the new GFC of The Strip and Las Vegas; this is well earned and deserved, my friend. I admire the hard work and dedication you have put down since I became part of your family. I would also like to congratulate lovely Daiquiri and the mighty Treebeard for everything they have contributed with since day one. The same goes for everyone who is a part of this family. Besides the great leadership, the everyday presence of the members of The Forest, the work ethic, and the togetherness have been an important reason for us to be standing here today and enjoy this moment. Cobb took a short break before continuing. 

"I'm honored and grateful to be given the opportunity to serve as captain under you. No doubt, it will genuinely be sad to leave the HQ, but if everything goes to plan, we will be setting up right across the street. I will do my best to make sure the whole organization grows and follows the great values already established. Together with Bianca, Saito, Death, Max, and the rest, I'm confident we will make you all proud. Salute everyone! He raises his whiskey bottle to everyone present."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Godfather twigs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL