Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 07:30:41
Page:  1 
Imperium at the Dance Hall Started by: Imperium on Jul 05, '22 23:02

Imperium left the dance floor after moving his bottom violently to the rhythm of the night. He sat on a bar stool to cool down and motioned to the bartender asking for a drink. 

Something fruity please. 

A couple of the nearby drinkers looked over at him.

I mean...Manly. Please. Something super manly and anti fruit. I hate fruit.

The bartender went back over to the other side of the bar to grab a bottle. The characters at the bar went back to their conversations and some refocused their energy to those on the dance floor. The bartender came back with a drink that was seemingly very masculine. It was called a Roy Rogers and was red like the color of blood. Imperium was certainly satisfied with this beverage only true bartenders could deliver. Seconds later, Imperium noticed this beautiful woman sit next to him on the bar stool. She looked in his direction and after scanning him up and down she leaned over. 

How big is it? 

Imperium coughed up some of the drink. This was bit of a bold question for a young flapper to ask. Imperium looked back at her. 

I mean, it was practically bulging out of your pants out on the dance floor. It was certainly hard not to look at. 

She smiled as she started drinking her drink that looked similar to a Roy Rogers, but Imperium knew she wouldn't have been drinking something so masculine. Imperium interrupted her. 

Ma'am, this is quite inappropriate. One should not address a man of honor in this manner. But if you know, I am maxed. 

The woman looked back at Imperium. She chuckled as she had not heard a response this way before. 

Maxed? I have never heard that kind of response before. What does that mean? 7,8,9...?

Imperium looked back at her. He smiled sipping some of his Roy Rogers. If she was asking such low numbers he felt it needed to impress her. Besides, she was gorgeous. 

Try, One...Hundred. 

The lady looked back at him. She was a bit taken back. What did he mean 100? She looked him up and down and stared.

Sir, that just is not possible. I am not entirely sure what you are trying to claim but I am not an idiot. 

Imperium noticed how she was so sure of herself and laughed. 

Senora, I recently been refused entry into "the range" if you know what i mean.

She stared. What in the world was the Range she pondered? Was it some sort of gentleman's club. She spoke up 

Sir, That is literally impossible. I have never met a guy who has bigger than...Well it does not matter. I just never met 

You must not know the kind of guys I know. Some of them carry CAP Killers if you know what i mean. They can take you out and just like that... boom in a flash you're out.

​​​​​​​The lady interrupted 

Out, like asleep?! 

Imperium continued.

In fact, they got it so big they can probably hit two at once if you know what i am saying. I have a friend, he let me play with his once. I couldn't believe how powerful that one was. I hope i can get mine up like his one day. Requires a lot more time and energy than I have unfortunately. 

The lady turned over in her seat and stared straight at Imperium. She immediately cocked her neck to the side and tried to figure out the words. 

You...Wait...You play with your friends...? 

Imperium didn't even let her finish her sentence. He blurted out his next few words bragging about the various experiences he has had with his friends guns. 

Oh all the time. I mean SirHawk and I regularly take turns using each others. I have this friend BBB who has a pretty little one but you know, who am I to judge. My friend Hobbs has a pretty big one that I pulled the trigger on once or twice before if you know what I mean. 

She was quite rattled. This was not the experience she was expecting. 

So you put your hands on your guy friends...things?

Imperium nodded and downed the rest of his Roy Rodgers. 

Oh all the time. I love the rush of holding their hard piece. Something so gratifying about wrapping my hands around their steel. 

The lady leaned back and got up from her seat. She stood straight up and walked away. Imperium scratched his head and wondered what went wrong. He was unsure what could have bothered her so much. The conversation was going pretty well, at least he thought. Jarrick leaned over to Imperium.

You know, she was not talking about your gun right? 

Imperium laughed and nodded. But he didnt know. He didnt know what she was talking about. He looked down at his Roy Rogers than at the bartender

Whoa, take it easy on the alcohol on these. I'm starting to feel it. 

Report Post Tips: 13 / Total: $530,000 Tip

As Swarles watched from the other end of the bar, he couldn't help but chuckle. Imperium striking out on a beautiful lady of the evening because of a simple misunderstanding didn't surprise him in the least. As she strode away, Swarles moved over to grab a seat next to his buddy.

"Imperium, what on earth did you say to make that chick bolt away? You could've had her in the palm of your hand. Truly made her swoon, at least for one night only," Swarles said with a wink.

He took a moment to pick up Imperium's drink and inspect the contents. 

"Do you mind?" he asked, not really waiting for a response before taking a sip.

The drink immediately sprayed out of his mouth, his face showing pure disgust.

"GRENADINE AND COLA? Imperium, this absolutely will not do. Let's get you a manly man's drink and get you over the hump, so you can get straight to humping - heyo! Barkeep! Two Old Fashions for myself and Mr. Fruity Drinker over here," he quipped while slapping down a fifty on the bar. "Bourbon will make you smoother with the ladies. Trust me. It's also got sugar and fruit in it. What more could you ask for?"

Swarles glances back across the bar at the vixen who got away. She was now intrigued that another suitor had arrived. 

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? Looks like you might be getting a second chance after all. Let's try something new. A play from my world-renowned Playbook! Are you in?"

Imperium nodded apprehensively. He wasn't quite sure if 'plays' were his thing. But the door had been opened just enough for Swarles to barrel on. 

"Alright, this one is called the 'Don't Drink That!' and it's for beginners like you. We already know who you're pursuing," Swarles casually gestures to the aforementioned target. "As soon as she's about to take her next sip, I want you to sprint over there as fast as you can and shout, 'Don't drink that! I just saw some guy put something in there!'"

"She will definitely not want to take another sip after that. If she asks who did it, just pick out the scrawniest looking dude in the bar or maybe even Jarrick if he's not paying attention. Though that might be both in this instance," Swarles chirps as he ducks an incoming glass hurled by his boss. 

"And last but not least, let her reward you for your bravery and show her what you're really packing down below. And I don't mean your pistol, buddy. Ah! Perfect timing," he says as the drinks arrive. 

Swarles picks up the glass to toast Imperium.

"Now get the hell outta here before I scoop her myself!"

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Imperium looked up at the woman who was about to take a drink from the glass. He rushed over without a second to lose and tackled her to the ground. The glass flew out of her hands and crashed in a dozen pieces on the ground. Imperium stood over the woman who was literally screaming in agony.

There were drugs in the drink. So I stepped in before you could drink them. 

The woman who was still laying on the ground was holding her elbow. The security guard rushed over and addressed Imperium.

Sir, did you say there were drugs in the drink? 

Imperium nodded.

Oh yeah. Lots of them. The kind that make you are delirious and your teeth fall out. Horrible things really. 

The Security guard looked over at the bartender and looked back at imperium. 

Sir, how do you know there were DRUGS in this woman's drink? 

Imperium smiled. What an idiot, he couldn't keep up. 

Well my friend over there Swarles is his name, told me about these drugs. He told me that her drink was full of them so I should go and stop her from taking a drink otherwise she could be in great peril. 

The security guard looked over at Swarles who was chatting it up with Jarrick

I am not following. How did your friend know there were drugs in her drink? 

Imperium scratched his head. He looked over at his pal and shrugged his shoulders

You know, not that you ask, I am not too sure. He probably has some on him. He is actually quite the dealer if you know what I mean. He carries loads of them. In fact, I guarantee you his car is packed with the stuff. 

The Security guards eyes widen. He puts his finger up and walks toward the phone. 

Sir, I just have to make a quick phone call and I will be right back. Bartender, see that this lady is helped too her feet and taken care of. 

The security guard rushed over and dialed the police. Of course, Imperium did not know what his plan was. Imperium then bent over at the woman who was still in a bit of pain and he politely whispered

I saved you. Those drugs could have ended you. But I came in the nick of time and took you out. 

Moments later the Security guard came over asked for him to introduce him to Swarles. Imperium nodded then waltzed over to Swarles and Jarrick.

Hey guys, this is Security Guard. I think he wants to join the family. So yeah. Mr. Security Guard, basically we kill people and sell drugs. 

The guard looked at Imperium then back at Swarles.

I do not desire any such thing. In fact, I want you all to know I have notified the police of this situation and they are coming immediately. Justice will be served! This is a respectful bar and there will be no drug usage here. 

Suddenly, the windows from the bar started flashing red then blue. The sirens from the police were right outside. Imperium smiled as he that with the Guard notifying the police about the amount of drugs they had there were likely to be a number of new customers lining up at the door. 

Sounds like we have more buyers if you guys know what I mean...I will go show them where they can get their hands on some of that coca if you know what I mean. 

Report Post Tip

Swarles' eyes went wide as Imperium tackled the lady of the evening. He shook his head in disgust and pretended not to know him, re-engaging his conversation with Jarrick. A deck of playing cards had magically appeared, and he was trying to teach him a game. Well-versed in gambling, cards, and magic, Swarles loved this sort of thing and was trying to educate his boss. Hopefully better than he had done with Imperium, given the looks of it.

"Look, it's about reading the other players at the table and figuring out how much you're willing to stomach losing or winning. You get one card face down, then slap the other card on your forehead facing out. You can see at least one card from everyone else at the table, but only you know what's sitting in front of you."

Swarles takes a sip of the Old Fashioned before looking up at a giddy-looking Imperium. He curiously peeked over his shoulder at the stern-faced security guard standing there. Confusion set in on Swarles' face.

"Hey guys, this is Security Guard. I think he wants to join the family. So yeah. Mr. Security Guard, basically we kill people and sell drugs," Imperium stated matter-of-factly. 

With the telltale signs of the police arriving outside, Swarles slapped the security guard before turning to Imperium. 

"Get behind the bar! We need a plan!" Swarles shouted at him. 

The security guard, momentarily stunned by the slap, was tackled by a bodyguard as they rushed behind the bar. The bartender appeared frightened by this turn of events and backed into a corner. Swarles reached into his breast pocket while the bartender cowered further. He pulled out an envelope of cash and chucked it at her. 

"Take that and leave us in peace! Get out of here before you get hurt. Now what, Imperium?!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"Another evening of dumb and dumber ruining a fine glass of bourbon on ice." he thought out loud as he picked his jaw off the floor after his RHM exposed critical operations to an outsider. The lack of care struck a nerve with him, but for today he would blame it on the stimulants the chemists he had recently hired were working on that may, or may not, have included Imperium in the clinical trials. Taking a notepad from his jacket pocket he quickly noted down potential tweaks to the formula.

"
A little less lysergic acid diethylamide next time." he muttered before downing the last of his drink as the sirens grew louder.

Quickly scanning for a rear entrance, Jarrick tapped two fingers against his left temple signaling to the undercover Crows stationed around the bar. One by one, they slowly stood up and made their way to Jarrick forming a small entourage around him.

"Smith, Campbell, and Lowson are running interreference. The rest of you, on me. Egress south-bound through the long hall. Move!" he snapped to his men.

"Sorry gentlemen, it looks like it is time for my exit." he said in the general direction of Swarles and Imperium before signaling for his team of Crows to start their maneuver towards the rear of the building.

Jarrick moved toward the exit keeping his head down and his right hand cautiously close to the compact Browning Hi-Power concealed in an appendix carry.

Imperium watched as Jarrick left with several bodyguards. The bar was in complete pandemonium. The police sirens grew louder as more cops were flooding around the building. Imperium looked at Swarles and then looked around. People were running out through the front door and some were crouched down hiding from what they perceived to be a dangerous couple of guys. 

Swarles look...

Imperium pointed towards the kitchen. The door where the chefs were certainly had a back door exit but more importantly had a fire hatch for them to utilize. Imperium bolted through the kitchen doors and looked for the ladder, noticing one in the corner of the kitchen he quickly began to scale it. 

We have to hurry, I think the back door is where the cops are going to come in from. 

As he opened the lock and pushed open the door he hopped over and reach his hand out helping Swarles up. As soon as Swarles hopped up they closed the door. They searched the rooftop for something to put on top of the hatch in making it more difficult to move. 

Those bricks over there. Come on lets put them on the hatch. 

Sprinting over to the edge they grabbed several bricks and laid them over the escape hatch. As they were doing so they noticed that the entire building was surrounded by the police. 

Man, this sure is a lot of police for what happened in the bar. There must be something else or rather someone else they are trying to grab. This doesnt really make sense. 

Then it dawned on him. A couple weeks back Imperiums corrupt agent that he was working with was taken into custody. The man had likely spilled the beans on Imperium and his whole dealings within the mafia specifically, the Hidden Ones. Two days ago, the Corrupt Agent turned up dead. The murder looked to be set up from the MOB but it wasnt Imperium or anyone he knew so he began to question if they were trying to pin that on him. 

They bolted towards the other rooftop and then towards another. As they continued pushing through from rooftop to rooftop they came across a door that likely led to a stairway. Swarles began to aggressively kick it down. As the door broke open they peaked in. Nothing. Then, they rushed down the staircase in hopes of getting to the street. 

Report Post Tip

"Imperium, I said the goal was to pick up chicks tonight. CHICKS. Not bricks. Gosh, it's like you don't even listen to this golden advice," Swarles mutters while stacking bricks on the hatch. "If this suit rips, you're paying for the damages. I bought it over at D0m3n1c's Import Business a while back. Had it custom-made and everything! He would not be pleased to know what we're putting it through." 

Following a few surprisingly athletic leaps across the rooftops and breaking into the neighboring building, it seemed that Imperium and Swarles were putting some distance between themselves and the law. Sprinting down the staircase towards the ground floor, they were met with another door. Their combined downward force powered them through and into a burglar's dream. It was the neighborhood jewelry store. 

"Well, that's going to be another felony on the rap sheet if we're caught here. Might as well make it worthwhile," Swarles chuckled as he began taking down some of the displayed jewelry.  

Imperium was in no mood for his antics, as he was trying to catch a glimpse of the police outside. The red and blue lights were shining through the front glass windows. Thankfully, a locked gate separated them from the street, depending on who you asked. 

"We definitely don't want to go that way if that's what you're thinking. Come on, there's gotta be a way through the back office. Aren't you going to stuff your pockets at least?" Swarles asked as he determined how much would fit into his pockets. 

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Imperium at the Dance Hall
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL