Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 19:16:18
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 4 [ > - >>> ]
Boozy Barney's Started by: Swarles on Jul 12, '22 20:39

"You've always been able to handle yourself.. I mean, sure you got that scar.. but the other guy..."

Pietro chuckled, and was met with the same from his sister. It was something that neither of them probably liked to think about, especially Pietro, because it was the one time back home he was not there to be able to protect his sister.. the one fucking time and look what happened. Santina was one of the more beautiful girls back home, it was one of the reasons he always was so protective of her as all the fucking guys in town ALWAYS would hoot and holler at her, and with his father gone, it was like they took advantage of the weak or something, always trying shit but he was always there.. except that one time...

Letting off a sigh, he turned back to the bar and stared blanky as he tried to think.. there really was not many options here and perhaps the little disrespectful prick would get away with slighting him.. drawing police attention too was the last thing they needed right now..

"Hey bud I'm going to be closing out the rest of your tab, you still owe me for one more drink, It's time for me to take off..."

Looking up with the widest smile he could have, he nodded and quickly pulled the cash from his pocket and gave it to the man, still grinning as he did so..

"Keep the change."

The man didn't even reply or say thank you, just snatched the money from Pietro and walked away. Again, causing him to get even more annoyed with the man.. like what the fuck was his problem? Did he not like immigrants or something? Fucking asshole.. it wasn't the first time Pietro had run into this kind of person, as it really wasn't his first trip to America or dealing with being in another country, it came with the territory of being a drug smuggler, visiting the world... but this fucking guy was something else. Leaning towards his sister now he whispered again so nobody around them could hear...

"Guess we are in luck, guy must be going home from working the early shift.. the one fucking place in town I guess that is open twenty four hours or something.. Let's go out back and wait for the guy to leave."

His eyes shifted towards the front door and back, like it was her que to get up and go..

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Quadir came to Boozy Barney's to meet an old friend Tony Teresi he was dating a waitress named Kate Egan a tall redhead.  Quadir looked at Tony and asked him whats with him and redheads.  Tony laughed and told him he has no clue but he loved them.  He wanted to take her to New York with him.  Her family was from Chicago.  Quadir could only shake his head and told him more power to him.  

The two talked business but Teresi was hasitant but doing business the new york families like doing business with the old country and they had a french connection but if shit falls off they might do a few deals with him.  Quadir nodded and told him that he had a dealer that would move his product but didn't want Teresi people coming at him like they did Bumpy.  No percentage pay outs just to run his own business.   Teresi shook his head and said everyone kick up to someone.  

Quad slide him a hundred dollar bill across the table with one finger still on it and said the buck stops here.  Quad them smiled and finished his drink and Teresi laughed and said he will do what he can to keep thing friendly and peaceful.  The two sat and talked for another hour about bull shit until Kate finished her shift.  Quad nodded to Tony Teresi telling him to go handle his business.  Quad walked out ten minutes later heading to his apartment.  

Report Post Tip

She really didn't understand his reference but that could have partly been that she wasn't fully paying attention. Her mind had drifted off into another place, another time. A time many, many years ago... the day that she had gotten that scar on her face. How it all led up to it, was still a bit blurry to her. Almost as if it was a dream but in fact it was not, it was her reality. She remembered hanging out with a bunch of people, was the usual get together on the docks in Palermo.

It was often a place where the younger generations would go to get away, have a little bit of fun without the hoovering of their parents and the law. It was an area controlled by the local factions, so it was an area that the law never interfered with. Was the perfect place let loose... Was also a place that she wasn't allowed to go by herself, was a place that her brother always needed to be there. In reality it was just him being overprotective but to her at the time was him just being way too involved in her personal affairs.

Thankfully for her, that day he was within an earshot to her. If he wasn't, perhaps she wouldn't be here today... At least this is what she remembers or has been told. How it got to the moments that it did, she couldn't recall. Heavy drinking combined with illicit substances will do that to someone. Though there were small bit and pieces that she could remember. The pain radiating from the side of her face, the copious amounts of blood and her brother standing over the guy. Himself covered in blood.

As much as she tried to piece that night together, she was never able to get the full story. Here for the longest time, she had always thought it was her brother that intervened but his comment just a moment ago would suggest otherwise.

"You've always been able to handle yourself.. I mean, sure you got that scar.. but the other guy..." Playing back in her head, the words that he just reverberated. Especially the second half of what he had said. "I mean, sure you got that scar.. but the other guy..." What did he actually mean by that? She was about to question it, it was on the tip of her tongue but once her gaze shifted onto her brother things were put on pause.

His eyes spoke to her, she knew what he was getting at and there was a bit of annoyance in them. As if he had suggested moments ago for her to get up. Without saying a word, just giving him a subtle nod, Tina rose from her seat. Grasping her bag and her other bag, since they had yet to go to there hotel for the evening. She took a step back, giving her brother the room he needed to get up and grab his things and take the lead as he had done since they were younger.

This moment was a bit different though, as he stood up he raised his hand up from his side just a bit above his waist and flicked his wrist towards the door. Motioning for her to go ahead in front of him. Was something that she wasn't half expecting... he must have had some sort of plan that she didn't know of. With a slight hesitation, Tina made her way towards the door. Fighting with her bags as she exited the place, without a single stitch of help from him.

Once outside, Tina turned about to find out what his plan was but to her shock he was not behind her. "Pietro?" She questioned, even though she knew he wasn't going to answer. The urge to turn back and head back in was on the foremost part of her mind... but there must have been a reason he sent her out first. It was probably best for her just to wait out here in cold... just hopefully he wouldn't be too long.

Report Post Tip

Watching as his sister exited the pub, Pietro let the door slowly close behind her before she stopped just a few feet away from the front, she didn't turn to look for him, just stood there patiently from the few moments his eyes were on her, she knew what was up anyways.. Grinning, he released the suitcase handle from his hand and left it next to the front door, close enough that he could open it and retrieve it later on without much hassle. Luckily, as they were leaving, a few of the other patrons were also headed out of the bar, drunk and slurring their words, they paid no mind to him as he casually snuck into the back through a door that was down the same hallway as the bathroom.

Closing the door slowly behind him with the knob turned, it clicked ever so loudly as it found the slot, causing Pietro himself to jump a bit as he was not expecting it to be so loud.. He could hear footsteps off a bit in the distance, but not as if they were coming towards him. Moving slowly now, he continued down the hallway into a bigger room which looked like an employee break room of the sorts, with some storage racks and a few grey lockers for their belongings.

"Alright John see you later"

The voice of the bartender was pretty loud as he spoke signaling to Pietro that he was just around the corneras he was still clocking out and getting read to leave, unsuspecting of the danger looming for him in the back room. The doors that acted as a barrier between the two rooms began to open, prompting Pietro to hide behind some stacked boxes in the corner, perfectly out of visibility as he watched the man walk over to his locker to gather his things. Clenching his fist tight, he waited patiently as he stalked the man from the shadow of the corner, he had all but forgotten about his sister out front and anything else going on, when he was preparing for violence, his mind went to the darkest of places..

The steel slammed as the man shut his locker and placed his padlock back onto it, his eyes peering around the room as if he knew he wasn't alone.. ignoring his gut feeling, the man turned and scuffed up his coat as he walked towards the back door, giving Pietro the chance to escape from behind the boxes as quietly as he could and walk behind the man. Their footsteps were in sync with one another which benefited him greatly, the man had no idea someone was walking right behind him until Pietro's broad narrow shoulder bumped into something, causing some steel poles to fall to the floor with a clinking sound..

Quickly turning around, the bartender was met face to face with Pietro which caused him to jump backwards a bit..

"What the fuck are you doing back here?? You aren't allowed back here!" the man said just as quick as he turned around..

"Seems I got lost-"

Before he could finish saying the word lost, Pietro's fist quickly came in a hurry and connected with the guys right cheekbone, causing him to fall to the floor from the heavy unsuspecting blow.. Another one came as he was on the floor, this time connecting with his eye and temple.. the man shrieked a bit as he tried to flee now towards the back door on the floor..

"Come one where are you going, the fun just started..."

"Get away from me!"

He grabbed the man by his left leg and yanked him back, the commotion was surely going to draw some attention from the other worker in the front room, but much to his surprise, nobody had come to help the man yet as he flipped the man over and punched him once again in the face, causing a bit of his skin to break on his temple now from the third blow, but the man was able to kick his way free, sending Pietro flying back onto his ass and the floor, his back taking most of the fall which sent a sharp pain down his spine...

It was enough time for the man to get himself off the floor and scurry for the back door and open it, causing the sun to shine through into the darkness, and alerting Pietro that the man was getting away. Grunting as he pushed himself off the floor and onto his feet, he pulled the pistol from his waist and pulled it up into the air to aim at the man's back..

"Stop! Or I'll fucking blow a hole in your fucking back you piece of shit!" he exclaimed at the man

"Why are you doing this, who are you? What do you want??"

There was a short pause after the man had replied, his eyes and head turned and fixated on the gun in Pietro's hand with some blood running off the side of the man's temple.. Pietro grinned before pointing the man to come back into the room and shut the door, to which he reluctantly complied.. the light shut out as the door fit into place behind the man now with his hands held up in the air facing him..

"Your a piece of shit like I said, that's why I'm doing this. You got no fucking respect, no fucking manners.. don't you know who I am??"

"Sir I'm just a bartender I don't know who you are please I got a family..."

"A fucking disrespectful bartender is what you are, talking to me the way you did.. fuck you asshole! I dealt with many like you back home in my country and I'll be dammed if I have to sit here and take shit from the likes of you!" he waved the gun around angrily as he spoke

"Please, I'm sorry... I'll give you anything you want just tell me!"

Pietro paused now but still had his eyes fixated on the man who was trembling in place.. just what he liked to see, fear. Smirking with a grin, he was more pleased that the man was going to be so easy to give up information, which is the exact thing he wanted..

"Good, because I need to know who the man with the black fedora was, you know.. the man sitting in the corner all morning.."

"What man with a black fedora, I don't know what you're talking about..."

Taking a step closer to the man, he quickly swung his hand and gun against the side of the man's head, causing his wound to burst open even more, the sight of blood thrilling Pietro now as he glanced down to his suit and noticed the small amount of spatter on his shirt and hand.. the man fell to the floor and whaled out in pain as he grasped his head where he was just struck..

"I'm not going to ask you again.. who the fuck was that man with the black fedora I know you know what I'm talking about..."

Pulling the pin back on his .38 revolver, the chamber cocked into place and was ready to be fired, the man hearing it, looked up and saw the barrel in his face, his eyes shifting up to Pietro's now..

"Okay, okay, okay.... I'll tell you what you want just please don't kill me...."

"Well, get on with it then..."

There was a slight pause before the man continued speaking, giving out every last detail about the man, who he worked for and what he could have possibly been doing there that day.. the thing was, when he spoke the man's name.. it didn't register, it was definitely not someone from back home, but from the way this man described him, he was surely in the underworld, and possibly even knew about La Cosa Nostra... Satisfied with what he had heard, he nodded and lowered his gun a bit before asking the man one more question..

"What do you say his name was?"

"Everyone calls him Zoom around here.. that's all I know I swear. Please let me go I won't say a word to anyone.."

"Good, cause I know you won't be."

Raising the gun again, this time he pulled the trigger and watched he man's eyes go blank as the blood spattered against the wall with bits of brain matter.. the door to the front opened now and the man who had taken his placed screamed at the sight and went flying out the front of the bar along with other patrons who were all screaming and running in terror. Pietro couldn't help but chuckle, he always enjoyed watching people flee from him in fear.. it was a common thing in Palermo, as he probably brutally executed many in the streets, it was just the way of life there..

Sticking his gun into his waistband now, he gripped the suitcase handle he had left at the front door and pushed it open and was greeted by his sister who had quite the concerned look on her face.

"What the fuck happened in there?"

"I'll tell you later. Come on we should probably get going to the hotel now, you lead the way..."

Report Post Tip

Starting to zone out a bit, Santina continued to wait just outside the bar. She knew it was cold out, exhaling and seeing a cloud of white exit her mouth kind of confirmed that... or she could have had a cigarette in her mouth, one that she had completely forgotten about and puffed on without realizing. She was definitely feeling good after a few drinks, coupled with the lack of sleep it could have been possible. Giving her lips a subtle lick with her tongue just to make sure it was the cold and not the fictitious cigarette, that she really knew wasn't there. Almost instantaneously after confirming the lack of a cigarette, a chill went through her body. 

Was almost as if her mind registered at that moment it was legit cold outside. Her fingertips began to tingle ever so slightly, she suddenly began to feel her toes through her shoes and the tip of her nose went cold. Cupping her hands together, Tina rose them to her mouth, blowing out a hot breath into them in hopes to warm them up just a bit. It was a step that she repeated a few times, before sticking each of them in her pockets. Making sure to keep them as close to her body as possible, cause right now it was all about the heat... as much of it as she could get.

There was a moment she thought about going back inside just to get out of the elements but her better judgement, even in her tipsy state told her to just stay put. A request to herself that she actually listened too, as she knew it was something that her brother would want her to do.

The boredom though... now that was something that was hitting hard. Sure it had probably only been a matter of five minute but with the state that she was in at the moment, it felt like at least an hour had passed. It was bad... She let out a large yawn, another large puff of white cloud exited her mouth. "Alright, I need to sit down." She spoke to herself inside her head.

Taking a quick peek around, checking out her surroundings. Tina's eyes locked onto a metal bench just a few feet away from her. It wasn't ideal, it was going to be rather cold but at least it would have been somewhere to get off her feet. Grasping her bags, which now felt like they weighed a ton. She basically dragged them over to the bench, placing it next to it before taking a seat.

A rush of cold pushed through her clothing, an expected but still not welcomed feeling. She picked her feet up off of the ground and raised her legs onto the bench. Tucking them into her, balling herself up as best she could. Another tactic to keep as warm as possible. It worked for a moment... a brief moment that she was comfortable. A moment that she decided to close her eyes... a very brief moment.

Was just a mere second after they were closed that she heard it... a single pop. It was a sound that was rather distinct, one that she knew all too well. A gunshot... Her eyes sprung opened and quickly jetted onto the bar door, though she didn't move a muscle from her position on the bench. A position that she even kept as the remaining patrons in the bar came running out in a panic.

Was she worried? Nah... Was she tired and ready to go? Yes... With a bit of a huff, Tina gave her legs quite the stretch, taking a moments before standing up. It was pretty perfect timing on her part as once she stood up, her brother exited the bar. A big grin on his face. Within two steps he was situated right in front of her.

"What the fuck happened in there?" She asked, kind of already knowing that he wasn't going to answer her right now.

Giving her a smile before looking over his shoulder quickly then back at her.

"I'll tell you later. Come on we should probably get going to the hotel now, you lead the way..."

With nothing more than a shrug, Tina grabbed her bag and began walking. She wasn't really sure if this was the right direction but it was a direction away from the bar that would probably soon be swarmed with police.

Report Post Tip

Having found herself in Detroit and a bit on the famished side, Ksenia made her way to one of the first food establishments she ran across. Sadly though by the time she found one, her hunger had dissipated... The thought of eating just wasn't as appealing as it just was a few moments ago but she was still a bit thirsty. Kind of felt like over the past few weeks... months... well maybe it had been over a year now. That she just couldn't get enough vodka in her system. It was definitely a problem, some may have called her an alcoholic but looking from the outside in you would have never known. 

Her love of vodka quite possibly stemmed from her heritage. Coming from a Russian household, both parents born and raised in the US but her grandparents on both sides true blood from the mother country. Was and still is a family that she was very connected to, one she learned from... all the good and the bad that came with it. She learned how to drink at a young age, learned how to speak the language and most importantly how to handle herself. Not that it wasn't a loving family but it was definitely a tough kind of love. 

She had quite fond memories growing up and truth be told, the line of work she wound up in... made most all of her family rather proud. Unlike most other families of people working in this line... most all have been shunned, forgotten about. Truly a shame, though that wasn't her problem.

"Get out of the way, sweetheart..." A voice spoke as she was reminiscing about her family... almost instantly squashing all good thoughts. Yes she was standing in the middle of the sidewalk but it was a rather large walkway and she didn't take up a lot of room on it. 

Whipping her about, just damn near giving herself whiplash. She caught glimpse of a business man, dressed soup to nuts in a suit. Clean shaven and all of that stuff. Seemed like the kind of guy who even manicured his nails, he was that type of guy... basically the complete opposite of what got her going. He was walking away, though had his neck turned to the left, so he could keep an eye on her as he passed. 

"Fuck off, pretty boy." Her words caught him off guard, causing him to pause. He turned slightly to the left in order to catch a better look at her. She could see he wanted to say something, there was something on the tip of his tongue that was just waiting to exit. "What? You ain't gonna do shit, so keep walking your pretty ass on."

"Whatever lady..." He shook his head, turned back about and continued on his way.

Typical response obviously, she expected nothing less. Most of the men in this country couldn't handle her personality, most of them just didn't know how to. They were all used to the pretty little princesses, the ones that kissed ass... The ones that thrived on being called sweetheart. Not her... not her in the slightest. Generally she was always rather quick to tell someone how to get off and quickly.

Not even batting another eye, Ksenia finally walked into The Boozy Barney. She didn't know what to expect when walking in, as long as it had a nice bottle of vodka, that's all that truly mattered.

The place itself was rather baron, kind of dirty and had a bit of a funky smell to it. Almost smelled like a combination of depression and whiskey. Wasn't exceptional but it was something she could work with, that is as long as they had a bottle of vodka in this place. Cause if they didn't, this place was rather doomed... a place that she would never step foot in again. 

Needless to say, Ksenia didn't have an issue finding an open seat. A seat that she made sure to brush off with her hand before sitting. Removing the bit of dust that sat upon it, just making sure it wasn't dust that was going to be transferred onto her when she left.

Quickly she was met by the barkeeper, a big ole smile on his face. "Hi... So nice of you to stop in, can I get you something to drink?"

"Vodka? Do you have?"

The man looked over his shoulder, taking inventory of what he had out. His eyes locking onto one specific bottle. "Yes... yes we do." He spoke while turning back towards her.

"Good, I will have vodka."

"How would you like it?"

"Preferably in a glass... but if no glass I will just drink from bottle." 

The barkeep chuckled to her comment, it must have been some sort of inside joke because she didn't completely understand why he was laughing like he was.

"How do you want it? On the rocks? Neat?"

"Oh..." Now she understood what he was asking. "Just plain, in a glass. A clean glass.... no ice, watered down vodka is no good vodka."

"Fair enough!" He spoke before turning about to grab the bottle off the shelf. Placing it on the bar in front of her and then grabbing a glass from underneath the counter. He gave it a once over, shaking his head and bringing it over to the sink. Giving it a quick rinse and a quick dry and placed it in front of her.

She watched as he popped the top off and poured her about a shot worth. Which clearly wasn't enough for her as she motioned for him to keep on pouring. His eyes watching hers and he tilted the bottle, pouring more of the vodka into her glass, until she waved him off. The clear liquid just under the rim of the short glass.

"Perfect! You can leave the bottle." She reached into her pocket, pulling out a wad of cash. Pulled out a few bills and tossed it next to the bottle. It was clearly enough, probably a bit too much but it was all good. Money wasn't an issue and the service was well worth it. Now it was just a matter if she was going to sit here and drink alone or if someone... anyone was going to come and join her. A little bit of company would be rather nice but not important...

Report Post Tip

The night was quickly approaching as Vinh headed back towards his office, he had been out and about for the first time in probably a good month or so, not that he had been counting the days but, it had definitely been that long if not longer since he really got away from work.. it was the one thing after all that kept his mind off what he felt like was his impending doom, but staying out of the spotlight certainly helped..

Crossing the street now from Chalmers Park, he took in his surroundings even with his bodyguards on alert, that doom thing you know.. lingering.. his every move he had to be overly cautious, but that's when his eyes spotted the bar up ahead on the corner.. would he go in? I mean.. he sure could use a drink..

"Let's stop and get a drink, what do you say?"

HIs bodyguard Tri gave him a faint nod before falling behind a little to follow his boss. He was the most loyal out of his entourage, as Tri was probably the only other Vietnamese person he knew in the states, not many really were into the life of crime..

Pusing the front door of the bar open, the noise quickly hit you in the face, there was just nothing quite like a bunch of rowdy drunk people and it almost made him change his mind about coming inside altogetherr.. but he really needed a drink. His eyes drifted over the bar and he quickly spotted an open stool toward the end and walked up to it, his eyes finding the bartender to get his attention..

Tri quickly tapped him on the shoulder and sort of stepped in between the lady next to them, almost bumping into her as he entered her space..

"You sure this is a good idea boss?"

"Yes, now go wait outside I'll be fine.. I got my piece with me.."

Speaking in their native tongue, it was the surest way for them to communicate with one another as Vinh still wasn't the best English speaker.. as Tri went to step outside, the woman sitting at the bar came into his view, here eyes glaring at him..

"Sorry, my friend.. no manners.. just here to have drink hope you don't mind?"

He smiled and gave her a faint nod, the only problem was he was still waiting for a drink.. his eyes glanced over to the bottle Infront of her and he smiled a bit further, this woman seems like she knew how to party.. 

Report Post Tip

"Your friend, he has death wish..da?" She said with a rather straight face, pausing for a brief moment right after speaking. One thing she doesn't take very kindly to is rude people. Which was kind of funny, cause her herself tended to be rather rude. Well perhaps more blunt than anything else but a lot of people would classify it as her being rude. "He should look and not assume he is the only thing in the room..."

Rolling her eyes and giving her head a bit of a shake, Ksenia proceeded to reach for her drink. Pulling it up off the bar, rolling the glass a bit in her hand in order to cause the liquid inside to swirl about. For a moment she got lost in the swirling contents, almost forgetting her surroundings. The lack of sleep and the excessive amounts of liquor were finally starting to take a toll on her. It was almost time for another bump of cocaine, jolt the system a bit.

"Yeah... he dumb, again sorry... for him sorry." The man spoke up. His tone rather mellow, but the words with a bit of an exotic tang to it. She could clearly tell he wasn't from here originally, either that or he grew up in a household that spoke little English. There was something about him that struck her interests, deciding right then and there to let him stay.

"Hard to control others actions at times, just need to make sure you correct them when not right... da?" She gave him a soft smirk and instantly began reminiscing about that conductor she had run in to the other day. She wondered if he had actually changed his ways, wondered if he still worked there, wondered if he fled the city. Perhaps it was something that she would need to check in on at some point, some point down the road if she could remember when that time came.

"Yeah... he good man but no that smart. He don't think to well." He replied, his eyes fixed onto her. Which was something that she caught on to. It wasn't often someone talked to her and looked her directly in the eyes. Usually those eyes would wander, generally down but sometimes off in another completely direction. Maybe he was respectful? Maybe he just wanted to have that drink? 

That's when it sparked her, she was still grasping that cup in her hand. It was sitting idle in her hands, just waiting patiently to be drank. Drink... she was quite happy to oblige. Lifting the glass to her lips, tilting her head back ever so slightly and let the contents cascade in her mouth. First full glass down, thankfully the bottle situated on the bar was still rather full. Placing the glass down, she reached for the bottle and went to pour some more in. Stopping before any escaped the bottle... now she was being rude, pouring herself a glass but not him.

Motioning the bottle towards him, she spoke. "Vodka, you like? You want? Da, you want..." She didn't really give him the option, she turned away from him towards the barkeep who was now tending to someone else just a few seats away. Throwing up her hand slowly towards him, a motion that didn't garner his attentions. So she did the only thing that she could think of, placed her two fingers in her mouth and blew. The whistle piercing the bar crowd, everyone in the place turning in her direction. Everyone including the barkeep... who she now had his fullest attentions.

He excused himself without saying anything to the people he was serving, quickly making a b-line in her direction.

"What can I do for you?" He asked.

"I need one more glass."

With a nod he reached underneath the bar, pulling out another glass from where he pulled hers out. Looking it over, making sure it was clean before sliding it over towards her.

"Anything else?"

She shook her head and waved him off in the same motion. Picking up the bottle she poured a bit in the new glass, poured a bit in her glass and placed it back onto the bar. Picking his glass up with her left hand and picking hers up with her right, she extended it in his direction... waiting for him to grab it.

Report Post Tip

Vinh watched the woman quite closely as she reached around to drink, it wasn't that he felt intimidated or nervous about being in her presence, he just had that thought lingering in the back of his head.. death.. being out in the open and around unfamiliar people always brought danger, even for someone like himself, he always had to be careful... that was when the woman froze, holding the drink in her hand after the bartender brought and poured her that drink.. their eyes meeting, it was sort of a uneasy feeling for him as woman generally payed him no mind in this country, probably because he couldn't speak English very well..

"Vodka, you like? You want? Da, you want..."

Her tone was also a bit off putting for him, it was almost as if she was antagonizing him for the way he spoke, I mean, it wasn't his fault he had to take a moment and think his words through.. if he didn't, he probably would say something he shouldn't.. glaring at the woman a bit he turned his body away from her and let his eyed drop down to the empty glass that was left infront of him, should he even be drinking anyways? It's not like he enjoyed it all that much..

Feeling the aggravation of the situation rising in him, he pulled out his pack of smokes and stuck one in his mouth, his eyes wandered around the bar as most who had a cigarette in places like this were bombarded for one almost immediately but, aside from this woman next to him, it seems nobody else was paying him any mind, which was the way he liked it. Raising his zippo up now as he flicked it open and ignited the flame, he inhaled deeply as the cigarette began to burn and fill his lungs, the snap and crackle of the tobacco giving way as it lit up. Ahh yes, that is exactly what he needed...

As he exhaled, the woman reached her arm over infront of him, causing him to shift his body backwards a bit and turn his head towards her with a glare again.

"I though you get mad about my friend in space.. what's going on?"

His eyes fixated on her as she poured him a drink, a smile entering it at the same time as she extended it back to him.. it was something he didn't exactly expect, especially from someone who seemed pretty aggressive since he sat down.. after a few moments of staring at her hand, he slowly reached over and took the glass from her, his fingers grasping onto the glass that was wet with fresh vodka.. she quickly pulled her hand back and raised her glass to him and downing the whole thing.. her face didn't even make a wince as the liquid went down her throat, infact, she just poured another shot straight from the glass..

"You are strange lady.. you know that? .. nhưng cảm ơn vì đồ uống.."

The end of his sentence he couldn't finish in English so it came out in his native tongue, Vietnamese, which he was almost one hundred percent sure she had no idea what he said, but maybe she would understand as he lifted the glass to her and drank the vodka himself now, only his face couldn't hide how bitter it was going down his throat.. almost like some rubbing alcohol.. he let off a slight cough before placing it down onto the bar, something that seem to warrant some laughter from the woman next to him..

"Me no big drinker.. I like to smoke. You want one?"

Feeling as if he should be somewhat nice to the woman now after she had offered him a drink, he lifted the pack of cigarettes off the bar and slighty towards her direction.. surely she would take one?

Report Post Tip

Ksenia wasn’t much of a smoker, in fact she had never once bought a pack of her own. Which you’d assume wasn’t such the case, usually heavy drinkers like herself always dabbled in smoking as well. Booze and cigarettes was basically like pairing spaghetti and meatballs but to her it was the smell that tended to be off putting. The smell that was left on her, left on her clothing. Even though every time she drank, she always went home smelling like it anyways. 

All that being said, she has never once turned one down in a bar setting, especially when she already had a few drinks already in her.

Placing her glass down, Ksenia slowly moved her hand across the bar until reaching the extended pack of cigarettes. Pulling a single one out and pulling it back towards her, holding it in between her pointer and middle finger. 

“Thanks for the smoke” She spoke while shifting the cigarette in her fingers. Not quite yet ready for him to light it. “It’s funny, you’re not a big drinker but love smoke. Me I love the vodka, smoking is just eh.” She let out a chuckle and began pulling the cigarette up until she placed it in between her lips. Leaning towards him to signal him for a lite. 

She watched as he pulled his lighter up, flicking it, sparking the flame to life. She watched as it danced from the lighter, immersing herself into it. It wasn’t until he brought it towards her that she snapped out of it. That lack of sleep was really starting to do a number on her… shaking off the flame, Ksenia leaned forward meeting him half way. The cigarette blending with the flame, catching it ablaze rather quickly as she inhaled inwards. A bit of smoke filling her lungs, she held it just for a second before exhaling. She pulled it off her lips and held it in between her fingers once more, placing that hand on the bar. 

Looking over towards him, she caught glimpse of him giving her a smile. Almost as if watching her smoke made him happy… either that or he was thinking on something else that be found comical. Either way it was a question she surely was gonna ask. 

“You smile…. Why you smiling?”

Report Post Tip

Vinh turned his head around to look over his shoulder, who was the woman talking to? Smiling? Twisting his body a bit further now he tried to see who she may have said that to but found no one, not even his bodyguard who she had an issue with.. he shrugged and let off a chuckle before turning back around and giving her a faint nod and directing his eyes back down to that glass he had just taken a sip from.. there was still vodka left in it, or well that's what this woman called it.. he certainly thought it was something much worse then that, I mean, the sake back home wasn't even this bad.. 

That was when the woman spoke again, this time she repeated herself but her accent was a bit heavier this time, normally, he was able to spot these things about people but he had been out of his game for some time now, but it was like riding a bike.. he easily spotted that she was Russian, I mean, the alcohol was probably the biggest give away..

"Da, I said.. 'You smile…. Why you smiling?' .. what you hard of hearing too?"

Turning his head back to the woman as he processed what she had just said, was a bit confused.. he thought she had said that to someone else but obviously she was talking to him.. he tried to recollect if he even smiled at her or not.. but then he sort of remembered giving a faint smirk after she took the cigarette.. it was a common habit of his, picked up from the old country, it was always polite to offer and smile...

"Oh, you talking to me.. I smile, it tradition.. in my country respect big thing you know? You no funny or anything don't take wrong way!"

He gave her a faint head nod before lifting his hand again to his mouth and inhaling the cigarette once more.. as loud as the place was, he could still hear the faint crackle and pop of the cigarette as it burned away. Smoking was also a big tradition in his country, sort of a right of passage, almost all the adult males in his village smoked, his dad smoked, uncle smoked, grandfather smoked.. if you didn't smoke you were a bit out of place.. remembering that made him smile a bit again, he always liked thinking about his country, but then it dawned on him that the woman was probably not too happy about him smiling again, so he turned his eyes to her and sure enough caught her glare..

"Ah yes, in my country, me from Vietnam, smoking is adult pass time, no drinking.. everyone smoke. It make me happy to think about family and my country.. I miss it, can't go back. New people in charge no good.. you know?"

He took a slight pause as he finished exhaling the smoke from his lungs that remained after he spoke..

"Yes yes.. ah, I talk about respect, where my manners you know? My name is Vinh.. Vinh Tran, I coming to America few months ago.. English I learning alot, hard language you know?"

Nodding again, he felt like the woman would understand, if only he could come up with a new phrase other than.. you know...

Report Post Tip

She didn't really know what he was talking about, this was the country she was born and raised in. Sure she still had quite the thick accent and could speak fluent Russian but that was bound to happen growing up in the family, in the neighborhood that she did. It was a predominantly an all Russian area. so everything she knew was Russian. The English was basically a secondary language to her but really one she knew just as well as her families native tongue.

"I'm actually from here, from the US... Born and raised but my family all Russian... parents born there and came here for better opportunity. So I'm from here... well not here but here." She tried to backtrack, her own words confusing herself a bit. Hoping in some instant it came across as she really meant it. Pausing for a moment, she brought her glass up from off the bar. Downing the contents once again in one full gulp, once again not making any sort of reaction. Truly the stuff tasted like water to her, even though it was rather strong.

"Your English isn't bad... could use a bit of work but isn't terrible."

She placed the glass back onto the bar in front of her, placing it right next to the bottle. Not pouring herself another yet, just leaving it there for when she was ready. Instead she put her attentions onto the cigarette that was smoldering in between her fingers. The ember hanging on by a thread now, just slowly burning the cigarette away.

It would have been quite rude of herself to let it burn out without taking a few more puffs. Especially after how he just expressed to her how much it actually meant in his culture. Normally she wouldn't have given a shit and just continued to do what she was doing but having someone to converse with was rather nice. He was the first person in quite a bit of time to actually give her the time of day. As if most everyone else was a bit intimidating to strike up a conversation with her. In her old neighborhood this wasn't the case but throughout the rest of the US... yeah, she was a bit of an outsider.

Lifting her hand up and directing it towards the ashtray, Ksenia flicked off the ash then brought the cigarette to her lips. Taking another single puff on it and once again not completely inhaling it before exhaling. Her eyes watching the smoke bellow out into the air, it was probably her favorite part of it. Just watching the smoke dance in the air, there was something calming about it all.

That's when she remembered he had introduced himself, which she would obviously reciprocate.

"Ksenia" She spoke and could see the confusion on his face. He either didn't know what she was responding to or didn't understand what she was saying. So she decided to repeat herself but with a bit more context to it.

"My name... it's Ksenia" She spoke it slowly so he could hear how she pronounced it. "It's good to meet you, Vinh. Do you stay here.. Detroit, is it your new home?"

Report Post Tip

His eyes squinted a bit at the woman as she asked her last question, he was a bit hesitant to answer it, from a teenager he was always told by the older criminals he ran with to never tell anyone anything about yourself, even the smallest detail could get you arrested, or even worse, killed.. his mind wandered on it a bit and it wasn't until he heard the woman scoff a bit before taking the bottle infront of her and pouring some more vodka in the glass infront of her, he could tell by her body language that while she was coming off friendly, she too seemed a bit on edge.. like something wasn't right with her..

Shaking his head a bit before taking another drag off the end of his cigarette and stubbing it out in the tray next to him that the bar provided, he began to slowly speak..

"Nice er- meet you Ksenia.. Yes.. uh, Detroit where I am now.. for work.. Detroit good place for it.. you know?" 

He cleared his throat a little bit, thinking about what he said.. clearly if he was here for work, he was living here, so that much was already out the window.. he chuckled a little bit before continuing..

"Detroit is new home yes, My family, still in my country across the sea, they no want to come to America.. my father say the Americans are bad, he support the people in Vietnam before I flee.. those people.. very bad. Worse then criminal behind- err how you say it?"

Gesturing with his hand he made a line up and down infront of him.

"No sun, just dark.. small bucket for bathroom.."

Vinh had to pause thinking about the conditions he had been living in while he was in prison.. they definitely were not humane, and by far the worst way he had ever lived in his life. Luckily for him though, the communists free'd him during their small revolution against the government. It was during this time he found his chance to escape through an old contact of his, an italian man of all people, him and the mafia really helped him out, and sadly he turned his back after a contract went bad.. making him a marked man now.. He could tell the woman had little care though or she just found him boring, as she quickly took another shot that she had poured before lazily turning her attention back to him..

Looking down at the liquid on the table still in his glass, he picked it up and slowly raised it to his lips before tossing it back into his throat and swallowing, it was pretty ghastly of a taste and feeling as it went down, but the thought of all that really made him want to drink it..

"Ahhh, how you drink that stuff-" his face winced a bit before returning to normal

"Well, you lucky.. born here America, free.. Me thinking you not from here either, your uh.. you know?" he gestured to his neck

"It no American, you know? See, easy to tell American.. they talk sport, gun, coffee.. you know? Simple people, simple uh.. way talk? You know? Or don't know?"

The door opened to the front of the bar, causing Vinh to turn his head.. it was someone he recognized causing him to quickly turn his head back around to cuff up his shirt a bit, it was an old friend of his but not somebody he exactly wanted to see right now.. he continued to try to play it cool but he sensed the woman sitting next to him knew something was up, he just hoped the guy who had just walked in didn't..

Report Post Tip
Tutte needed a drink, one for the road to manage this pretty busy day of his.

He enters Boozy Barney's and take a seat and orders a Rusty Nail. He mostly liked common bourbon or scotch but why not try out a special ones.

He sipped on the drink, not to bad, pretty good one really.
Report Post Tip

His comment made her chuckle, she had never really put two and two together but he was right. Most true blooded Americans generally talked about a few topics; sports, guns, and coffee were pretty much the extent of it. Broad spectrum really... each group of people would add in a few different topics here and there. The men would talk about women. the women talk about what their man has recently done for them but yeah he was basically spot on.

She was about to comment on it, though the moment she was about to open her mouth. Ksenia heard the door open, really she felt the whip of the cold air burst though. She really didn't pick the best of places to sit, every time that damn door opened up she was met with a frigid gust of cold air. At least it kept her awake... was probably the only good thing about it. Her attentions went back on to Vinh, whom she caught out of the corner of her glare. She noticed he took a quick peek towards the door and then watched his body language. He quickly went from bubbly and talkative to rather subdued, quickly turning about. Almost as if he was trying not to be seen by whomever just walked in.

Her attention went back off of him and back onto the man at the door. He was standing there just a few steps in, almost taking inventory of the people within. Something surely wasn't right, there was something off about all of this. There was something within her core that told her so, she had a knack for things like this but she didn't know enough to know what the beef was between these two.

Her eyes shifted back onto Vinh then back onto the man. Trying to decipher what was going on but she had nothing... didn't have enough of the puzzle to figure it out. Now it was just a matter of if she wanted to step in or bow out. Not that she had much time to figure it out but trouble definitely just walked in, things could surely get interesting around these parts.

She was always up for interesting, well usually. Today though, not so much. The lack of sleep was hitting her hard, really she just wanted to sit here and drink. She wanted to continue her conversation with this exotic man and then eventually get to a bed and sleep. Looked like she might have to step in here, divert some attentions away from Vinh or just hide him from view but how...

Leaning in towards him and in the softest voice she could muster up, Ksenia began speaking. "Man at the door, no good, huh? What you need me to do?"

Report Post Tip

He turned his head to the woman as she leaned in towards him and whispered a bit, or atleast talked low enough to almost be in a whisper that it was hard for him to hear her.. it also didn't help his mind was racing a bit, how was he going to get out of her unseen? Did they see Tri outside? This is exactly why he chose not to go out anymore.. letting off a slight sigh, the woman tapped him again and repeated herself, this time he could hear her pretty clearly.. 

"Man at the door, no good, huh? What you need me to do?"

He didn't even really question how she noticed, his head just slightly turned again to find the man who now was gone from vision behind him.. maybe he sat down? Feeling a bead of sweat flow down his temple he turned back to the woman to speak..

"No, man is no good.. hard explain.." he paused as he turned the other way now to try and get a look at the rest of the place, he still didn't see him.. his attention returned to the woman who was still staring at him attentively..

"You no do anything, bad man can hurt you.. worse, kill. You probably make big mistake talking to me tonight..."

Vinh looked over at the bottle still sitting on the bar in front of Ksenia .. he quickly reached over and snatched it and popped open the top to pour another drink into his glass, some of it poured over the side as it filled up quickly before he somewhat slammed it down into the bar and sent some of it's liquid splashing out the top, he could feel his arms shake nervously a bit as he reached down for the glass and took the shot, this time the alcohol went down not as bad, as he was already slightly buzzed from the first.. he placed the glass back down onto the bar and tried to regain himself...

He didn't exactly get a great look at the guy, but he looked like one the notorious hitman who worked for the secretive 'Detroit Partnership' .. the outfit he used to do contract killings for up until recently.. Vinh sadly knew too much about them and their dealings, and he knew it was a matter of time until they found him.. Jack Tocco was the son of William who ran things, but he was also his most feared hitman.. he could have sworn that was who he saw..

Turning back to the woman now, he seemed a bit displeased with his recent actions, he tried to smile a bit, but some ease to the situation..

"Probably someone else anyway, I no see him anymore.. maybe just paranoid.. you know? I'm sure you have people you don't want to see either? Like family.. oh, my father, no no me see, he very angry last time I saw him.. probably avoid him if I saw too you know?"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This wasn’t something that she was just going to bypass and pretend to shoo under the rug. Everything about his demeanor was telling her things weren’t alright, to what extent of not right she didn’t know. Though the fact that he mentioned that the man he thought he saw was so bad, that death was on the table. That right there kind of summed up everything… even if it was not the man he was thinking, they needed to make sure it wasn’t. None of this it could have been but possibly wasn’t bullshit. That’s the kind of philosophy, that’ll help you get to an early grave. 

It wasn’t a position that she wanted to be in, she prefer not to die today. Sure it wasn’t her battle and sure she could get up and leave without even looking back but if that man was that bad, she probably be a target just for sitting next to him. The whole guilty by association thing coming in to play, she knew she needed to push more of this topic and that’s exactly what she did. 

Stubbing the cigarette out of the bar top before speaking… because the ash tray just to her right was to far away. Ksenia looked him dead in the eyes, her glare piercing through them. Making sure she was getting her point across and that she was rather serious. 

“You never second guess yourself. The moment you do, is the moment regret your choice. If not him, good but you need to make sure. Need to make sure for your safety… for my safety. I do not want my death today, do you want yours?” Her words were blunt, hoping he would understand where she was coming from.

Report Post Tip

'You never second guess yourself. The moment you do, is the moment regret your choice'

The words sunk into his brain, so much so that he didn't even really hear the rest of what she had to say.. she was right, he definitely saw someone that would put a bullet in his brain given the chance, perhaps it was time he got the hell out of here just to be safe.. he nodded now and turned his head to the woman..

"You right, I need to be.. safe ya know? I going now.."

Vinh slowly pushed the chair backwards so it didn't make too much noise, although in this place, noise was really the least of concern as their was sound coming from everything.. glasses, laughter, conversation.. you name it. Scuffing his coat up, he gazed around the room again to see if he noticed anyone again but still sadly, he didn't see that man again.. he reached into his pocket now and pulled out one of his business cards.. this woman had something about her that he felt like could be useful to him.. he placed it on the bar in front of the woman and gave a faint nod..

"For you, er- Ksenia ? I think I say right.. I have business here in Detroit, maybe you come see me if you looking work? Maybe? People need money ya know? I pay good..."

Turning away from the woman now, he quickly made his way out of the place and smacked his bodyguard in the head on the way out, Tri was standing there and had not seen the man enter.. making him actually wonder as he walked down the block if he truly did see someone or not.. 

Report Post Tip

Her words must have sunken in rather quickly as it didn't take him long at all to excuse himself from the situation at hand. Sure it made more sense for him to get up and go, reevaluate, perhaps leave things for another day but that wasn't her style. She wouldn't have left the place until she found out if she was seeing things or not. To each their own though... With no more than a shrug in his direction, Ksenia took his business card and stuck it directly into her pocket. Not once looking at it.

She did keep an eye on him as he exited, wondering if she would have noticed anyone get up and follow or anyone that may have given him a suspicious glare but there was none of that. Just the same old crowd, doing all of the same old things they were doing... drinking... Which was something that she needed to get back to, as it was the only bit of fun that it seemed she was going to be having today.

Pouring herself a drink from the bottle seated next to her, Ksenia picked up the glass and took a smaller sip. Then quickly took a bigger sip right after, the vodka wasn't going to drink itself after all...

She sat there for a few minutes, sipping on her vodka, filling it up periodically. Sure she was starting to feel the affects of it, was definitely getting a bit tipsy but was now bored... This place had run it's course, it was time for her to leave. Downing the remaining contents within the glass, Ksenia pushed herself off the chair. Taking a moment to gather herself before swiping the bottle from the bar, she paid for it, so she wasn't leaving it. Even if it may be frowned upon walking the streets with an opened container... let someone say something... perhaps it could be the fun she was looking for.

It was a thought that made her smirk as she exited the bar, to where she didn't know.

Report Post Tip

EvilAbby has been walking the streets with her friends AlexaBliss, Saturday and Shoes just chilling and chatting when they come across 'Boozy Barney's' thinking she could use a drink EvilAbby suggests to her friends that maybe they should stop for a breather...

"Barkeep! Who's leg you gotta hump for a Dry Martini around here?" EvilAbby shouts. "I've always wanted to say that"

"Excuse me Miss" the bartender saying while giving her that glance of 'Really?' "We dont do them here, But we do have Dry Manhattan's if You'd like to try one of those?" 

Feeling a little ashamed for showing herself up a bit, EvilAbby agrees to try it. and urges her friends to have one too.

"That's ok girls these are on me" AlexaBliss pipes up.

Somewhat surprised and not wanting to pass the offer, they all have one and settle down at a table by the front window, noticing how suddenly the sun has gone and now looks like it might rain...

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Boozy Barney's
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL