Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 17:13:43
Page:  1 
REQUEST: Boxing Math Strategy Started by: Squishy on Aug 17, '22 23:27

So I need a break from boring monotonous work on the new game so I am working on a small side thing to keep my sanity for a few days. 

I am working on BG Fight feature that users can bet on against each other.  When two BGs fight (Similar to durden raids), you only know the total amount of stats score... like BobBobbert (38), you know his total is 38 skill points, but don't know the breakdown.  This puts him in the 35-39 fighting tier where he can only fight other 35-39s

The usable stats are:

Wack

Defense

Stealth

Info

Rage

Health/Energy (Not included in the 38 number, this is the HP of the bg and every move has a cost against this number, whoever runs out of HP first loses)

The battle system's order of moves will be predefined by the participant by selecting the moves in advance, to keep it simple, lets say the predefined starting moves are 'evade, block, hold, quick hit, regular hit, hard hit'

Using the above info, come up with math on how the the stats correlate against your opponent's stats depending on which action is used against each action.  Provide a few examples to make sure we are all on the same page. 

This is a small project, hence only a few moves and simple math.... Down the road when we have time to start redoing previous stuff, we can rewrite this into a more intricate version if there is interest.

There will be a ring in every city, two are being given to people who have done a tremendous amount of work on this in the past, as well as the remaining will be given to participants in this thread.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Just off my dumb brain I'd imagine it'd be Wack vs Def, Stealth vs Info, and then you could use Rage as some sort of like... "Heart" stat. Boost to energy/hp randomly divided up depending on how the fight progresses maybe? 

I'm also the biggest fucktard I know so eh. I just like fighting and gambling. 

Report Post Tip
For all moves Info is pitted against Stealth to determine the likelihood of a successful attack or evade. Higher stealth means you can duck and dive or block a punch.
Jab;
Direct hit puts Wack against Defence.
Power punch;
Direct hit adds a rage multiplier but costs health and repeated power punches lose the rage multiplier.
Evade;
A successful evade regains some health.
A partial evade/block can still incur damage if Wack is more than 2 points higher than Defence.
Hold;
If both select hold health is regained. If one holds and the other attacks then they have a reduction on their defence stat used compared to evade as they are wide open for a power punch.

I would also link a stamina stat to health so you don't have someone with high wack and rage spamming the same moves.
Report Post Tip
I wonder if some of the less utilised skills like street smarts could work here?
Report Post Tip
The bulk of the math will be done on the BG skills themselves, with tie breaking and tiny advantages going to the owner skills but I think that the bulk of it should be the BGs this way it's a more level playing field between some goomba and some nine month old godfather. (Since this is a fun and profit thing, not a war thing)
Report Post Tip
Defence will block attack up to the number

For attack If attack is 5 and defence is 4 then defense will block 4 of the damage dealin go only 1 damage

Stealth can work as a 0.25 chance per point to evade but gets subtracted by opponents stealth first
Such as 10 points stealth man one 5 points stealth man 2. Man one will then have 5 points or 1.25 chance to evade the hit numbers can be plaid with

Info will work for crit chance because they have info on a weak spot crit deals 200% damage

Rage can give a 0.5 or so chance per point to evade defence such as 20 stats stealth has a 10% chance to deal full damage regardless of defence
Just an example number can be plaid with a little

Health can be determined by base 100 and 1 extra health point for every 5 points used in total
Numbers can be plaid with
Report Post Tip
Oh I thought it was a request for ideas for the math sorry if it wasent
Report Post Tip

Dusk, no no no, you are OK, you are explaining a way to do the math perfectly :)  I am looking for users ideas just like yours on how the math should stack up against other bodyguards math. 

Report Post Tip

The bulk of the math will be done on the BG skills themselves, with tie breaking and tiny advantages going to the owner skills but I think that the bulk of it should be the BGs this way it's a more level playing field between some goomba and some nine month old godfather. (Since this is a fun and profit thing, not a war thing

If it goes to user stats does that then not make it on a fair playing field anymore? Or are you going to make a curve for the statboost that rank gives in the rolls? As much as RNG can fuck up sometimes it's just the only way to keep something fair if we're being honest.  

I think you've got the idea done and it's perfect. You just need a link for us to click on so we can start betting our own chickens in our own cock fights.

Report Post Tip

If it goes to user stats does that then not make it on a fair playing field anymore?

I mean more of a 'if X battles Y, and the moves they did with the stats they have and the energy they have and it comes up with an exact tie, but owner A has huge stealth and owner B has poor vision, then theres a 5% chance that particular attack goes in the favor of A rather than a straight up 50/50 random roll to see who won it since that particular move rolled out to be a tie.

Report Post Tip

I guess my thought is. If the bodyguard is the boxer to the fight we put on for our entertainment.  Why are my stats being used at all? That gives older accounts and accounts with saved hustle points a pretty clear advantage imo

Report Post Tip
Also I would like it if we did it in a chat like we do when a duel is about to go down so we can watch the rounds and maybe bet on them

Also what happens to to losing bg do they lose health or go on a timer like can’t join arena for 3 days if lost
Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: REQUEST: Boxing Math Strategy
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL