Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 10:12:17
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Allowing CLs & RHs to see active hours per week Started by: Victoria on Aug 22, '22 12:41

Fairly simple - with the new requirement of 1+ hour per week giving the CL/RH visability on the pop up in the members page when you click on it, to show the "Hours this week" that's shown on the manage profile page. 

Example:

• Earnings: $50,510,916
  • Start Date: 07/05 13:20
  • Last Active: 08/22 12:35
  • Hours in the last week: 867.5309
  • Protection: Protected
  • Mobmails: 330
  • Threads: 2

Reason behind it: 

If crews are being punished for having inactive uppers, it allows the level of micromanaging that is beneficial to avoid this during times like now where most people are on holiday, or there isn't a valid trusted person who could fill the position due to being too new to the crew, new name etc. 

While I am all for the change of inactivity having a consequence, it should be made slightly easier to manage when your hands both fuck off on holiday at the same time while the other people who you could use are also on holiday and why the FUCK IS EVERYONE GETTING HOLIDAY ASIDE FROM ME OH MY GOD LORDY HELP ME. 

Ahem. 

TL;DR - Give additional hour stats so CLs can pre-emptively adjust before the NPCs descend upon us and cause chaos. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Makes sense.

Report Post Tip

I'm leery about giving that level of detail on regular users. If its been nothing but radio silence with some members, days since their last reply, nothing in crew chat, no shot reports, no posts, no activity in durden raids, they don't answer you when you ask about their activity because you want to promo them and so on, then maybe they are not suited for a position to be the point contact as your poxy.  Worst case you can toss them in a hand slot and look at the hours listed in the crew details page.

TLDR; Not sure I want to give that information up so easily.  It just feels a little creepy to run overwatch on all members 24/7 when you can get the information on a particular member who you would be examining anyway for that position.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After recent events involving my family and the spawning of NPC’s, I think this would be a good idea. I know you mention not being keen on giving that information for regular users up so easily, which I can understand. So maybe if the CL and hands can see each other’s activity? 

Report Post Tip

So maybe if the CL and hands can see each other’s activity? 

How would you do it in real life?  What about with a roomate, coworker, employee?  You can do all of those methods here, plus theres even additional ones:

Right now, everyone can look at your crew details and see your general activity.  If they are listed as "Obscenely Low" it means they are at the bottom rung by comparison against all others. 

They can also whois someone on lounge to see the last time they were on.  Huh they haven't chatted in 8 days.  Haven't replied to my mail from 5 days ago.  Complete radio silence? No voting records for a week?

Your own recollection of when was the last time they showed up for work... or play... or in any capacity is also a good indicator.

If its been long enough that you forget that they are a hand, forget what they look like, haven't seen a shot report or a payment or a mail or anything in a long while, its probably a sign that maybe its time to take the initiative to see whats up.

And the final and most important one would be the upper letting you know.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Allowing CLs & RHs to see active hours per week
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL