Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 26 - 19:53:19
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Competition: King Me! Started by: Staccato on Aug 26, '22 20:14

Barney and BOYSON were both feeling confident having worked their way through the field to the finale. It was easy to see that Barney's path was more gentle to match his nature (RIP TwenTone). Having failed to successfully set up a match with their kin in time, it was now time to take on BOYSON for all of the glory! 

BOYSON set the stage and chose the black pieces. Barney commanding the white. The match started slowly. No one was eager to sacrifice any of their troops. Suddenly, the battle took a turn and the moves came swiftly. It was a fierce battle back and forth with multiple kings on the board for both parties. The turning point came from a double king jump from Barney's king and gently placed the nail in the coffin. It was only a matter of time until BOYSON's remaining pieces were trapped and eliminated. 

"Thank you, BOYSON, for that entertaining match. It was a hard fought game and I loved the mental challenge. Thank you for setting this up, Staccato."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Damn has this tournament finished yet Xkop thought to himself.

He was of course disappointed to see the man best him just get beat, he’d have taken some solace in knowing he lost to the overall winner.

My dearest friend who’s name I struggle to pronounce - what’s the latest?

I fear the general might be dead by the time he has to play someone.

Of course it gives more time for the illusive dice prizes to be paid which I can then give to the champion.
Report Post Tip

Looking forward to battling the great Sosabowski in a game of checkers, BOYSON entered the competition. He fought hard and managed to beat the players he encountered and reached the final round. This was it. It's all or nothing. Alas, one mistake ended that chance for BOYSON.

After loosing the finale against the better player Barney, BOYSON stood up and shook his hand once again and congratulated him on the glorious victory, wishing him good luck on his next battle.

BOYSON remained in the vicinity of the park, awaiting for the great battle to start and wondered who will win this. Will Barney be able to beat the great Sosabowski?

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations on your win Barney!", Staccato exclaims with excitement. "Apologies this tournament has been much more drawn out than originally planned. I am easily distracted by shiny things." 

Staccato immediately hears a set of wind chimes rustling nearly and smiles as it seemed the universe was agreeing with her statement. She gestures to her driver, who promptly brought out some decorated gift bags. 

"To the winner goes the spoils! 15 credit notes and a variety of bits and bobs, just a few perks really." She hands the bag to Barney. "For being a very gallant 2nd place holder, 5 credit notes and a smattering of prizes". Staccato hands a smaller bag to BOYSON

She turns back to Barney"If you would like to challenge Sosabowski to a match, please feel free to at any time of your choosing. If you succeed, please contact me and I will bestow you with a further 10 credit notes. However, if you were to lose...well Sosabowski's head may swell two or three times its size..." Staccato chuckles at the mental image. "Congratulations again, and best of luck if you choose to take this challenge further!"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Alas due to recent development in the streets, the great Sosabowski met his untimely demise. Therefor the great challenge can no longer take place.

Too bad really. I was looking forward to watch the greatest battle of all time.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Competition: King Me!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL