Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 20:07:13
Page:  1 
Famous Pigeons Started by: Pigeon on Aug 27, '22 07:38
Let's nominate famous pigeons. I'll lay a million bucks to whoever makes the most interesting nomination...

I'll start: Paddy the Messenger Pigeon, born and raised in Carnlough, Ireland, and served with distinction in WW2.
Report Post Tip
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
How about the pigeons from Mary Poppins? Only famous pigeons I can think of without googling. Homeless lady fed them, outside the bank I think.
Report Post Tip
What about the pigeons the loner lady fed in Home Alone? In New York, Central Park I think.
They were some mean ass, well training pigeons fucking over the bad guys.

For me, it's the pigeons poisoned in the park by the great Tom Lehrer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY

Report Post Tip

I would like to nominate the band "Pigeons Playing Ping Pong" to this thread. Link incoming https://youtu.be/y7iin6jdtsM

Report Post Tip

I’d like to nominate on plucky little bastard I encountered on a road near my house the other week. He was standing in the middle of the street, eating something off the road. As I drive toward him, he looked up, saw me coming and just casually resumed eating. This made me smile. I thought it an audacious move and even if his meal was restaurant standard, the large vehicle moving toward it must have set alarm bells ringing. But no, our little protagonist just kept on chewing. I waited for that last moment flutter to freedom that always sees them cheat death, but it never came. Instead I was meant with a tiny phutt sound as his tiny head connected with my bumper. It sent a shudder through me so I looked in my mirror hoping to see the little guy alive. I wasn’t going very fast so there was a chance. Sure enough he was still there, his head wobbling about like he’d been at it all weekend. 

I’m almost certain he died, but for that short minute, he looked like he’d tanked the shot. The sight of him staggering about like a twelfth round Rocky, will live with me forever. 

Ian - this is YOU.

I would have stopped.  I stopped for a squirrel.  People beeped.  I got out and lifted my arms in a gesture of defiance.  The squirrel was OK.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Famous Pigeons
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL