Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:33
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Why do you? Started by: DravenLynn on Aug 27, '11 23:08

Draven turns her attention to The_Messiah.

I do have to say that you aren't the only one that enjoys the dark business that we surround ourselves with daily. It does create greater bonds then anyone that doesn't live this life will never know. And peace... You do grow to enjoy it when it comes. Those times of hanging out in the bars and coffee shops with the people you have surrounded yourself with, perhaps even the small thrill of finding the unwanted and removing those that just lay dormant in our cities so that only the active survive.

This is the life is it not? I guess you could say it's our lives.

Report Post Tip

21 walks up, with a lit cigar in his mouth. He joins the croud to tell his opinion. Not that anyone would listen.

There are a few reasons I live a life of crime. The number one reason being respect. I like the fact that people know my name. They know my bloodline and they tend to show me respect because of the fact that I break the law for a living.

21 takes a puff of his cigar, and thinks about the second reason..Revenge.

My father was in this line of business also. I was raised in a house that was ran with a iron fist and the house hold ran on fear. Until he made a bad business decision, which got my mother, siblings, and father killed, and left me scarred. Physically and emotionally. I found his gun and was determined to have my revenge, I ended up following my father's footsteps. Like Sao said, I suppose this life chose me. I came to crime when I needed revenge, respect, and money, and once I had those things. I couldn't leave.

21 takes another drag of his cigar, hoping he didn't just make a fool of himself.

Report Post Tip

Ozan leans against a streetlight, smoking a cigaret and listening to what others have to say on the subject. He walks up then, smiles at his friend DravenLynn and starts to talk to add his view.

I hear people talk about friends, family, respect and money. Even revenge is mentioned as a reason to continue this life of crime. To me that are all good reasons to live this life.

However, I read some journals from my ancestors and it seems my bloodline has been around here for what seems forever. All these journals tell me the same thing over and over again - my ancestors just loved this way of life. They would do anything for the many friends they made and get the same back in return, the thrill of making money, the excitement of going to war...

My dad taught me how to survive, and when he died far too early I was being contacted by a Chicago crime boss, asking me to join his family. I didn't need a second to concider his proposal - i joined him instantly.

This all got me thinking. Is it possible that this way of life is simply an addiction that is transmitted from father/mother to child over and over again?

Ozan lights another cigaret, steps off from the soapbox and mingles back into the crowd.

Report Post Tip

Civ himself was sitting on a bench smoking a cigar and noticed Ozan on the soap box talking about his reasons to be here... as Ozan was finishing his story Civ approached the soap box. Moments later... it was his turn to speak!

Hello everyone, for those who dont know me yet i am The_Civilian... but i like to be called Civ! As Ozan here i also learned from my bloodline and was facinated by this way of life. But... what appeals to me here is this...

Civ opens his over coat with two hands revealing his nice and very expensive suit...

I consider myself to be a descent and respectful man, and i enjoy wearing expensive suits. How else are my to affort such a expensive suit, and i look uh... young, would'Nt you say. The suits make me feel good about myself... well, among other things.
This way of life has been taught to me by my father who lost his life at a young age also and that he learned from his ancestors. From generation to generation my family has learned to become better men... working hard for their cities.
My father had good friends in New York, some of my ancestors has worked with some of theirs... these New Yorkers did'nt know much about the young Civilian, but... i guess when they noticed my suits, they knew i was a smart man. Smart enough,
to be convincing enough for them to offer me a home. I had to work my way into this family from New York, and today i dont regret a thing.

Civ smokes his cigar exhaling a big cloud of white smoke... a big smile in his face he looks at everyone... takes the cigars out of his mouth and waves both hands in the air!

I wear nice suits... smoke expensive cigars... have booze anytime i like... and ladies, haha... i call tell you i am not a lonely bum. This life has smiled at me ever since i came in New York. I am a happy man!

Civ steps down from the soap box... still smiling.

Report Post Tip

Goon listens carefully reasons other gathered mafiosos presented realizing that quite a few echoed his own. Lost in thought he almost haven't heard a question directed at him. He apologetecly bowed to DravenLynn.

My appologies I zoned out for a moment. Misplaced pride? Well it's simple actually. If I decided to become a teacher or a carpenter or anything legal and leave this life we lead for good it would hardly be noticed. Actually there would be only few people on my funereal if I am to die tonight because I mainly keep to myself. Usualy on regular basis contacting only members of my family. So if I dissapier there would be no great loss and that's the way all my kin walked through this life back to the time when Godmother Marietta was around. However if I am to hung my guns for good I would feel like I lost some important battle. I would feel like a quiter and for all filth I am quiter is not part of it. So time after time I return, work to the best of my abilities and enjoying watching from the shadows.

Goon notice that he was talking for far too long and possibly more intimate than he intended so he blushes slightly embaresed.

Forgive me for taking too much of everyones time.

Pulls out silver flask from his pocket and takes a quick swig.

Report Post Tip

Aight! Listen here Lil Thang. Imma throw it down nice and easy fo ya. Pizza Dough. Yeah! You gotta eat! Pizza in the house! Dough BA-BY! Stack dem chips.

Dats right. Pizza fo eating. Dough fo stackin. Keep it real.

~DoughBoy in da house reppin da big apple.

Report Post Tip

Listening to everyone she realizes that there are a lot more reasons then she had thought of for why people are in this life.

21, Ozan, The_Civilan and Goon each of you have your own reasons that I agree with compeletly as well. She gives a soft smile to Goon and turns directly towards him.

Don't ever apologize for speaking your mind in matters such as these, and your input is much appreciated. Also everyone's life is cherished by someone. Don't forget that.

She looks perplexed at the last persons words she heard though and can't quite understand.

So.. umm Doughboy it is? Your reason is to be able to make pizza dough?

Report Post Tip

Lana listens as DravenLynn speaks and she finds herself in deep thought. Why DID her bloodline keep coming back? She agrees with many point of views others have brought forward. She nods as Sao explains..."it chooses us", so true! She smiles as CaptainBubbleBeard imposes his respectability to a certain disrespetful someone. Hard work, the thrill of the kill, the addiction, the perks....YES!! All of the above, ladies and gentlemen! But then she sighs and lights up, takes a deep drag before she steps forward...

"At one point, the second woman of my bloodline had a family and she loved every minute of it. For some reason, her daughter and grand-daughters chose to live this life but wandered aimlessly knowing something was missing but couldn't put their finger on it. I have gone through their diaries many times and I chose this life to learn from their mistakes. To strengthen their weaknesses so I do not fail the ones that count on me the most. This is why I come back...to right the wrongs from the past and I'm not done here, far from it."

Report Post Tip

Draven finds herself walking over to Lana and she too gets lost in her thoughts.

It seems that many of my previous ancestors had a lot to learn themselves. I trudge through their diaries periodically hoping to never make the same mistakes some have, as well as learn from their successes. I think sometimes at least now I myself and trying to live by the rule that failure is not an option. It helps at least drive me. I can't say that personally it is why I am here.. She pauses a moment lost in her own words briefly. But then again it does drive me.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why do you?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL