Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 10:42:45
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Suggestion and Discussion. Started by: John_Fareham on Sep 05, '22 17:45
This may be moot as it would be a coding nightmare, but I was thinking if an option to spend credits on (possibly a relatively high amount) could be a post death report.

Would all come down to the data that's available I guess, but my wish list would be

People I killed, and whispers
A certain number of personal attack W/S in original formats
Links to threads written/commented on
Maybe person who sent most mobmails to (and received)
And maybe a bonus feature of your funeral being saved as a thread?

So, my suggestion is, if it could be accessed without causing coding stress, a paid for feature to have a detailed report on a character.

Any thoughts?
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Not to sound like a bitch but the threads/posts/funeral can all be accessed via archive so like whats the point of your suggestion in a report for it? 

Report Post Tip
Funeral can't as far as I know?

And threads are available, but so technically is the rest if you keep your own records.

It's a perk, one that would save time and be of interest to players.

A datadump of sorts
Report Post Tip

Ahh - You're correct about the funeral, its only if you keep it watched it stays attached to your account. 

I mean, I'm all for more statistical data about accounts postmortem but that is mostly down to me being a massive nerd. But I have some additional concerns. 

• People I killed, and whispers
    • Slightly covered already by book keeper in terms of numbers
    • For specific names if you have 1000 kills you would probably only want player accounts, but then we get into IA vs active accounts. 
    • Alternate Suggestion: List anyone Made + names you killed
    • Whispers would be interesting, but its also something that I don't know how many people even use. Statistically speaking how many kills on average are actually made per account on ranked people? If its >10 then it seems like a wasted cause because if you're high enough gun to kill active users in war, you can just track your whispers on your shot report if the number is low. 
  • A certain number of personal attack W/S in original formats 
    • Which ones though? 
    • Majority of Wack attempts end in death 
    • PP/Mug seems weird to want to keep - although I'd love a "Total PP earnings, Total Vindictive Mug profit, Total guns stolen" count rather than witness statements
    • Problem with this is data is best used quickly, and long drawn out lines of text isn't very interesting
  • Links to threads written/commented on
    • already covered on archived profiles so not needed 
    • Perhaps instead total tips earned over character lifetime & then average per post? 
  • Maybe person who sent most mobmails to (and received)
    • I feel like THIS would be a nightmare code wise and not really worth the effort but I also dont know how the code works but I assume anything not in numerical format would be such a pain 
  • And maybe a bonus feature of your funeral being saved as a thread?
    • Currently it auto-watches them so you can keep your funeral that way
      • I suspect because the obits are cleared more frequently than forums it would be harder to do 
    • Not sure the point of this either due to how often do we go back to funerals to see comments and things? 

With my last point on funerals it brings up the other issue I have with the suggestion - how long would the window be to get the data? You have 3 months until the name clears, so is that the window? Theoretically how many people would actually use this vs. adding in more information to the  book keeper, which already exists. 

Report Post Tip

Here we see Victoria as her medicine kicks in & she goes into full work mode. Jeeesh

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $23,456 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Suggestion and Discussion.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL