Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 21:22:26
Page:  1 
Main vs Crew/City Started by: Isabella on Sep 07, '22 07:21

As it stands main has priority 100% for luring rats ect.. But anyone knows that a crew comes first in all business matters (100%) and of course city follows up behind the crew. (200%) Both should by law trump main in all aspects. Main is a social club and can be a bit overwhelming for many who do not partake. The stats for top talkers on a daily basis reveal as much.

What am I asking is for a baseline who agree before we can take this to a vote. Express their thoughts here. Many do not hit these forums and I humbly ask Uppers to MM this important question to their crew for those who do not read the forums.  I will.

Thank you for your time. This will be interesting. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $130,000 Tip

We can set crew/city to 100% if the uppers want to take responsibility for controlling the spam/game-for-rewards that their members do in places that I am blind to. In the past, this hasn't gone over so well, but its something we can have them toggle in to if they feel they are willing/able to take an active role in it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Or you could come join Diabol1k, Llew, Nigel, Vaughan and I in trivia.

New nerds welcome.
Report Post Tip

Izzy it's time to make a push for crew/city trumping the social thing like main. In too many instances a gangster cannot shoot but can break down the health on a Roguette for example and told in the end they do not have a gun. Aye? I know from personal experience. But back to my point crew/city TRUMPS main in a zillion years.   Too many over times are bored with lack of communication in the crew/city. This has become a known fact in the last 5 years to be nice. But we know longer.  Trivia is a social time. And that is all fine and good but how many actually partake?  Even if a good % do which do not, I have to ask how important is Trivia vs your crew and your city?

I have requested for a baseline and for uppers to have a dialogue with their crews. If this is too difficult then we have reached a stale mate and that is a crying shame.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I hate main chat, that's where the lunatics hang around lol

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

First off, Wish I am OFFENDED that I wasn't mentioned.

4 Geralt[MR] 12479

I agree that at times main can be...smelly. Sometimes it's just nonsense spam and it can definitely be intimidating for newer players. I, personally, would support setting the threshold higher for crew and city chat and would be happy to police it. I've always kept a close eye on crew chat and chastised users for spamming for their hustle, so this wouldn't be any different for me. But I can also see it becoming a problem for leaders/uppers who aren't as active or watchful as me.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I know this will fall on deaf ears, and I don't intend to take this conversation in a different direction, but doesn't anyone else think that the focus should be on the actual GAME?  RATs and Lounge activity have become the primary focus of everything.  In the most recent RAT event, the winner got as many +1's as it would take someone who trains a gun the normal way to do in about three weeks. I come here to play a game, not sit around and spam/socialize with people.  I enjoy strategy, interesting street threads, and the competitive nature of surviving and trying to get to the top. All of those aspects of the "game" are suffering or becoming irrelevant because people's attention is being shifted in this other direction. It's bad for the game and, in my opinion, it's a lame way to spend time. I know that I probably just wasted my time in venting this, but hopefully there are others that feel the same and with enough support we can get back to the things we enjoyed about MR in the first place.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

simpleton, people play for different reasons, I get that.  For most, this place has always been a social game based around a hierarchy of people and the journey to get to the top (or forcefully bring the top down to you).  The conversations I've had where people share their best memories, almost all of them are stories that involve moments interacting with other people tied to a particular moment in the game.  I've always viewed this as a social game, so my brain doesn't really come up with things that would make the 'single player' experience better. Some people are not the social type and just prefer to click away and choose not to interact with others, and thats OK.  I would love some suggestions on things that can be done to improve game play for those that just want to click and not interact with others because unfortunately I am a little blind to that style of play.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

I enjoy interacting with people, I enjoy playful banter with people, but I don't enjoy my time spent in the main chat.  In my opinion it is not right to force people into an environment that makes them feel uncomfortable, and with main being the main way to sustain a Rat it feels forced at least to me.   

I understand that socializing is a part of the game play and climbing the ladder in this game. Like life outside the game  please the right people and get that promotion. For these reasons I support giving more weight to city chat and crew chat for Rats.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

We could make it an opt-in thing, if the uppers want to take on the responsibility of deterring the gaming of the system by their members, then full weight is given to those channels if they flip on a crew setting. It only takes a few people to lead by example and the issue ceases being one.  Yay? Nay?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I also would prefer a city / crew chat weight too. Everyone is here for their own reasons and enjoyment - however I do agree that main has it's own 'user base' shall we say. I think people that are active in the crew and city should not be penalised for not getting every in joke on main or the constant steam of randomness (maybe because of said not getting the 'in' jokes) or have had to be around for decades to know who people are -  that way main could remain as is and people that are active but differently wouldn't loose out? Erm is it loose or lose? Anyway! 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Main vs Crew/City
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL