Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 21:39:16
Page:  1 
To the Queen Started by: FastFingerFreddy on Sep 09, '22 04:24
A icon died today.
She has been around my whole life.
She did not know me but the world lost a good person today.
Report Post Tip

A very sad time indeed.

Definitely the end of an era and it makes me wonder what's to come, I just can't imagine the Royal Family having the same cultural significance with another figurehead, and it certainly doesn't come at a very stable time in the country.

I'll weirdly miss her Christmas Speeches. Watching that was a tradition forced upon me by my Grandparents (no presents until after the Queen's Speech!) but weirdly I've kept the tradition up even though they're long gone. Maybe that says something for how important she was to so many?

Rest In Peace.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Truly pays all of my best respect over this lobg lived Queen that meant so much in the common-wealth
Report Post Tip

I wonder what the rule is for all our  money with her on it. Does that stay in circulation or do we have to slowly, overtime and given time, change over to Charles? 

I also imagine all the changes she'd seen in her lifetime, amazing to think of really.

Definitely an end of an era. Rest peacefully

Report Post Tip
The money will change very gradually, takes a long time before it goes out of circulation.
Report Post Tip

Our Queen for 73 years. God rest her soul. She was a lovely, passionate woman. The Brits were lucky to have her. 

She is now watching over the Monarch from above. It is my hope that Charles doesn't screw anything up. I am happy that she appointed a Prime Minister before she passed. She made a great choice.

God save Queen Elizabeth II. She will be cherished for many generations to come.

Report Post Tip

She was an icon, did better than most did. She also apparently had a good sense of humor. I swear she was going to outlive me lol. God bless her.

Report Post Tip
Very sad days.

《The Queen is dead, long life to the King》.
Every soul shall taste death. At the end, titles or lands do not even matter. Only life's of a man or a woman by his/her actions.
RIP
Report Post Tip

Biggest thing for me is thinking that like 90% of the whole world has only known a single British monarch in their lifetimes really. Definitely an interesting time for sure, excited to watch the coronations and other things involved even as an American.

Report Post Tip
I attended one of her garden parties once. She was a person of many admirable qualities and a solid head of state for many decades.

The very concept of monarchy could and should be debated, however. Though now is not that time.

It's worth noting the dignity that the Queen brought to the head of state role and contrasting it with other nations where their head of state disgraced themselves and their population.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Biggest thing for me is thinking that like 90% of the whole world has only known a single British monarch in their lifetimes really. Definitely an interesting time for sure, excited to watch the coronations and other things involved even as an American.

This raises the question - how long will American Text books have incorrect information in public schools before they're replaced?  

Report Post Tip

This saddens me deeply. Knowing nothing about the British Monarchy, but mad respect for her and her family. A lesson in a life well lived.

Report Post Tip

Pretty crazy that she was greeting Britains prime minister 2 days before her death. That’s commitment.

Whether you feel strongly about the monarchy or not - 70 years reigning and carrying out high profile duties is insane. 

Report Post Tip

RIP the Queen.

Report Post Tip

A true legend. For some of us she looked like she was immortal. But after losing her husband (that was even older), she was no longer the same. Not many knew how important he was for her, but he was part of her strenght. They were a real couple.

Report Post Tip
70 years of ruling more than just a country. It was more like a realm that she was in charge of. Sometimes things went smooth other time there were many bumps in the road.
Report Post Tip

i was quite shocked buyt i should not have been. for some reason it seems that some people should live forever. my grandmother adored the quieen and wanted me to read to er a lot of british historical newspaper clippings and articles in books

Report Post Tip

As an american, I still believe that the Queen was a historical figure and a person to be remembered fondly. A lot of people wrote some terrible things about her after her passing. I don't agree with those people at all. I think it's sick to mock someone of such grace and beauty after their death. Rip to the Queen.

Report Post Tip

Possibly the greatest state leader the world has ever seen or likely to seen. 

People mocking should be extremely ashamed. Conducted herself with the utmost dignity for 70 years and before. 

I'm no royalist by any means but I do love the traditions that are upheld by the royal family. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: To the Queen
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL