Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:34:14
Page:  1 
As Kuklinski Sees It - Speech Two Started by: Estebano on Aug 28, '11 19:51

There now follows the second in this exciting series of speeches, as promised.

* Estebano pours a glass of brandy and starts to speak *

There has been a lot of talk about the lack of speeches taking place on these Streets that are of interest.  Once again, I’d like to put forward an idea that lacks any real coherence or sense but could, in some ways, strengthen and enable these 8 cities.  Of course reasons not to adopt this methodology are legion, but leaving that aside and thinking outside the box is key to engagement and attaining positive outcomes.

The Streets are, at the moment, quite lively.  This of course renders the remainder of this thread somewhat unnecessary but, like an exhibition of explorers going back up a mountain, there are always reasons to revisit.

My idea is this.  In the heat of the moment is the opposite of with the benefit of hindsight.  So it is not time to return to some of the more interesting conversations that have taken place on these Streets and looking at them with fresh eyes, clear heads and wearing new rollerskates?  I think that there is certainly at least a theoretical reason for doing just that.

Let me develop the point.  But before I do, I have to declare my impartiality.  I have no axe to grind nor an agenda to pursue.  I seek instead to populate these Streets to bursting point.

Conversations of yesteryear are important.  Those that don’t learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

So I ask you – leave the conversations in the past,  or revisit, revise, adapt, adopt and improve?  If so, why?  If not, why not?

Report Post Tip

I personally tire of seeing people complain about topics having already been discussed. I don't know about you, but when I am passionate about something and want to improve it, covering old ground doesn't bother me that much. Just because I may have heard a certain discussion before and participated in it, doesn't mean that someone fresh off the boat can't offer a new perspective and alter the thought process behind that very discussion and thus change the entire dynamic of it.

Thats not to say that every old topic just be hunted down and re-visited, simply that should something be worth talking about, then whether it has been discussed in the past or not shouldn't be an issue - like member whoring, for example. I only mention that now as I know for a fact someone at some point will, as its one of the oldest topics on our streets, I believe.

As I noted in your last discussion, its good to see someone make an effort by starting such discussions, but would you care to offer your own opinion also so the masses have your point of view on the question you pose?

Report Post Tip

My thoughts are this.  There needs to be a concerted effort in the Streets.  There have been some great conversation already - it's perfectly acceptable to ressurect them - if they are in some way still relevant.

Report Post Tip

While I agree it is acceptable to ressurect them, why do you feel the need to trace back through history to bring something to the forefront again rather than taking the time and effort required to deliver such aspects in your own words?

Report Post Tip

Tom is right, if there is an issue that you would like to bring up from the past it would be much better if you did so in your own words. I have no problem with what you have suggested, as long as the topics are still relevant.

However, I am well aware that many who walk amongst us will show no concern or time of day if you choose to bring up such subjects and they may point out that you are just repeating what was said two generations ago.

Like Alabama said, something worth talking about that still has relevance may be interesting to be brought back into the streets. In truth, I did much the same on a speech I made not long ago, (as you may remember briefly partaking in, Estebano) and often the oldest concepts still relevant today have survived the test of time and have engaged large debates through our community.

This is what you wanted to see, wasn't it?

Report Post Tip

For me it's pretty simple. Like the guy standing next to me I enjoy activity that is presented in the streets, I enjoy taking part in worthwhile and positive discussions. I fully endorse thinking out of the box and trying to make the most of the opportunity of presenting a thought to the world using this outlet.
However, in saying that, id rather see less activity of a quality nature than lots of drivel, like jumping onto discussions that have happened a long time ago, no matter of there relevance or not, for me its simply someone with a lack of creativity than cannot muster up the resources to address the crowds themselves.

Jumping on the back of a speech, for the lack of a better term, doesn't solve any problems of lack of activity or creativity, a few choice words at the end of an already over discussed subject, doesn't constitute as bringing anything new in terms of activity.

I would suggest that, if a person feels the absolute need to bring up an already discussed subject, that they use the previous speech as a platform to further enhance the point their trying to make. The masses will react better to a well spoken, original and thought provoking piece.
On a certain level I have to agree that, how many actual subjects can be original, over the years issues have to repeat themselves, I mean I am not naive and understand there is only so much one can talk about but I don't think revisiting subjects in this manner is the way forward and the answer to the lack of decent activity.

Report Post Tip

DoughBoy struts his way towards the front of the crowd. As he is walking through the crowd he makes sure to flash his expensive cane and rings.

Dis her be a topic dats always frontin on me. You gotta keeps it fresh. Stay fly BA-BY! Cause you know I do! Once and a while dough, you gets da same jazz fillin up yo brain. If dat jazz is bumpin, bump it yo. Why you gotsta be frontin wit it if it aint broke, you know?

I be thinkin of it like a pizza BA-BY! If ya got a deep crew and ya messin wit pizza urbody gonna want sometin diffent. If you be gettin only cheese they be eatin it. They might hate. But haters always hatin. So, get dat cheese BA-BY!

~DoughBoy in da house reppin da big apple

Report Post Tip

* Looks above *

What is this patois you're talking? 

Pizza..  Hmm, that seems familiar.

Report Post Tip

I think on this subject a lot depends the reasons for bringing back the subject.

If the discussion brings a lot of new and good points then I am all for it.

However what tends to happen is the same blood lines make the same points which were valid about 18 months ago, reasonable about 9 months ago and fucking tedious now. Then I am totally against it

What you tend to get is the later, in fact there has been times when I swear some blood lines have books of pre written speeches handed down over generations. A bit like "banker experience points" so that if x subject comes up go to the streets and say y. Or you could as far as having two different positions on the same issue and they can read out depending how the debate is going.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: As Kuklinski Sees It - Speech Two
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL