Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:34:47
Page:  1 
Babysitting Started by: AngelicalDeath on Apr 13, '08 13:38
For this past week I've been listening to discussions on how we should deal with the new civilians that arrive to this world. It was also recently that we have seen the introduction of new things into this world to help us get a better control over the killing of such people.

These changes have certainly helped and I believe I can say we are catching most of the rule breakers, provided we receive the W/S.

So here I was thinking to myself about this whole situation, and started to remember when my family line arrived in the old world. Her name was Dara, she arrived in the streets of the old world, walked around trying to get familiar with the place and then went to get some rest. She woke up and decided to go out for a walk, literally 2 seconds later, someone pulled into a back alley, stole her purse and gave her a fatal shot.

Even though it had been only 24 hours that my family line has arrived, it didn't in any way, shape or form, remove my interest in this world, much to the contrary the only thoughts in my mind were.. "I wanna find the bitch who did this".. and immediately returned.

Never before have we had so much support and protection to new civilians like we have nowadays. Never before have we had a newcomer receive an extra protection added into their defence if they are deemed 'innocent'. Never before have we not allowed to hitlist under 30 hours old gangsters. Never before have we had different badges in funerals to assist us in finding liars and rule breakers and also, it was not always that a 48 hour rule was kept in place.

I even dare say, that a lot of the time, leaders maintained a 48 hour rule in place only to make themselves look good. In fact a few months ago, around October/November, the big boss in town, let their hitters run wild and kill whatever they wanted, I remember mommy had notes about this and a confession from the big boss as well.

I also remember the times of my grandmother Anita. One week leaders were asked to prepare themselves for a huge income of boats bringing tons of new people. That in fact happened, so they decided to prepare a letter that would be deliver to every new civilian coming off those boats. I also remember the result of it. I remember the multitude of those civilians who were constantly mailed by everyone, and in the end they were asking us, why were they getting spammed, why were we so desperate to get people into our families?

So after seeing this discussion in several coffee shops and also in these streets, I decided to come share my own opinion on this subject. It's obvious all of us wants this world to grow, it's obvious we all want more families and more members. It's also obvious that we are willing to help these newcomers and turn them into quality mafioso.

However, it is my belief, that there is a difference in helping and handing everything on a platter to them. So I can say, that I won't be handing everything to these newcomers. I want this world to be filled with quality mafioso, who are interested, people that want to learn, and not the lazy that will quit at the first sign of not having something handed to them. In fact in our family, we have a great example of a new mafioso, he has arrived a while ago, and he is one of the best and most dedicated members we have; he received help, but he has also shown interest and worked hard to learn. He sought information, he did a lot of reading, a lot of searching, and thats exactly why he has become a great mafioso. He understands life around here is hard, because he knows he has to earn respect and work hard to be someone, instead of having everything handed to him.

That's the kind of mafioso I would like to see filling this world, it is our responsibility to shape these new people and it won't be by babysitting and spoon feeding them that we will have respectful mafiosi around here.
Report Post Tip
Contacting those new off the boat and giving them a small help is far from baby sitting. I think that too many are confused about how things are done. To many think that buy helping people we are protecting them from the harsh reality of this world.

It is dangerous, you will die and there usually isn't going to be much you can do to stop that.

I'm started to get really irked that people believe that those who help others are trying to smother the new for their own protection. There are many ways to help people, give them an insight into the better drugs to deal in.

Help them out when it comes to training their skills. I highly doubt that the vaunted bloodlines that we have managed to learn everything themselves. No doubt in each HQ is a statement from the HSL and it more than likely has a guide in it to teach people the rules of using their gun and how to train it to the best of their ability.

Too many these days seem to forget where they came from and forget that at some point they have more than likely learned something from someone else.

Besides I'd love to know how we hand things to people on a platter, a good Cl will require people to work for their promotions, nobody is likely to hand out large amounts of cash to those new off the boat, it's not likely that anyone is going to give them th bank balance to load up on bodyguards.

By helping people and teaching them we can show people the doors they need to go through to get what they want but we can't push them through it.

That is up to them.
Report Post Tip
So disrespectful mafiosi should die? Thats a little odd ma'am. If they're new maybe they think we could be working all for ourselves to get bold. Then again I'm just being a little goofy.

I support you ma'am. No mafioso should have anything other than a family and quite possibly some start up cash to begin their journey in this world of ours.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Babysitting
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL