Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 21:46:41
Page:  1 
Warning! Disease spreads like wildfire ! Started by: K-Dawg on Apr 14, '08 02:32
Listening to the radio this morning I was shocked to hear that once again that dreaded disease, feared by all has once again struck the 6 cities. When I first heard the news I couldnt believe it, didnt want to believe it, but lo and behold, walking through our streets this morning there it was. It had firmly taken a grip on our community once more.

But fear not folks, there is a cure. Its a bit like when I was in school all those years ago and the teachers advised us about crossing the road. Stop! Listen! Look left and right and then take that first step carefully. And so it is with the dreaded disease, OOCITUS. To avoid contracting the disease you must stop and listen to what youre saying. Dont be in such a rush to get your point across. Be aware that once the disease rears its ugly head it will spread like wildfire.

Even our illustrious leaders have fallen prey to the dreaded OOCITUS! Because it knows no boundaries. It can strike at the heart of any conversation at the drop of a hat.

So when youre out there this morning be careful, be vigilant, and dont allow the dreaded OOCITUS to grab you by the throat. Its not easy to shake it off when it does take a grip. Be afraid! Be very afraid!
Report Post Tip
From a window above K Dawg's head a loud bang can be heard followed by the sound of items being thrown around accompanied by the curses of a young woman. Occasionally articles of clothing find their way out the window. A shoe here, a hat there.. Finally a door slams. A few moments later a young woman appears on the stoop of a brownstone. She smiles and rarranges her hair and skirt.

Hell there K Dawg, I'm sorry for disrupting your speech. I found this.. It was my dear old granny's long ago.

From behind her back she produces a worn leather medical bag with a heavy silver clasp.

Please, take this. It would mean a lot to me. In it is the famed "OOCitis Emergency Vaccination Kit" as well as a few disolving tablets for the real emergency situations.

She smiles as she hands over her family treasure.

I hope you do well with it, for it has been around a great many years. The recipe for the innoculation is in there as well. Old family secrets and such.

Take care sir, I just hope some heed your warnings before it is too late.
Report Post Tip
much obliged ma'am.

/me takes the bad and opens it cautiously, looking left to right to ensure its safe.

As I take out a folded piece of paper, I read

OOCITUS originated back in the times of our ancestors.

While there is no known cure as such, this vaccination will help aid the suffering. There are many

symptoms which you can recognise for the disease, among them are

Strange references to futuristic paraphenalia.

References to another parallel universe. This parallel universe is a bit like the infamous Bermuda Triangle. Once a body enters this universe its not easy to come back. Its been known for a body to also take others with them on their travels. This happens in rare cases.

Some have been known to speak in foreign tongues.

Luckily for us, the Gods in their wisdom have the powers to exorcise such possessions of the tongue.

A most interesting perspective on this dreaded of all diseases. Thank you for this ma'am. I shall treasure it carefully and keep my eyes open.
Report Post Tip
Oh Shit!

OOCitius is on the loose! No!

Run for your life!

Runs as fast as his legs can carry him, away from the Infected ones

Get away from me!
Report Post Tip
I remember hearing my Granny Evelyn talk about OOCITUS...it sounded horrible. Thankfully, most of her friends at the time didn't catch it when there was a bad plague of it, but then again, Granny Ev had her trusty kit as well.

She pulls out of her pocket a small paper-wrapped packet and opens it to reveal several small tablets.

She used to harp at us constantly to keep these in our pocket, because she always said we'd never get rid of it. That...that it was like polio. Well, momma made me and my sisters carry it as well. We never go anywhere without one of these little packets from the five and dime.

Thoughtfully, she pos one of the pills into her mouth, swallowing hard without benefit of water.

You'd think they could flavor the damn things...or do something so they don't stick in your craw goin' down.
Report Post Tip
Not the disease :O

Runs to the nearest bar to get drunk
Report Post Tip
Carling take immediate action and begins to inject the locals with the Role-Play antivirus...
Report Post Tip
APathy sits on the fender of his car ,watching everyone run about either as infected citizens or as the people who are stabbing them with hypos trying to cure them.He hops in his car to get away from the uproar.As he speeds away he starts laughing out loud as he realizes a slight similarity between Zombies and thos einfected with OOC-itis.

Zombies run about looking for brains to eat,and OOC-itis infected people run about not knowinbg they lost theirs.
Report Post Tip
oh noes...

"knowinbg".

The Zombies that run around amok got him just as he was going to write his last word.

I warn you all, approach him with great carefulness!
Report Post Tip
As you listen to your favourite morning radio show, more horrible news breaks out....

We interrupt our regular program schedule to bring you a news update. Following the widespread epedemic of OOCitus, it now appears that this dreaded disease was nothing only a forewarning for the newest epedemic to hit our fair shores. This latest epedemic is of biblocal proportions compared to OOCitus. It is known as HeadinAssitis and already this morning there have been several cases reported.

So be vigilant mafioso this morning and check under the bed before you get out of it the wrong side.
Report Post Tip
Alfi kneels down and looks at the sky, and begins to shout......as if someone was listening

When will the madness stop? Please tell me when!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Warning! Disease spreads like wildfire !
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL