Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:46:36
Page:  1 
Shelter From the Storm Started by: Agent86 on Apr 14, '08 14:38
86 idles down the street merely observing his compatriots going about their day to day business
He begins to speak, he remains quiet thinking out loud more than making a direct statement

It's funny watching the youngsters work, I see these kids preying on little old ladies and making shady drug deals in the alleyways, and don't get me wrong I understand a guys gotta make a living, but don't they want more?

Sure we are all businessmen and our main goal is profit, and maybe I'm just getting old, but it seems to me I remember a time when becoming part of a family meant something.

There used to be some honor in earning a place amongst the truly powerful men and women in this world, people used to have pride in their organization.

Now days all I see are young punks riding the coat tails of their illustrious parents, or kids whose only enjoyment comes from snagging purses and have no desire for anything greater.

It leads me to wonder what it all means, is there any respect at all in carrying the tag L'Esercito Del Formaggio, or The 13th or The Lost Souls or any of the others?

Or perhaps people join these groups so as not to be cut down in a hail of gunfire by eager shooters trying to put another notch in their gun.

Don't get me wrong I know damn well how scary it is out there and nobody wants to walk around these streets without some power at their back, but it's just a shame to see an utter lack of pride in being a part of what these kids have.

Beginning to severely feel his age 86 ends his thought and wonders over to a nearby bench content in returning to people watch the members of the community
Report Post Tip
Where exactly is this huge lack of pride which you speak about? I've heard this kind of speech so many times now it's becoming ridiculous.
Report Post Tip
Where is the pride sir? I haven't seen it. Where are the speeches about the greatness of their leaders and family, or debates in which the one family debates another? All I see is people walking around these streets complaining of an over powering oligarchy and sides beeing taken up on that. That is not Pride in a family thats pride of some mysterious parallel world that seems to be over taking ours.

LONG LIVE El_Nino.
Report Post Tip
"All I see is people walking around these streets complaining of an over powering oligarchy and sides beeing taken up on that. "

Anthony, if that's all you are hearing on the streets, then perhaps you aren't listening closely enough. Over the past few days the streets have seen a bit of a resurgence. People like Premier have come out and shared numerous stories with us. Crewleaders such as Mr 47 and Ellis have been out here providing us with public service announcements and introducing new captains.

Perhaps you need to take a closer look at what is happening around you before opening your mouth. The kind of blanket statements that you and Agent86 are making are unfounded and quite frankly, tired.
Report Post Tip
Anthony, you seem to be complaining just for the sake of complaining. As Mr_Rogers_Lovechild pointed out there have been various efforts from different people recently to focus on the positive. Your claims are ridiculous, and I dont' see you doing much to restore the pride that you say is oh so missing from this place.
Report Post Tip
Well, Speak for yourself Agent86.

Because yes there is respect in wearing The 13th badge. And most probably any other family's badge.

Maybe not when you are a gangster, or goomba. They are not around to command respect, they are not here to do much more than steal purses, Rob the odd 7-11 and do a few deals here and there. They are new to the life and need to work theyre way up. What else can you expect of them? How should they show pride? Any suggestions?

Real respect and pride comes when you get made, thats when you Start to get respect from the more important people.

And i have absoloutly no desire to "ride the coat tails of my parent's" or neither do i "have no desire for anything greater."

So i as i say, speak for yourself.
Report Post Tip
i will say that i believe you two are the ones not reading and leave it at that I have read the streets and can see where the activity is.

I will no longer respond to your attack on my character cause I'm not looking for a bullet to be put in my head for being disrespectful to a crew leader.

Good day.
Report Post Tip
Well thats a real good thing to say whilst discussing Pride,

Somone leaves the debate for fear of aggression. Thats real Pride. Well done Anthony.
Report Post Tip
You are an earner, so dont even have the rank to truly become a member of a family.

You earn money for your boss at this point, nothing else.

Speeches like this really re-enforce the view of not having an opinion till you have your button would be worthwhile.
Report Post Tip
I earn my share for the family, and I respect my betters in the community.

I was never asking that the people be humbled by my glory, or to show me personally any kind of undue respect.

My issue is with an utter lack of enthusiasm I, in my own personal opinion, perceive within our world.

Ask yourselves, "by what street exploits has my crew made itself appealing to perspective members?"

What separates one crew from the next these days?

What would make a prospective member of the community go, "I'm gonna try my damn hardest to be a member of that crew" as opposed to just linking up with the first open spot they see?

I'm glad to see my opinion met with criticism, and to see people taking pride in their leadership, and perhaps I am wrong I merely presented my own views on the world as I see it.
Report Post Tip
I don't think its important at all for Gangsters to think "I'm gonna try my damn hardest to be a member of that crew".

I think it would be much more beneficial if they all thought "I`m gonna try my damn hardest to be a respected, high earning, useful and positive member of that crew, and get my arse made"
Report Post Tip
Well Joker, I agree it is important for one to aspire to greatness. However shouldn't the leadership want those aspiring to get made to be in their family?
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Shelter From the Storm
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL