Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 27 - 11:56:08
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Ramen in a Box Started by: HERA on Oct 01, '22 15:54

A small shop sits between tall buildings in the business district of Detroit. The shop itself looks like a red, cube shaped box, with yellow rope-like strands hanging down the walls to look like noodles. A bright yellow neon signboard says the name of the shop beside the door.

Ramen in a Box

Inside, there are 2 small tables with enough space for 2 people to sit at each and a sofa at the side for people to wait. It wasn't an ideal place to sit and eat and hence the noodles are served in boxes, for takeways. And because ramen with broth are difficult to be served in paper boxes, they are carefully packed in leakproof plastic containers that can be reused or returned to the shop for coupons. It is a nice business strategy as it will make customers visit again.

For those dining in, their ramen is served in square shaped bowls to resemble boxes. 

Menu

Japanese

1. Shoyu Ramen (Soy sauce flavored broth - beef/pork/vegetable)

2. Tonkotsu Ramen (Cloudy broth made from pork/beef bones)

3. Miso Ramen (Simple broth made with Miso paste)

4. Tantanmen (Japanese brothy version of Chinese DanDan Noodles containing thick broth made with soy milk and sesame paste)

Chinese

1. Lo mein (Stir fried vermicelli noodles with mixed vegetables and meat/seafood)

2. Dandanmian (Spicy sauce usually containing preserved vegetables, chili oil, Sichuan pepper, minced pork, and scallions served over noodles)

3. Liangpi (Flat noodles mixed with spicy dressing)

Korean

1. Kimchi Ramen (Broth made with fermented vegetable side dish, kimchi)

2. Jap chae (Stir fried glass noodles)

3. Bibim Naengmyeon (Cold, spicy and slightly sweet noodles)

4. Kalguksu (Knife-cut noodles in seafood broth)

5. Jajangmyeon (Noodles in black bean sauce)

Others

1. Cheesy Ramen (Spicy stir fried noodles mixed with melted cheese)

2. Milk Ramen (Broth with milk added)

3. Pad thai (Rice noodle dish from Thailand)

4. Pho (Rice noodles and meat in a herbal broth, a Vietnamese dish) 

5. Shemai (A dessert made from vermicelli and milk)

A variety of different toppings are available that you can choose by yourself to put on your noodles. There are different types of meat, seafood and vegetables to choose from, as well as different cheeses. 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $200,000 Tip

SilentAssassin did enjoy fine dining and has enjoyed many restaruants but as he walked along corktown he surprising saw this location. He was impressed how simple but enjoyable the atmosphere seemed ot be. it seemed like an hou r but it took 5 minutes for SA to pick his cuisine. he stepped up to the counter and cleared his throat. "im .going to get teh Kag-La-su noodles with shrimp scallops and lobster if you have those as topping choices. Do you have any sweet rolls or buns that can be filled with meat here too?

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Hera happened to be in Detroit and in her Ramen shop when SilentAssassin came to order a bowl of ramen. The young man at the counter seemed confused by his order. 

"I am telling you we don't have any KagLasu noodles here. In fact, i don't think you'll find anywhere!" 

Hera overheard him speaking and went over to check what was going on. 

"What happened, Steven? I told you to be nice to the customers. You can't be rude like this."

She enters the shop and finds SA there. 

Steven frowned. "But- he's trying to order something that's not on the menu!" 

"And what is it?"

"He wants some KasLaGu noodles."

"I said KagLasu noodles," SA spoke up. 

"Yeah whatever. You'll find neither anywhere."

Hera sighed. "Bring him a bowl of Kalguksu ramen."

She turned to SA. "I'm so sorry for the misunderstanding. This bowl is on me. Come, have a seat."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

S.A follows HERA to the seating area as Steven brings him his noodles with a annoyed but emberrased look as HERA scowls at him. "i know i aint the sharpest knife in the drawer but how could you not figure out what i meant? i pointed at the sign too! " "anyway if i ask for taht again at least  you will know what i mean" *tips him 2 dollars

"may i ask...have i seen you in LA somewhere? or do you have a twin sister over there you dont know about?" chuckles as he enjoys his noodles and seafood

Report Post Tip

Isa was hungry but she had no idea what she had a taste for. Nor did she feel much like cooking. It was another dreary day with much rain. Going outside was not too appealing either. She looked out her window and just across the street she spotted a new food business in LV. It's settled. She grabs her bag and umbrella and heads out the door. 

Upon her arrival she spotted her new bestie. "HERA congrats on the grand opening of your new business!" I had no idea you were going to open up in LV."

"What a pleasant surprise!"

Isa wants to taste everything on the menu. She decides she will order the cheesy ramen to go.  

Report Post Tip

"Oh, ramen, heck yeah!" Sara yanked the door open to the shop with a big smile on her face. She'd heard the place was owned by HERA , and everything that goddess touched seemed to turn to gold, so Sara knew she was about to enjoy the best noodles she'd ever have. 

She paused a moment to touch one of the hanging yellow strands of 'noodle' on the wall (brilliant idea) and then proceeded up to the counter and waited her turn. The place was hopping, but Sara didn't mind the wait at all. That pho was going to be worth every minute.

Report Post Tip

People have such a fascination with the need to constantly eat, Maddix would never understand it, he only ate once a day, or once every few days if Elliot wasn't around to "remind" him, however he was certain that Elliot deliberately went out of his way to be extra vocal about his so-called need because he knew how much it pissed Maddix off.

"As usual I am well aware of your very annoying and inconvenient need to eat, Elliot. I told you we will stop at the next appropriate place I see. Or shall I do the both of us and the general population and my wallet a favor by removing your teeth or wiring your jaw shut?" Maddix was leaning towards the last option as they continued to walk.

Before Maddix could further add to his promise of bodily harm, he spotted a small shop wedged in-between the standard tall buildings that made up the business district. The shop named "Ramen in a Box". The name and shop were certainly something you didn't see every day and Elliot wanted food. 

This would have to do. Maddix was in no mood to walk any further.

"You wanted something to eat? Well, here we are. I'm sure even you cannot possibly mess up a noodle order. Although..." Maddix trailed off as he opened the door to the shop, giving Elliot a look as he passed him, a look that was daring him to say something. Thankfully for Elliot and the others inside the shop, he remained silent.

Report Post Tip

SilentAssassin was eating his noodles and suddenly asked Hera if he had seen her in LA before or if she had a twin sister there.

"I'm sure that was me, SA. And that's how I know you. I will let you enjoy your ramen, see you around." 

She gave him a smile and turned around to find Isabella entering the shop.

"HERA congrats on the grand opening of your new business!" I had no idea you were going to open up in LV."

Hera was confused. Was she hearing something wrong? She was pretty sure she was in Detroit.

"Hi Isabella. Have you been getting enough sleep, bestie? We're in Detroit right now." 

She seemed genuinely concerned.

Report Post Tip

Isa gets word that her bestie HERA was genuinely concerned for her. She must set out to assure her no need for concern and head on out to the Ramen in a Box immediately

Upon entering the establishment, she was greeted and politely told the young man she was not here to eat today. "I need to speak with HERA. Is she in her office?" The young man nods and signals for me to take a seat at the back table in the corner. 

HERA looking charming as usual takes a seat across from Isa. "How are you dear?" she asks. I am concerned for you. You do realize my business is located in Detroit?"  Before she could say another word Isa assured her, she was fine and explained that her head is programmed to LV. Sometimes she has to exit LV due to the smelly cauliflower Hobbs is wearing and after a few hours forgets she is away from home. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Ian has been to all the Ramen shops he could find around the States but a few could make a bowl of ramen as authentic as Ramen in a Box. He had come across this shop by accident when he was looking for another shop. The interesting decor of the small building made him curious and he entered it at once. 

Inside, he had to wait in a queue as there were many other customers waiting for their turn. When it was finally time to order, he couldn't choose a ramen dish from the various kinds on the menu and a woman from behind him started getting annoyed at him. 

At last he went for a bowl, or a box, of Jajangmyeon. He had to take it home as the place was already full. Back in this hotel room, Ian opened the box of black bean noodles and the aroma spread around his room, reminding him of his grandma who would cook him Jajangmyeon as a kid. Even though it didn't taste the same as his grandma's, it was still as good as one would find in the restaurants in Korea. 

Report Post Tip

Fighting against CorktownCL's crew in the icy cold made Hiro hungry. And then he remembered there was a ramen place down the block which he has passed on the way to the fight.
Since it was kinda quiet for the moment, he decided to run down the block to have a quick bite and warm up a little.

After entering the shop, Hiro hung his coat on the chair and put his hat on the table. He could already feel himself warming up a little. He then ordered himself 2 Miso Ramen to dine in. He also ordered 2 of each ramen variety to go.
Once his Miso ramens was served, he quickly finished them up as the ramens to go were almost ready.

Putting his coat and hat back on, Hiro went to the counter to pick up his order and paid the nice lady. He then rushed out the store and made his way back to the guys holding the position, trying very hard not to drop the food. He didn't want to go too slow either as he'd like the others to have a warm meal as well.

Several minutes had passed, but Hiro made it. Only 1 box of ramen got destroyed, luckily he had ordered slightly more than it was needed.
He quickly passed the boxes around while everyone else was holding their positions behind cover.

"Here guys, I got us some ramen down the block. It's warm and pretty good. Eat up when you can. Don't let it get cold."

Report Post Tip

Carter wrapped up his business meeting in the Central park. He had a couple meetings to attend to, before his night ended. He had asked EdwinDelemos to meet him at the Michigan Station. Meanwhile Carter was famished and starving. He would never sacrifice his sleep or food for anyone, however he decided when he wanted to sleep, which could have been anytime...At times he'd run on for 48 hrs straight without a sleep and still be pumping as if he just got up from bed and took a shower. 

He was looking for something to grab to eat, when he was this little Shop : Ramen in a Box. It was a small setup in between all those tall sky scrappers. He walked in and ordered Tantanmen Japanese Ramen. He wanted to eat and have it there, while enjoying the busy night. 

The guy from the restaurant quickly handed him the Ramen, as it was a quick stop service. Carter added some extra spice and chilli towards it. 

He took a moment and lit up a cigarette and gathered his thoughts together while eating away. His next meeting was lined up, however he wasn't worried about being late, as it was one of his own guys he was meeting up with

Report Post Tip

SilentAssassin came back to DT on a big business deal with a few associates. it was time for He and Ginger to be together this time. SA usually splits up duties between his BGs so not to show any kind of preference between them since they all had diversified skills that he valued.

"How come you dont open up anything in Detroit sir?" Ginger asked as they both order Kulguksu ramen noodles and sat down waiting for it to eb prepared

"Ging..im still a bit bitter over the war that took my uncles life. i talked to a guy named Salvatore Luciano whom my uncle Killshot brought into the life and showed him the way and he said the order to attack DT took them both by surprise but they followed orders for the family. "

The clerk brought them their noodles steaming hot and smelling delicious. they began to eat not caring how messy it was quickly becoming while laughing and slurping. After they quickly finished Ginger looked at her boss "So what happened to this..Salvatore?"

S,A wiped his mouth with his napkin and sat back deciding to hold off on lighting up a cigar until they got in the car. "Well after it was said and done Sal and a few other surviving members of the Chicago families sought refuge in other families in the country . Sal became a Diamond Dog in Philly when i came into the life. He begged me to join the Dogs there and then but the excitement and potential riches Las Vegas had at the time were too good for me to pass up.  i had dollar signs in my eyes and dreamt of running an empire on the strip with the Fallen Angels. That did not come to fruition as they got wiped out and i barely escaped with my life.  Before i decided to join the Diamond Dogs myself ,  Sal he got gunned down by a crooked cop that was probably on the payroll of a Detroit or former Detroit scumbag. "

Ginger was silent for a moment and then said "Ya know just recently Detroit was overrun again by rogue families of The Unwanted and Chicago helped to take them out.  Sounds to me they have put the past to rest. maybe you should do that too and oepn your eyes to possible financial opportunites here. im just saying boss not tryin to tell you what to do... i know better."

SilentAssassin shut his eyes for a brief moment and took a deep breath. "Maybe you are right Ginger. Personal grudges dont make people rich too often"

They put their coats on, paid for the meal with a tip and drove off to explore any potential Detroit could offer S.A

Report Post Tip

Ian came back to Ramen in a Box to get some noodles for lunch. He ordered some cheesy ramen and ate it while he sat there. There weren't many people today in the restaurant as it was the holiday season with people being busy. 

The ramen was spicy but the level of spice was balanced by the creaminess of the cheese. He also ordered some Shemai after having the ramen to give his tastebuds a bit of sweetness to recover from the spiciness.

Report Post Tip

Jurian was hungry but not for something he could get everyday. His palettes craved for something unique and as he was thinking, in the middle of the street, he shot a glance to his right and there was his answer. A small building designed in an oddly shaped way. It really stuck out to him. Jurian, no longer standing in place, was on the move towards the cubed establishment when suddenly he noticed he left his wallet at his hotel room.

An unfortunate turn of events but not all hope was lost. There was some clueless fella positioned just right for the picking. As they crossed the streets, opposing each other, Jurian bumped shoulders with the man, apologized and put the wallet that he swiped into his pocket. 

"Still as swift as ever" Jurian smirked. 

Entering inside Ramen in a Box was rather simple as the place was built for takeout. Somehow that made the whole process less complicated than a traditional restaurant. Jurian perused over the menu, cleared his throat then order, "I'll have the miso ramen please."

<font color="#B4B4B4">He reached for the wallet, grabbed a handful of cash and paid the total plus more. While doing so, he made a quick note of the man's license. Jerry, what a lame name. His</font> attention<font color="#B4B4B4"> was grabbed when the man behind the register had wait for his order elsewhere. </font>

<font color="#B4B4B4">"Oh.. right!"</font>

<font color="#B4B4B4">Jurian sat onto the sofa. It was comfortable piece of furniture. Reminded him of his visit in Philly, where most furniture were built by the Amish. High quality stuff. He wondered if the sofa was also built there and shipped here but he wouldn't dare ask.</font> 

His name was called out once his order was complete. He stood up with his hand slightly raised then approached the counter to grab it.

"Thanks"

Report Post Tip

S.A b rought a few of his BGS to enjoyu some ramen noodles. Detroit become a more comfdrtable place ot be in. He reached out to IANYU and Nuccio offering pleasantries to bury any anamosity from the previous wars between the two cities

he approached and looked at thne counter to find the same rude greasy hair fella that served him for the very fist time

"hello Steven can you get me some Kaglklusu noodles please?"  oh please say its not on the menu please say you wont find it anywhere like the little wiseass you were before.. i think my p0eople here would love to kick the shit out of a little punk like you.

Steven stammered and shook remembering vividly how rude he was to SA and how the owner put it on the house and raked Steven over the coals.

He nods "y-yes the ...seafood one yes sir" "a-anything else f-for your friends here?"

They placed their order.and ate their meal.

After they got up to leave S.A grabbed steven by his shirt and pulled him towards him " i hope you dont treat anyone like ou did to me. You would have been eating througha straw for the rest of your life if  your boss didnt step in. Now this experience was much better .My people were pleased. keep it that way" S.A gives steven a slap across the cheek and shoves him back to exit

Ian walks into Ramen in a Box and is greeted warmly by the staff. They recognize him as a regular customer and ask him how his day is going.

"Good to see you again, Ian!" one of the staff members says with a smile. "What can we get for you today?"

Ian looks at the menu, already familiar with the different options, and decides to order the Tantanmen with extra vegetables and beef.

As he waits for his order, Ian strikes up a conversation with the staff, asking about their day and how business is going. They tell him that they are busy but are happy to see familiar faces like his.

When his order is ready, Ian takes his plastic container of noodles and heads out of the shop. He enjoys the familiar taste of the spicy broth and the tender beef that he has come to love.

As he finishes his meal, Ian realizes that Ramen in a Box has become more than just a place to get a quick meal. It has become a familiar and comfortable place where he can relax and enjoy good food.

Ian decides to make Ramen in a Box a regular spot for his lunch breaks and looks forward to trying new dishes from the menu. He leaves the shop with a smile, already looking forward to his next visit.

Report Post Tip

Mel has been in search of good ramen for a while. Since returning from Korea, she hasn't found a place selling authentic ramen, but today luck is on her side as she notices what seems like a gigantic box with noodles falling down the sides. 

She tells her cab driver to pull up in front of the unique shop she just discovered and gets down after paying him. Today she must eat her ramen!

Mel goes inside the small restaurant and waits in line for a table to clear. When she finally finds one, she takes a seat and orders a bowl, or to be exact, a box of kimchi ramen. 

The ramen arrives, steaming hot, and is placed in front of her. The pungent and spicy aroma of the kimchi stew takes her back to her homeland and a bite of the bouncy noodles with the crunchiness of the kimchi brings her a warmth she hasn't felt in quite some time. 

Finishing up her bowl of ramen, she makes sure to tip the waiter generously and leaves some tip for the cook as well. She then leaves the restaurant with both her stomach and mind content.

Report Post Tip
Silentassassin always mDe it a point to stop in at Ramen in a,box fir his favorite dish Kagluku or seafood brother ramen. A few changes,we're made since his last visit but all cosmetic.
He sat down with his ramen a can of coke abd if course a,stack of napkins because its hard not to be messy with hot broth and pasta.
A couple of local boys came in and started to chit chat while waiting for the order
"So..what's the container look like on the truck?" Asks the younger black haired man. The older balding man throws,his hands up "jeesh Sammy hiw many times,do I need to tell ya? It's a banana,crate full of Barnabas,but the packing around the inside is where the product is."
Sammy nods "gotcha Vito how much?" Vito thinks "hmm according to Melizzano 250k minimum"
Upon hearing this S.A grins "gentleman I couldn't help but hear about your "parcel" I know Joey very well. Let's,sit abd talk cause I think you just landed a,buyer before uts delivered." S.A looks at them with dollar signs in his eyes
Report Post Tip

"Well, ain't this a sight for sore eyes!" Hera boomed, her voice as rich as the pork belly in the shoyu broth. "Thought I'd find cobwebs instead of customers!"

The chef chuckled his bushy eyebrows dancing like jitterbugs. "Customers? Honey, you built a noodle empire! Place hasn't missed a beat while you were off struttin' your stuff."

Hera winked, her smile bright. "My crew, bless their cotton socks, they're the real heroes. But tell me, have they been keepin' the chili extra spicy, just how I like it?"

The chef's grin widened. "Hotter than a July sidewalk, just for you, queen bee."

Hera surveyed the mountain of toppings. "Ooh, crispy onions dancin' like hula girls, and that bamboo lookin' like it tangoed with a panda and won! You even got the Jell-O eggs wigglin'! Now, hand me a bowl big enough for a chorus line, 'cause I'm catchin' up on lost slurpin' time!"

And with that, Hera grabbed her chopsticks, ready to dive into a symphony of noodles, broth, and flavor, the queen of Ramen in a Box back on her throne.

Detroit Business District
Replying to: Ramen in a Box
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL