Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 00:37:17
Page:  1 
Are you ready for war? Started by: Samoda on Oct 04, '22 05:10
Geopolitical tensions are the highest they've been in our lifetimes. The war in Ukraine and Russia's complete fumble in the theater have painted the aggressors into a corner. They are nearly out of equipment (what little they had), trained men, and supplies (from 1970).

As more bad news piles in for the Russians, do you think Putin will push the button and either test or use a nuclear weapon? The chances of a nuclear weapon being used haven't been this high since 1962 and arguably higher now. If that were to happen an unprecedented response would come from the West. How do you think the West should respond?

We have lived in one of the greatest eras of peace in human history. But, history teaches us there is always the next war. Do you think you, your community, your country are ready for it?

These last few years we've all endured will be written about in history books. We are living in unprecedented times.
Report Post Tip

There Are at Least 27 Live Conflicts Right Now. According to the Council on Foreign Relations's Global Conflict Tracker, there are currently 27 ongoing conflicts worldwide.

This is not the greatest era of peace, we only say shit like that because its not in our country.  

Report Post Tip
27 is a very low number when history is viewed though a wide lense.

When you also take into account historical stats when it comes to homicide, rape, serious assault, this is easily one of the greatest eras of peace and prosperity. When you factor in how war is generally conducted where solider and civilian life was nothing more than an afterthought and torture was not only lawful but encouraged, it is astronomically safer.

But I understand your feeling of fear. We aren't quickly hurtling towards worse times.
Report Post Tip

Nobody is never ready for war. All the panic and fear.

I feel sorry for all those lil children who either die or loose their parents 

Report Post Tip

I wouldn't call it a war, more like a nuclear catastrophe. Once of them babies gets dropped and all the radioactive toxins spread throughout the world its night night for all.

Report Post Tip

I really hope that nuclear war does not happen because then we're all done for. Maybe the rich who have access to bunkers/spaceships will be okay... but in all seriousness, I hope it doesn't go that far.

Report Post Tip

I live across the river from the UK's nuclear deterrent... if there is a war, it's been nice knowing y'all - peace out.

Report Post Tip

I mean -- I do genuinely hope that I would die should there be a nuclear war rather than to survive and deal with the aftermath. I mean -- what would be the point of trying to survive in a post-nuclear apocalypse? 

I envy those who live in D.C. -- lucky bastards.

Report Post Tip
I live in Qatar....these people tend to keep themselves to themselves. I do see lots of flyovers of fighter jets on practise runs. For such a small country, they're very well equipped.
Report Post Tip

I live nearone of the project sites they had for the Manhattan Project... If there's nuclear war I'm probably going bye-bye as well. I hope not though!

Report Post Tip

Nah, they're not going to use the bomb, not against civilians, neither against soldiers, they have nothing to earn from it. Also because they wouldn't have the equipment for their soldier to operate in radioactive environments and stuff, they would just put the rest of the world still kind of supporting them turn their backs.

Report Post Tip

Definitely a strange time, I’m thinking these are all bluffs honestly. No tactical advantage on either side and it’d just ruin any reputation Putin had left.

Dude’ll just keep blabbering and he can’t call it a “war” anyway in the first place.

Report Post Tip

Although i don't expect nukes to fall, nothing would surprise me on dirty bombs, and the claims by Russia, that Ukraine tried to use them on them.    We have seen how much propaganda features in this war, and how people aren't on the same page e.g Russia blames Ukraine for train station bombing, Belarus blames UK

I think Russia like China live in a dangerous world where state and media and so tightly bound truth dissapears and India can be  similar when i stayed there.    I am honestly suprise the west hasnt pushed more weapons into Ukraine especially after weapons to Syria, Iraq, etc over the years, but i understand between captured arms and not wanting high tech weaponry in an opponents hands is normal.

I always keep extra food here, so not overly worried, but not at the Military ration and bomb shelter stage though know the safest nuclear shelter is too far from me.with the two closest shut down one in a council office refurbishment and one as an old subterranean nuclear observation post.

Report Post Tip
Where do I start
As a X special ops soldier I would not put any hope in one of those (politicians) idiots not to launch a nuke.

However I would put more faith in the soldier who has to push the button. They know what the outcome is. I believe none of them would want to be responsible for such a devastating responsibility. Have faith your neighbor still likes you because those boys are your neighbor.

If however it does happen, hope you are someone who catches the nuke in your lap because living after the fact will be very hard if not impossible for most.

Can you make a fire, can you purify water, can you hunt and clean your own food, do you know how to plant and grow a garden. The world will be blasted back to the past of people raising and surviving on their own crops and hunting abilities.

If a nuke does come it will be a smaller tactical one on a specific target.
Then all you can hope on is the launching country tracking and placement abilities.

So let's hope the most of us catch one of those buggers.
Report Post Tip

Tough one to say. Putin is most definitely unstable and what he could do is very unpredictable. I’d say the sooner that he’s not in power the better for the betterment of the whole world.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
This war will get nuclear real quick, its impossible to be ready for it.

It's just a shame so many world leaders are insane and clueless nowadays.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Are you ready for war?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL