Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 22:34:46
Page:  1 
Friendly Fire Started by: Apathy on Apr 14, '08 17:38
Apathy comes out of the HQ and walks up and down the street muttering to himself. He punches the odd passer by out of frustration, and even fires a few rounds from his gun into a dog in the park .He wanders around a bit more and tries to comprehend what the hell is going on in society today. There is far too much to go into detail on every single issue, so he tries to focus on a few things that have his attention right now. He stops pacing and heads to the top of the stairs of an office building and gathers some people around. His age and stress levels show in the lines of his face and the greying hairs on his head. Far too many storms have passed over him and they are slowly taking their toll. Apathy begins to speak...

"Normally I would come out here and address the masses and start my speech with Friends and Family, I gather you here today etc...

But today is different; I am not too sure how many friends I really have anymore. What did old Apathy do to get such a reaction from not just your everyday people, but people whom he thought were closer to him than anyone? Well I made a response in a discussion. A post that merely stated that this certain RULE actually did exist at some point in time.

I merely did it as the whole scheme of things in that particular discussion had gotten a little off track and started to debate whether the rule existed or not. I tried to shed some light on it, as my ancestor, MickyFinn, was indeed one of the leaders who agreed to the RULE that was spoken of. (I refuse to speak about what rule it is here, as every time I do, I seem to lose more friends and gain more enemies.)

Now I did not threaten anyone with my input to the discussion, nor did I try and ram an opinion down anyone's throat. I did not try and persuade anyone to believe that any particular group's opinions were better than anyone elses. At no point in time did anyone, in their abuse towards me, ask any details about the RULE.

Yet I struck a chord with a few people (names withheld as any discussions were in private with these people) as I was screamed at like I was caught stalking children in a clown suit. I was spoken to like I was a fucking peon, who these individuals felt was beneath them.

So when the private conversation was done with one person, another seemed to take their place. I deduced this from the continual messages I was receiving, outlinging some form of distaste for the words I had spoken. Hell, I even got the old "drop this or else!' message. I found this really strange, as I had not publicly argued anything, anywhere, other than in private.

Mind you, any words I said in private were so far from an argument it wasn't even funny. It was more listening to abuse. Now what is so strange about this, is the fact that all of these people I considered my close friends. Yes I have spoken to one of them and everything seems to be back in order after a lengthy discussion. I thought it was over with...yet I received 3 more messages today and another a few minutes ago (mind you that one was more of a WTF?).

All the same..all people I considered friends..all saying the same stuff...Hell I even got the impression that I was being called a CP bleeding heart patriot. Well I do not see the CP tag on me anywhere. I do not wave a CP banner. I do not run about preaching about a CP lifestyle.

I am in a family that happens to be run by someone who founded CP. I do not think CP is anything that anyone should be able to join. There is a select group that I have always known to be CP. That CP tag I feel is their thing. They should have it to themselves, as it is their heritage to begin with.

What am I then? I am a businessman...a businessman who happens to be loyal to his current boss. Just like every other ancestor in my bloodline. Maybe old Apathy here has been hanging around those Coffee shops too much. It seems that the two worlds have a pretty big impact on my persona right now.

If anyone else has any abuse to direct towards me for a few simple words, please take heed of this warning. I am done being NICE! You wanna talk down to me and threaten me with bullshit? Bring it! I welcome it with open arms and this has fuck all to do with where anyone's loyalties lay!

You people decided to make this a personal thing, NOT ME!

Apathy takes a swig from a flask in his pocket and takes a few deep breaths before addressing another issue.

Someone, somewhere, has spoken recently about the CP taking out people because they were a threat for various reasons, ranging from having a good gun, to trying to form underground alliances to overthrow the current regime .It has also been said that you could easily change the CP name tag to Librizzi, DiscoDuck, UN, Ganelon or any other regime who had all the power and the story would stay the same. Nobody got to the top without takedowns and violence. I can fucking guarantee that some of those who are bitching me out right now are very hypocritical if they do not agree that "society's approval was NOT a big concern at the time". When they did the exact same thing to stay in power.

Apathy is interrupted by a man in mid speech, who hands him a message...Apathy reads it and laughs

Ok, well I guess I am gonna get shot now....fucking lovely! My dear friends are just such a lovely group of people right now.Anyways, again the above statement is a fact and I am merely stating a FACT! Not an opinion! Maybe the fact that I am NOT a CP,and I said something that sided with the CP is the issue? Naw! that shit would never be an issue would it? (The next statement is for all of you who have messaged me with bullshit,except for the one who I have made peace with already)

So do as you wish. If attacking a friend for stating a fact is what is gonna make your fucked up lives a little bit more liveable, then let it happen and come get me.

Apathy walks down the steps and heads down the street. He has a flag over his shoulder and it reads: Apathy by name, Apathy by nature!
Report Post Tip
It's a sad day when, so blinkered by their own misguided hatred, people turn on those they call friends. A sad day indeed.
Report Post Tip
In the world we live in we perform acts of crime as a way of life. We take peoples lives and we do it because thats how the world works. These things do not bother me.

This speech bothers me greatly, it sickens me to think that some people will actually go this far. As Sprozington said this is indeed a sad day that you have received such abuse old friend.

Some people are saying that CP need to take their heads out of their asses. The people who have mailed you threatening you for confirming some facts and voicing your opinion are the ones who need there rectal cavities emptied.
Report Post Tip
Don't you know, Apathy? Truth is irrelevant in politics. Winning the argument is more important than being honest or relying on facts. At least, that is, to those who cannot rely on the truth or the facts to support their arguments.
Report Post Tip
It sickens me that such stereotypying and myopic behaviour has been applied to yourself Apathy and others who have not spoken out yet.

Indeed, all I can is agree with what you have said and note that although at all times one is accountable for opinions they should not be threatened or abused by individuals who in fact account to little more than ghosts in the wind.

In view of this I would reitorate that if any such threats occur please do escalate them to the leadership level and they will be dealt with as soon as possible. This sort of agressive pissing contest from limited individuals over nothing but conjecture is unnecessary and detrimental to our development.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Friendly Fire
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL