Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 14:42:08
Help
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Tipping Started by: Poppy on Oct 17, '22 06:30

Wishing to understand please the game feature of tipping for drug prices that exclude the city you are in? I am sure there must be a logic to it but struggling to see it. So many times I have tipped for prices (making sure I am doing it outside of a potential drug price change time for each city) and flown to find the price where I was was much better. One could argue ask around on chat but this kind of makes tipping not an option that is really an option when you pay for info that takes you somewhere with drugs at a lower rate. All insights gratefully received! Well the polite ones anyway! 

Report Post Tips: 18 / Total: $360,000 Tip
Yeah I too have tipped for a specific drug price high and when I fly there it's either lower from current price or it'll be median to what other cities call high. 7500-8100
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

You are paying a sketchy guy to give you the location of the highest price for drug X. He knows you are in City Y, so he checks all other cities and tells you city Z. This is not a guarantee of the highest price in game, just the highest city price outside of your current location... i mean if you are sitting in DT, why would he say the current highest price is DT, you are sitting right there and can see the drug prices. At the end of the day its a tip, not a guarantee, as with all criminal endeavours

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The wording is: Bribe an officer for drug specific price information

That kind of says it all - specific. Even if the tip came back as something like: don't waste your flight ticket just now - or something. Why pay for a tip when you are located in the city with the best price if the tipster has all the specific info on the drug prices? Another alternative could be - word is say CH is paying top dollar and to show the price even with the tip so you do your own maths looking at the price yourself in the city you are in. 

Sorry, but Drug specific price information simply means information for a specific drug, rather than a specific city, or drugs in general. It does not mean that it is suppling high quality information.

I agree with your Harvey, you must select the specific drug for specific information about where is most profitable for that drug. It does not include the city you are in. 

If you tipped to ask who's grave to rob only to find there wasn't a grave that wouldn't work either for example. To tip for the best price for a specific drug to me just doesn't make sense not to include the city you are in. As mentioned a message maybe to say no need to fly or to give the specific price at the time you tip so you can compare to your city to see if there is a benefit to travelling would make sense.

Report Post Tip

Seems like a strange mechanic to pay for if its not accurate im sure there is a reason its not as specific as we would like

Report Post Tip

It is accurate.  It shows the most profitable trade routes for the closer cities so you didn't tie up your flight timer for 12 hours for a single trade.

But we hear you, we have now added a 2nd option which is the same but for nationwide pricing.

FBN Agent Jim Howe
Bribe an agent for the best local drug route. Gain permission to carry more units.

FBN Agent Jim Howe
Bribe an agent for the best nationwide drug route. Gain permission to carry more units

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Help
Replying to: Tipping
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL