Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:12:03
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
The evil word. Started by: Lana on Sep 01, '11 05:42

I don't believe anyone has questioned the decisions of leaders Luca? If you're talking about my statement of "What if the Godfather of the city puts a city wide ban on the practice within their city?" then please be rest assured it was a question to Lana. I'm aware I didn't make that clear.

Also, I have always been a firm believer that you can express your opinion with out being disrespectful to anyone. A statement made in the right manner would definitely not be seen as disrespectful. I'm also under the opinion that if you can't express and opinion with respect then you shouldn't be on the streets.

T-Man, Although I value your input and I like your idea... Would it not be better suited over on Suggestion Avenue? Might get some proper thought and interest over their.

Report Post Tip

First off, I would like to say that I am offended by the allegations that I am a liar, cheater,killer, graverobber and all round bad guy.  I am an exaggerator, make my own advantages, gene pool cleaner, night time cardio enthusiast, and a journalist!

Anyone who thinks that shooting and mugging are the same thing have never been shot!  Yes, respect people's wishes.  But, also, quit being babies!  If you don't want all your money taken from you, then use a bank.  It's simple.  It's easy.  It's not worth the fuss!

Picking pockets is a game to us!  $5000 here, $5000 there . . . if you carry that much on you . . . it's not like we're going broke over here!  Purses and post offices are plentiful!  It's like playing tag or even hide and go seek.

And, I believe Newton said, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction."  Gone are the days when muggers just took what they wanted (although, if you mug me, and I decide I'm going to take $2 million instead of beating you up, well oops on you).  Gone are the days that getting mugged affected our ability to buy plane tickets on time.  Shooting hardly seems "equal."

Personally, I don't understand why others see it as such an insult. 

Also, the gods of our pantheon seem to see mugging as an amusing thing to watch from their own Mt. Olympus, and will often reward achieving muggers with monetary gain or even certain favours to the faithful.  I've even heard that sometimes people are rewarded with knowledge or other general life experience.  Wouldn't a crew leader be more grateful that a member receives more favours that can be used to benefit their crew and certain wisdom to their members?

But alas, not everyone wants to play games, so leave them to their more serious pursuits.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm . . . allow me to re-phrase if you will . . .

Anyone who thinks that shooting and mugging are the same thing have never been shot!  Yes, respect people's wishes.  But, also, quit being babies!  If you don't want all your money taken from you, then use a bank.  It's simple.  It's easy.  It's not worth the fuss!

That comment was not meant to, in any way, disparage those who do not wish to be mugged.  Merely as a way of explaining that if you do wish to play the mugging game there are ways of not losing $5,000 at a time.  I do not mug those who do not wish to be mugged (except on two drunken occasions, and my deepest apologies were immediately offered).  Unless someone says they're up for a good game of "fondle the pocket" I don't bother them.  Imagine if I ran around touching people with a baseball yelling "You're out!"  Well, that'd just be plain funny!

And, I've asked certain leaders about their no-mugging stance in their city.  I was informed that if a tourist in their fine city was okay with the ol' "Wiggle the wallet" then I may play with them.  But, I did ask first.

The fact is, mugging is still as controversial as which came first . . . the chicken crossing the road or "knock knock."  Therefore mugging is a lot like The Lord's Prayer.  Unless you know if you're asking forgiveness for debts or tresspasses, it's best to just avoid it all together.

Report Post Tip

Draven ponders a few things as she listens to Lana, and then checks her pockets and sighs.

I remember my past ancestors having suits made of people's names from which she picked their pockets. She loved doing it. Draven wonders for a moment why she hasn't attempted the skill.

Some are very much against it, but I must say I agree with you. This pickpocketing isn't as mugging was, and you lose ohh $5,000 max.. She looks at her money and shrugs. I know that's a lot at one time, but well it could be a lot worse, and it lets the kids have their fun. After all we all have our own little things that makes us happy.

She removes her do not pp sign from her butt and grins. I guess my pockets are open, if I haven't banked. She laughs a bit as she hopes to not feel someone's hand slip in her pockets to much.

Report Post Tip

Sweeney in the back listening to the speech. While he was drinking his Mnt Dew when he heard the word Pickpocketing. Sweeney spitted out his Mnt Dew and goes to his pocket. He takes out his pet frog Albert. Sweeney walks up to the front where people are looking at him strangely. Must be jelous of my stlye of clothes. "Tisk tisk" Sweeney said in his head. Anyways Sweeney begins to speech and looks back over to Alabama and Mrs. Doubtfire.

Well, this is my frog. And, people like Alabama and Doubtfire try to steal him. All......the.......time. Which I have no bother to attack them and punch them to get my poor ol' Albert back.

Sweeney takes a drink of his Mnt Dew and puts his frog back in his coat pocket.

But, in all seriousness. I never recall in my fathers past of a city rule not allowing to PP. Well....Oh well. Can't do it there. But, I have seven other cities to go.

Next is the people's suits looking to PP them. I don't like it like most active Pickpocketers. But, I just don't bother to be allowed to PP them. Be stupid to ask someone. Do what I do. Steal SexyBeast's money.

Sweeney cocked his head gently to the right and smiles. Then, goes off skipping to the sunset.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The evil word.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL