Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 05:30:02
Page:  1 
Cryptocurrency Started by: AssChicken on Oct 30, '22 18:50

How many of you are a part of the SHIBarmy?  Bitcoin?  Doge?  Eth?  Solana?  Cardano?  Polkadot?  etc...etc...

If you are invested in a certain crypto, tell us why?! 

I invest in Cardano, because I want to help Charles Hoskinson change the world :)

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I got into Helium and got in early enough that all my gear/sites has paid for itself, but at its current return I can't really justify expanding to more spots.  I am not a true believer in crypto at its current state, but helium's proof of coverage and its prospects in the IoT world was neat and enough for me to take the plunge.

Report Post Tip

I've dambled in investment -- at one point held Shinu, Doge, Eth, and bitcoin. I also started into minting some NFTs. I got out before the crash thankfully. I woudn't recommend investing in anything defi for the moment. Bitcoin and Defi use cases of Cryto are the most primitive and uncreative use of Blockchain tech. Helium is better, Storj, the graph and other protocols have some potential. But the real power of Blockchain hasn't been realized and it won't be until the speculation game is over. The blockchain era is in the equivalent of of the early 1990s of the dotcom era. The big crash hasn't started yet and real innovation hasn't either. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Yes everyone agrees Helium (HNT) was the most profitable of all in this crypto business. The least profitable of all for me was Cardano, infact it was the opposite of profitable because i lost money. Wish I had better financial advice at the time. 

Report Post Tip

I had gone through the hoops with Pi coin for a while, im not sure if thats still developing or if its a scam. This reminded me i have to check that.

My brother in law had mined doge when it had first came out. Lost the hard drive and now it was worth something like 50k now. Hes pretty pissed to say the least.

Report Post Tip

Without boring people with financial institution shit, in 2025 all the major banks will be switching to a global standard called ISO 20022. As for right now, to my knowledge there are only 6 cryptocurrencies that are presently ISO 20022 compliant: XRP, Cardano, XLM, Algorand, and 2 other ones I forget. I hold Cardano XRP and XLM and will probably hold onto them until at least then.

Dominar the lightning network has made BTC a lot less clunky.  Aside from that I agree with you regarding blockchain and it's overall adoption (or lack thereof) presently.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

CalJacobs, I hadn't heard about the ISO switch. that's a big deal. I've always been partial to Algo but that's big boon for Cardano and XLM as platforms. And valid point on Lightening Network. But the whole culture around BTC is maximalism and this stalwart of replacing money that's just not practical. But I'm a Bitcoin Minimalist so totally biased lol

But the whole culture around BTC is maximalism and this stalwart of replacing money that's just not practical. But I'm a Bitcoin Minimalist so totally biased lol

Dominar I haven’t gone full maxi yet but I do like the idea that there isn’t an entity or CEO behind it like everything else. But there’s too many other projects that I’m interested in to ever go full maxi I think.

I’m probably in the minority of people that think ETH is junk so I guess you could call me an ETH minimalist, even though I hold that too. Still I think BTC and ETH will be the first to see major adoption, but then again what the hell do I know. Truth is no one knows shit. Right now my MR credits are out-performing most of my holdings both in value and utility

Report Post Tip
I’m a little apprehensive telling anyone named AssChicken about my personal investments in the real world. I’m not sure if I trust that you won’t steal my ideas and make yourself a new Hugh Hefner or something. I’ll keep my secrets from the likes of you, sir.

Respectfully, of course.

*tips his hat*
Report Post Tip

I have a small amount in a bunch of different ones. Nothing too much but I'm up so far, just going to hang out for awhile.

Report Post Tip

XRP is my main one. I also have BTC, ETH, XYO, DODGE, SOL, FLARE.

dont plan to sell holding for a while 

Report Post Tip

For anyone serious in investments, you should really read up on what CalJacobs mentioned, ISO 20022.  

That is a pretty big deal.  Also, what Amosite said, be in this for the long run, there will be bear markets (like now) and bull markets.  It is very volatile, so only invest what you can afford losing!  (That should go without saying)

I got into crypto a few months back.  I use the crypto.com app and they have their own currency called Cronos, that I bought a bunch of for around .19 cents or less (down to .04 cents a piece).  Now they are hovering around .10 cents a piece, which sucks but it's okay.  I don't have much into crypto, maybe a few hundred because Crypto can be very volatile and it can hover low for a while.  I figure some people gamble that much money away, why not invest it into something that might go somewhere, or might not *shrug*

Click here: https://crypto.com/app/xm8f95ettm if you want to be referred to the crypto.com app through me and we both get 25 bucks if you buy a certain amount of crypto through their app (I can't remember how much you need to spend, but I'm thinking 100 USD).  If you're a skeptic, these people are legit.  They have investments with the UFC and a bunch of other companies and I have their debit card that I put money on and spend and receive Cronos as cash back.

Report Post Tip

I haven't dabbled into too much crypto but I did get into Dogecoin and Terra and made a hundred bucks off it or so. I've always just looked at it as a regular stock exchange that produces results and investment return way faster than regular stocks since I don't have much interest looking into the actual behind-the-scenes of it all.

Report Post Tip

Never got into it. Looking at it now, kind of happy that I didn't. I had couple friends who lost a bit on altcoins and whatnot. Not too much luckily, but it always felt like crypto was a get-rich-quick scheme. Same with the NFTs. 

Though kudos to those who made money.

Report Post Tip

Only thing i do is bee network and pi, but only as they are free pretty much, and can charge my phone at work at worse.   I thought about moving into bitcoin etc, but not to mine, just to buy and sell, but the instability of the maret means all the time, waiting for a plunge, buy in, sell out as it raises.    But i know some apps are slower this way on the when you ask to sell and when it sells, like stock apps can be.

Report Post Tip

I have money in Shib that I'm hoping... one day... will eventually go back up lol. I also mine Pi on my phone, so if that every blows up I feel like I'll have a good amount mined.

Currently, I've been thinking of minting NFTs. I have an artist who can do some unique work for me, I'm just not sure if the return on investment is work it. If anyone has recommendations on NFTs, please let me know!

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Cryptocurrency
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL