Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 01:49:02
Page:  1 
Sooo, you think youre part of a family Started by: K-Dawg on Apr 15, '08 22:29
Well you might be mistaken. To be properly in a family you have to be sworn into that family. You become a 'Man of honour', virtually untouchable. While you are moving up through the ranks within a crew, you can only ASPIRE to be part of your family.

Let me explain. There is a huge different between being a part of a crew and being part of a family. Being part of a crew means that yeah you have a sponsor, you have protection but protection to a degree. Should you do anything out of turn, should you act in any way disrespectful then more than likely you will become cannon fodder. Why? because even though you are part of a crew, you are not necessarily part of that family.

Its not easy to become a fully fledged member of a family. To do so requires you to work your ass off, excel in all you do, prove to your Boss that you are worthy, trusted, and knowledgeable in the ways of La Cosa Nostra.

I have seen more than many occassions where crew leaders have went all out on a limb to protect the lowest ranking members of their family. And for why? Do you honestly think that just because you were lucky enough to get INTO a crew that you automatically have the right to say and do what you want. Do you think that just because you are part of a crew that this makes you 'untouchable'. Think again my friend, you are very far from mistaken.

Gaining entry into a crew just gives you some breathing space to prove yourself worthy of being a member of that FAMILY.

Honour, respect, omerta, these are not just words. They are the basic principles that our society is founded upon. If you go against these basic principles, your deserve nothing but a piece of lead issued at high velocity.

Our world is sadly coming apart at the seems sometimes because some people feel that because they are part of a crew, they have an automatic licence to do and say what they feel. Its up to EVERYONE to show an example, to pull them aside and say 'Hang on there, thats dangerous, that will get you killed'

Those among us that are old school will remember a time that a non sworn in crew member, being disrespectful to a crew leader, or a FAMILY member meant certain death. What may seem a harsh sentence was the only way that people knew where they stood. So from the lowliest gangster or thug to the highest Don. In order to survive, respect had to be learned to progress through our world.
Report Post Tip
saoXcore stands and listens to the man rant about being in a family and a crew. He throws his cigarette to the ground and stomps it out, though he loves fire he has some other things on his mind.

I have to agree with you sir. You are not part of the family until you have earned it and prove that you deserve the honor. Some people mistaken being part of the crew and being part of the family. When you join a leader, you are joining his crew, but when you join the family thats when you reach the leaders inner circle and he can trust you with his life. You can only achieve that by proving your worth and busting your ass to get the appreciation you desire.

Some of the new people to our shores think that just because they join a leader that they have the right to say anything that comes to their mind without consequence, and to be honest, that pushes my buttons and annoys the hell out of me.

Enough with my ranting, I have a kitty at home to tend to.

saoXcore bows his head in respect and makes his way back to his flat.
Report Post Tip
My pappy told me that you are to represent your family by wearing a badge proudly...However, when your Boss decides that you are a trusted member of the family as you have stated above, and gives you that ceremony to Made Man, its at that point your family Representation tattooed on your arm gets some new ink. in my case it would be like this:

Sindacato dei Numeri

This is what I have tattooed on my arm now...as a member of a crew.

Proud Member of the Sindacato dei Numeri Family

This is what I would change my tattoo to when I become a made member

"But Charlie, those are just words"

Damn right! they are powerful words. Having those words tattooed on my arm would mean the everything to me...I am a proud individual
Report Post Tip
well said Charlie. Any idiot can become a member of a crew but it takes a special kind of resolve to prove yourself as a man of honour, a man fit enough that your Boss can trust you with his own life and the lives of the rest of your FAMILY. That bond, unbreakable.
Report Post Tip
A big part of what we are seems lost these days. People seem to think that once you've accepted that invite then you are part of that family. The only people who are family to you from the very beginning are those who are your mother and father.

To become a member of a family round here requires hard work and commitment and it should never be something just handed out to anyone. Those who are associates are afforded an amount of protection but they are not fully under the family umbrella until they are made.

Too many think that they can run their mouth without any consequence. While I've been out here talking about teaching the fresh off the boat we also need to know when a harsh lesson is the only one available.

But then this doesn't only apply to those new, there are those who have been around a lot longer that can lose their tongue from time to time when talking in the streets.
Report Post Tip
Talking in the streets is a big part of it for sure my friend. I have lost count of the number of people who will not open their mouth on the street because they fear they will get the same treatment as many before them have undergone. Im all for people speaking their minds, coming up with fresh ideas, fresh perspectives. That sort of street interaction can only be welcomed.
Report Post Tip
Seeing as how i am new to this whole thing ive gotta say thanks. Your rant will most likely keep me from stepping into a big pile of trouble. I gotta say that checking out what the word on the streets is going to save me some trouble and most likely my life one day. I just gotta say thanks for that one.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Sooo, you think youre part of a family
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL