Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:41:42
Page:  1 
What started it all Started by: SmokingKills on Apr 15, '08 22:42
This is a question I ask myself everytime I look in the mirror since that day.

It was a normal day like any other. I'd just come out of Al's bar, it wasn't much of a place to look at but it did surprisingly good and well my cut for protection services was worth having to to go into the dive. No sooner had I come out that I felt something tug at my back pocket. Pulling my gun, I turned round and grabbed the mugger by the neck. Looking back at me were a set of eyes that looked barely out of their teens. Releasing my grip I told the kid to get lost quickly and then made my way back to my apartment quickly.

It was the eyes I couldn't get them out of my head, I didn't know the kid but I recognised those eyes, I saw them years ago back when I first started out in this life. I'd better explain myself for you to understand.

I was 22 when I made my bones, it was fairly simple. Well as simple as it is to kill a man for the first time but hell the guy had pissed someone off and it was decided this was the moment I'd be inducted into the family. It all happened a lot quicker than I thought it would, I expected some resistance but the two heavyweights with me made sure the guy didn't cause any trouble.

We went out for a drink after to kinda celebrate, anyway after having a couple of beers I decided to make my exit. Leaving the bar I turned towards my apartment block, as I reached the steps leading up to my building a kid stepped out of the shadows noticing the knife in there hand I pulled my gun, I saw their eye's go wide just a second before I pulled the trigger.

My only real concern back then was getting rid of the body, which wasn't all that hard since I lived beside the river. Now though something changed, well I think something changed back then and I'm getting soft in my old age. After all this talk of helping those fresh off the boat I can only wonder what might have come of the kid if I'd had just threatened them with the gun instead of killing them. What they might have done with their life, what direction my life might have taken.

Damn now I've no idea where I was meaning to go with this. All I seem to do these days is question myself and what I've done.
Report Post Tip
I don't blame you one bit sir, if someone is coming at me with a knife, then I have to do what's best for me and my family. Maybe had I just scared the boy, he would've one day attacked a fellow family member. The only thing I may suggest is that you don't dump the body in the part of the river that I'm fishing. The fish never bite after there is "Live" bait already down there.
Report Post Tip
Well that happened so long ago I doubt there is any risk to the fishing. Next time though I'll be sure to watch where I dispose of my waste.
Report Post Tip
I have to agree with the both of you. If a man stepped out of the shadows weilding a knife I to would have killed him. If it is a threat directly to my life or one of my family members then I would hae gone about it in the same way. It's not that your an evil man for doing it but it's because this is all we know, Death, money, and for a very small amount of us respect. This is our life.

Mayor give me a shout so I know which stream not to dump the bodies in, Dont wanna mess up your fishin :S
Report Post Tip
Yeah I usually fish around the midwest region. Great Lakes and such. I've actually found a decent fishing buddy, his name is James Riddle Hoffa. He's taught me quite a few thing about this life of ours. I'm going to guess he's going to be around for a long time.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What started it all
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL