Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:33:32
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Blood lines and changing ways Started by: El_Nino on Sep 02, '11 12:32

Some very interesting views here and a troll in our midst trying to swap the conversation to his own means.

El_Nino sighs

EstebanoII whilst I applaud you quite brilliant impression of a village idiot, every now and then us adults wish to have a civilised conversation which to be quiet honest you seem unable to do.

Every now and then some people will stutter, mispronounce words and a multitude of other things which 99.9% of our world accept you seem incapable of understanding that people will inevitably speak like I have just said. Best advice I can give you is accept it and move on or you will forever be branded like the Clipper bloodline was previously.

Report Post Tip

I think as a general rule, a very high percentage of people make mistakes and a moderate percentage of those will repeat the same mistake again. Yet, these people are able to adapt and make good in this world. So, in answer to one of your questions El_Nino, yes it is possible for these people to change their spots. However, lose their stigma? If someone has gained a reputation for something, such as being an incomprehensible retard who cannot write a sentence without sounding like a faggot and everyone around them wishing a railroad were built were the person is standing and a high speed train come through at 120mph - long winded, but that's how I feel about some people some times, getting hit by a car just doesn't seem enough for these morons - then it becomes very difficult to shake it. I've found that I have had exceptional members before now who've had a stigma for being a pain in the ass, yet my leadership technique worked for them.

Sometimes all it takes is the patience and the ability to break down that person's barrier and talk some sense into them and they'll find themselves working hard because they feel you deserve that from them.

I will say this though. These people think that crewleaders cannot empathise with them. They think that they are alone in how they feel and that they will never be given the opportunity to succeed, and decide that they don't want this opportunity because they believe it's moot to even try. Yet I find myself changing regularly. Knowing when to speak and when to shut up is an imperative factor of being successful at any stage of our world, and this is most regularly the factor where people fall down. It's not something that can be learned overnight, it's a development that takes time and I feel anybody can achieve that if they are patient and persistent enough.

Report Post Tip

BubbleBeard tips his flask up to his mouth and grumbles, realizing that it is empty. Lighting up a cigar instead, he listens to the people who have put in their two cents on this topic. Remembering stories he heard of his ancestors, and their continual mistakes, he smirks slightly, knowing for a fact that bloodlines did have the ability to change.

Yarrr mateys, I fer one disagree with the majority here. I know fer a fact it be quite possible fer bloodlines to change their ways. Hell mateys, my bloodline was banned from Chicago for a while before GodFather Roman kindly lifted all of them, and I joined up with Chicago the first chance I got. I think it be quite obvious that I've changed the way yee scallywaggers look at me, fer I am now a Boss with New Orleans after we branched out from the windy city. While I will say that most bloodlines are just destined fer falure and fucking up, there be some of us previous mischief makers who've changed.

Report Post Tip

Here's the deal.  People approach this life from a variety of different ways.  I approach it like this.

My way of doing it is no different from yours, except that I do it differently.  It has worked in the past.  Bottom line is that my bloodlike has been a CL three times, head of a city once, a hand many more times and have had many respected wordsmiths.  I ask YOU - what have YOU done?  Why should I listen to YOU?

Report Post Tip

My way of doing it is no different from yours, except that I do it differently.

Sounds a bit contradictory, please explain.

Bottom line is that my bloodlike has been a CL three times

Failed miserably every time then aye.

Report Post Tip

My way of doing it is no different from yours, except that I do it differently.

Is that not a confusion in terms.

Report Post Tip

Oh he can't explain.

The shame of his name is now so high he has killed himself.

Report Post Tip

Too bad... i was going to ask him how many times his bloodline suicided!

Report Post Tip

Shame, he was starting to grow on me, kinda like an unwanted wart.

Report Post Tip

Bottom line is that my bloodlike has been a CL three times, head of a city once, a hand many more times and have had many respected wordsmiths. I ask YOU - what have YOU done? Why should I listen to YOU?

I laugh when you argue here with such seasoned and respected bloodlines. I remember yours. See here is the deal, some of us when CL's/City heads were respected others feared.

Yours, as I remember properly couldn't even put down a civil war revolt from a captain. Now I ask you this. Do you really think you were city head because of your illustrious achievements? I think not...from what I remember, your life was our ENTERTAINMENT!

Sooo, in short STFU, sit the fuck down and suck it up! As always, some just whine...others do something about it.

Report Post Tip

"CL three times, head of a city once"

hmmm, i can't speak for the CLs. but when you head of a city, your own people hated you. your own hands discussed you removel because you were inefficiant and inactive. you HQ wacked them. your next RHM revolted. you had to call in help. a little mouse came in and cause you even more trouble. once again you had to call for help from those bigger and better.

bottom line, i watched you do all of that and laughed. you failed spectacularly.

Report Post Tip

oh, and you killed at least 3 people who were in no way related to any of the controversy.

Report Post Tip

So in short from what people have said about your blood line in the streets, if I was wearing a cap, I would take it off.

In your blood lines life here you have achieved far more than I ever have done. Hell my blood line has never been in a bold suit, never been in a slanty suit in fact it has never been seen in a single position of power.

El_Nino lets out a sigh

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Blood lines and changing ways
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL