Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 23:41:41
Page:  1 
Tick-tock says the Clock Started by: Sureformen on Apr 16, '08 11:32
I lied. The clock never said that. It's not a talking clock unfortuantely, if it was than man would I keep that bad boy locked up in security containerz and then sell to the government calling it an alien. I am sure that would work np np calm down guyz.

Anyway, the clock is counting down to the end of my life here. I came with visions of a brighter tomorrow but not really tho, with a name that could last for all eternity, but realistically not. ANYWAY, point is, soon I get to the stage where you nastiez can kill me. I do not wnt this to happen. I don't want to die.

SO I WILL RETIRE. In all caps. Unless I can be persuaded otherwise.

Salut.
Report Post Tip
Please don't?

You want us to beg?
Report Post Tip
Begging is for the weak, and yeah... I know you're weak. But don't do it.

I just need a reason not to retire, something grand and epic such as donating my body to medical scienctists. No, you can't have that reason.
Report Post Tip
If life here has taught me something, Sureformen. It is that anyone can make it, all you need is some confidence which I know you have after making this speech and to believe in yourself my friend, working hard pays off in the end that much I do know personaly. Join a family, learn and grow with that family Sureformen.

Life is hard to go through alone, alone you are a nobody, in a family you become somebody.
Report Post Tip
I'm sure he would do as you suggest if he was still alive..
Report Post Tip
I will not tolerate abuse of the 48 hour rule.

It is not in place for you to make nice speeches about your life being forfeit to deny others the satisfaction.

It is a privilege I extend to you, as do my fellow crewleaders.

Until the Gods make it so, I will not let it be abused by those deliberately not seeking a family.
Report Post Tip
The Clock sez tick-tock indeed.

I should know, I'm a cock. Or Clock. I forget.
Report Post Tip
I'm not sure that this was an abuse of the 48 hr rule. This person did not survive for the whole 48 hrs that is given by the CL's and as there sign in the obits was not coloured they did not attack anyone, although for that I'm not sure.

What I do know is that they came to the streets asking for a reason to stay, they didn't call out any of the cl's demanding a reason but looked to the community as a whole to give them an answer.

As was noted by Dominic this person had confidence in coming out here. A confidence that if taken in by any of the community may have grown into more.

However whether this was a fresh arrival from the docks or not I do not know. But from the speech alone would suggest they knew what they were talking about when coming out here.
Report Post Tip
I would be amazed if this person were fresh off a boat. I imagine thier family has been around these streets for a while and thought they have a little "fun" with those among us with an itchy trigger finger..

It makes a mockery of our system for one such as SureForMen to come along and put themselves in the shop window announcing that they do not intend to stay here for any longer than the given 48hrs of protection. That being the case, I see no reason why someone shouldn't end thier time here for them.
Report Post Tip
This was not a new arrival.

This was someone deliberately abusing my and the other crewleaders generosity.

I give you 48 hours. You are only given 24 by the Gods.

The 24 hours you remain Gangster are allowed, for now at least, by the crewleaders.

If you decide you want to abuse what I am giving you by mocking the hitters of our world, by mailing individuals and deliberately not using those extra 24 hours to find yourself a family, then you are abusing the 48 hours rule.

It is not a right.
Report Post Tip
Yeah sorry to say that as much as dead guy would appreciate the support he was just in general being a bastard and attempting to screw the system.
Report Post Tip
And what appears to have happened is that....

He failed.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Tick-tock says the Clock
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL