Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:09:25
Page:  1 
How to live the life Started by: Tony-Da-Rossi on Sep 02, '11 22:25

i have heard that in this life a mafia man has 2 wives:the family he belongs to and the woman he marrys in the church, the family always come first. there are many traditions in the italian community including probably the most famous one:omerta, this is italian for code of silence, to break omerta is like giving yourself a death sentence. the simple idea of omerta is to never rat out your friends or family, so keep this in mind next time you get pinched for washing bills for the boss.but in the past few years this tradition has been all but wiped out and this is the doing of the police informants or snitches as they are more commonly known they grass up their friends just so they dont have to go to prison and they enter witness protection but lets face it: we've all played mafia 2 and nothing good ever comes from ratting out your friends. the next thing to remember is respect theres not much you can do in our life without respect its counts for alot in our world so remember to show it next time you manage to get an audience with the don. and lastly there is money, money is what makes the world go round it can manipulate anyone it touches but dont think im trying to put you off it because manipulation is a good thing, but money has many talents all you need to do is know how to use them.

Report Post Tip

Anoxia laughs at Tony's speach. its not an insulting laugh, just a chuckle that makes him realise how relevant what he is saying is towards his life

"I do find myself having two wives, and if each knew about the other, they would both kill me! I am married to my beautiful wife who was fathered me two sons, and i also feel i am married to my Crew Leader, she bosses me around more than my actual wife, and I would lay down my life for her. If it came to dying for my marital wife... well... aslong as my eldest son would be ok, what has to be done has be done."

Anoxia clears his throat before continuing to speak

"Omerta used to be a very strong word, some of us out there will die in the name of omerta, but some of these young kids throw the word around like its a joke. There will always be snitches and informants, and if they dare use the word omerta around me they will know what a bullet in the skull feels like.

You talk about money, what is more important, omerta or money? Some will say money, some will say omerta. All i can say is this: if someone wants you dead and you have alot of money, your money may save your life if they are willing to be paid off. But at the same time, if someone wants you dead it may not matter how much money you have in your bank, but the omerta you share with your crew and close friends may save your life if a plan is formed to save your life.

Either way, you must make your decision in life, what is more important to you, omerta or money? only a few will be able to have both, and these people are the people to be afraid off, so keep them close."

Report Post Tip

Funny you should bring up Omerta today. Yes, the old code dictates that you not drop dime on your pals or your brother, but seemingly lost is the fact that this also applies to your enemies and those who have wronged you.

We think of Omerta as a measure taken to save our own asses, but to our grandparents, and their ancestors in the Old World, it was for preservation of our society from those who sought to oppress our people from the outside. A guideline for the farmer as much as the robber. In the Old World, it kept the government from micromanaging the traditional values with modern bureaucracy, and from infringing on our personal honor. It is a small man who cannot fight his own battles. If someone offends you, you take your own vengeance.

Here in America, Omerta serves us well by allowing us to continue living the lives we know outside of the crushing influence of prejudiced police officers and politicians. We do not go to these men, ever, for any reason.

And yes, that includes those that steal from us or would like to see us dead. If you can't handle your problems, you don't deserve to have them handled for you.

Omerta is not a code so much as a fact. There is no choice in the matter. You will live by Omerta, or you will not live.

Report Post Tip

thank you anoxia and rudiger for your input i hope that other people can give me their views on this and maybe we can turn this into a discussion

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: How to live the life
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL