Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 09:09:59
Page:  1 
Reasonableness of Time in an Organised Crime Started by: DanK on Sep 03, '11 09:33

DanK gets out his soap box, puts out his cigarette, and clears his throat ready to speak to the crowd

So there I was in Chicago, minding my own business, having a smoke, waiting for my bacon butty to be cooked when a young kid ran up to me, shoving a note in my hand;

Sep 03, '11 09:08 XXXXX has invited you to a crime. (Accept) - (Decline)

Reading through the invite to an Organised Crime, I noticed that the plan was to steal from The Art Institute of Chicago on South Michigan Avenue. I knew I was just 2 blocks away. I left my bacon butty, threw my roll-up on the floor, and got moving. I was outside the gallery within 2 minutes.

But something wasn't right.

Alarms were going off.

In the distance, I could hear sirens.

At that point, bursting out of the fire exit, was XXXXX followed by a couple of others, running straight past me and away into the sun.

I had missed it. But how could I of missed it? I got to the meeting point within 2 minutes.

Now normally, I do not get easily wound up or annoyed. However today was different. A poor nights sleep, a morning OC before I had my breakfast and coffee. I am half asleep, hungover and hungry. So I am going to rant.

When you invite people to join you in an OC, surely the decent thing to do is at least let those you have invited reasonable time to get to the meeting point? Today's almost-OC is not the first time it has happened to me. I am sur eit has happened to all of us.

What is the decent thing to do?

Attempt the OC as soon as the first couple of people turn up? No matter if everyone who has been invited hasnt had a chance to get there?

Sit in the cafe opposite and wait for everyone to arrive?

Or something else?

At the end of the day, you do not send out invites to your birthday party, then cut the cake before giving the chance for people to turn up.

My solution to the problem? I am writing names in my little black book. The names going in are those who invite me to a crime, and then do not give me reasonable time to turn up. It takes about 5 minutes to get anywhere within out cities. For me that is reasonable time. Don't give me reasonable time? Your name go's in my book, and when it comes to me organising a crime, do not expect and invite. And when it comes to my birthday, you wont get an invite to that either.

I for one am getting fed up hearing:

"There was a problem with the invite, it could not be accepted."

What are all of your opinions on Organised Crimes and the Reasonableness of Time?

Report Post Tip

First come, first served. Thats my view on it.

If the person was doing a small job like the Art institute, then I doubt they needed much help. I'm sure the job was offered to a few local criminals like yourself and whomever was quick enough to rush in there and then with the organizer was the lucky person to get the job. It would hardly be worth the while if a bunch of people turn up to a small job with little reward?

So let me ask, would you be more annoyed to join a job that gave you very little money and prevented you from joining another, possibly more profitable, job for the next while, or being denied the chance to join the job?

I know Id rather be left out, than invited to something that wasn't really worth my time in the first place.

Report Post Tip

Alabama, whilst I fully understand the 'first come first served' theory, surely it then that highlights that many just throw around OC invites like they are confetti. If you send an invite to 7 people for an art gallery, that is irresponsible in my opinion. You should only invite people who you actually want, not everyone who you walk past on the way to committing it.

Also, it is not just an art gallery this has happened on. I have been invited to many different OC's, only to of arrived too late, despite getting their quickly. Maybe the real issue here is selfishness? Some do an Organised Crime for their own gains, and don't care if they run it with a gang full of NPC's, who have the ability to turn up at the meeting point within seconds of the invite, whilst others care about their OC's and will wait for the friends they have invited to turn up.

Report Post Tip

This has often been a bug bear of mine.

As i finish off my coffee and go to the bathroom I miss the call out, get it slightly later, charge along only to keep on charging as the feds have the place surrounded.

I now accept that I will miss these and nine times out of ten don't bother turning up to avoid the fact that my face happens to turn up at all major crimes after they happen. I now carry a camera and a notepad in case some eagle eyed fed notices me a few times and questions why I am there.

Journalist FTW.

Report Post Tip

Oh I agree, DanK. I was simply offering an insight into the reason I believe people do it in this manner. Also, as you said, it has gotten to the point where people care less about those they invite to the crime.

Not so long ago, these crimes were highly valued, I remember constantly putting a lot of effort into the Crime itself, arranging with many family members to be at certain places each day so as we could work together. Now, it seems like people just pick their head up and look around and grab a few random folk and be done with it.

Also, on your point about working with robots, I don't blame people for using these. They are highly skilled in the Organized Crime front and its rumoured that bringing them along will boost the chances of your team of criminals succeeding in their crime. Personally, I like to watch the new blood at work, I try to invite as many people possible with lower rank as I believe they will benefit more from the increased income. Of course, that also benefits myself greatly as I receive a larger portion of the income too, but believe me that is secondary to my main reason.

Report Post Tip

I tend to agree. Sometimes you end up thinking the diplomatic crisis in Germany will be settled before it's carried out.

Report Post Tip

In listening to what opinions have been said already, there are several great points to this debate. I hope my points will be deserving of the spotlight.

Earlier in my career as a rising associate, I was one of those individuals who would send out various invitations to crimes to a lot of individuals and whoever responded first was the lucky one. However, as I grew older, I knew that was a mistake. This life of ours...its about forming relationships. Relationships that individuals that you can share stories with, share tips on how to excel, share tips on which girls to avoid. You cant do that if you decide to screw a bunch of people from doing an OC. Performing an OC is a priviledge that not many individuals get to act out. This is why I believe that the individuals sending out the invites should really take into consideration how they conduct themselves when sending out invites. If you send out a bunch of invites to a bunch of individuals and begin to adapt this 'first come, first serve' mentality...you're really missing the point of the 'Organized' crime. If you're going to invite an individual to your OC, think how much respect you'll earn once the person you invited has a chance to accept your request. If they deny it, their loss. But if you're successful in pullint it off, just imagine the stories you guys can share once the money come in, and more importantly, the relationship that begins to flourish.

'Thanks for the invitation my friend. Been playing long?'

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Reasonableness of Time in an Organised Crime
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL