Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 16 - 06:10:09
Page:  1 
Xenogenesis Started by: PlagueDoctor on Nov 29, '22 06:07

Nearing Christmas, the air of Chicago had turned to a piercing, bitter cold. As the sun already had begun setting two hours before eight, the majority of people who would usually walk the streets had retreated into their homes or nearby businesses. Grey clouds continuously hovered over the Windy City, but it never snowed. But as the roads gradually cleared out, the only people left behind were those who came from the undergrounds of society. Exactly the audience PlagueDoctor was hoping for.

It took some time to gather them together into a crowd, made no easier by the annoying cold they had to sit with and stand around in. PlagueDoctor wiped off what remaining blood he could from his jacket and quietly pondered to himself, before adjusting his hat and walking out in front of the spectators.

"Good evening, everyone. I know we're all freezing, so I'll try and cut this as short as I can."

He took a deep breath before tuning his posture and continuing.

"For most of this adventure, I hadn't really decided what I would be doing with my life. As the months have gone by, I've come to learn that you don't always need to decide what you're doing immediately; sometimes, things would just come your way sooner or later...if you lived long enough, that is. While this endeavor of mine hasn't gone particularly the way I would have wanted it, or one that suits my morals, the time for that has passed."

"I'm here to open with my official ascension to Godfather - Chairman of Chicago. While my predecessor had technically been slated to become godfather, it did not come to fruition as most of us all found out that April."

He pulled his coat together as the air began to grow colder.

"Nonetheless, this is the first time in my lineage that I've reached the Godfather position, much less manage a city. It's certainly been a long time coming, and one I've patiently waited until I was completely ready to follow through with."

"This would not have been possible without the help of my primary sponsor Vidal over on the east coast in New York, and especially not without the help and support of Philadelphia and of Valinor, who allowed me to sit in his crew and casually do fuck all for nearly three months, as I struggled with motivation to continue the day-by-day grind most of us are accustomed to. The same goes to Illuminatiated all the way back to when this had all begun, he was a great person to serve under."

"I sincerely appreciate their patronage given by all of them, as well as reintroducing me to my good friend Hazel and linking me up with Hiro_Nakamura, who as a newcomer to this thing of ours has gone above and beyond what I and most have expected from him. They've made me proud."

PlagueDoctor noticed some unease in the crowd, probably associated with the cold and the cliche-like self-praise.

"Anyways, this isn't as straightforward as one would have wanted it; there are some big shoes to fill here and it won't be the easiest venture. I plan to bring Chicago back to the success and status it once had. I'd originally hoped to rule alongside Detroit, working together recently to remove the dastardly CorktownCL, but things decided to take a different direction, one I discovered while waking up this morning. Interesting how some things turn out, I'll miss their faces and especially their OC's."

"That's all I have at the moment. If you'd like, stop by for a drink. Get some food in you, we're all looking pretty miserable out here anyway. Please enjoy the rest of your night."

PlagueDoctor shoved his hands into his pockets, gave a nod towards the crowd, and ambled back into the heart of Chicago.

Report Post Tips: 30 / Total: $600,000 Tip

Hazel stood behind PlagueDoctor, like she always would. The longer she stood out here, the harder her body shivered. It was no secret that she was not a hot-blooded individual, but she tried her best to hold it together and attempt to look as put together as any LHW. But any amount of cold was worth seeing her boss out there taking the position he deserved. PlagueDoctor was by far one of the most hardworking and kindhearted leaders she had met. 

After his speech as he turned to walk away from the crowd, she gave him a friendly squeeze on his shoulder; the kind your grandpa would give you after a well-played game. "You deserve it, Bossman. Congratulations. I'm proud of you." 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Damn it was cold.  Harper is not fond of cold weather at all.  She should have put on a warmer jacket as she tugged on the one she had on, pulling the collar up closer to her chin. But she was determined to weather the cold; she wasn’t going to miss this special occasion. She waited for an opportune time to approach the honoree.

Not only did you offer me a home when I arrive here in Chicago I also have the opportunity to join in this wonderful celebration. I’ve only just met you but am assured you are mentioned in the journals I have as a very fine and distinguished member of the syndicates. 

It’s truly an honor to stand before you to offer my congratulations. You took the time to be patience and were calm no matter what happened; constantly taking action to turn it to positive growth opportunities, you had faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting and today you reap your reward.

I wish you great success GodFather-Chairman PlagueDoctor as you build Chicago into your vision.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Hiro stood next to Hazel, behind PlagueDoctor. Even though he was prepared for the icy cold, at least he thought he was, he could feel his shoes being frozen to the ground he was standing on.
"Man up already" He thinks to himself.

Hiro was surprised when he was summoned to be PlagueDoctor's right hand, along the way Hiro had learned quite a bit from this honorable and kind man. And today he was honored to be present at this big day.

After the speech, Hiro waited for his turn to congratulate the GodFather-Chairman.

Congratulations Bossman, very much deserved!
Thank you for having me with you and thank you for the lessons you taught me and the lessons to come.

Hiro saluted and shook PlagueDoctor's hand.

O7

TheBeast exited his limo and walked over to the new Godfather Chairman and shook his hand.

"Congratulations my friend! This was a long time coming and you deserve it. We will do great things in Chicago."

TheBeast motions to one of his bodyguards, who hands him a bottle of rare cognac. TheBeast hands the bottle to PlagueDoctor.

"A little gift for you on this momentous occasion."

As the last of the invading crews collapsed and their members became obliterated, PlagueDoctor took the time to return and give thanks to those who took the time to congratulate him, shaking hands with each and every person.

"Thank you all very much! I'm already seeing some amazing progress here in Chicago, and here's for more to come. In the meantime, please enjoy yourselves; I hear the jails are looking packed recently."

With that, PlagueDoctor gave one final nod and retreated back within the cold air of the Windy City.

Report Post Tip

After the exhausting fight in Detroit against the Unwanted, we all headed home for some rest and recuperation. On our way back, we stopped by PlagueDoctor's little muffin shop to grab a bite and some drinks. We sat Hazel down near the heater knowing she is terrible with the cold and most likely frozen inside out by now.
Since Hiro had received some cash for helping out in Detroit, he decided to ring the bell and treat everyone in house. He motioned at a couple of PD's help to give everyone something to drink and bring out their best muffins, he also ordered an extra large hot coco for Hazel.

Everyone was delighted by the delicious muffins PD's shop had to offer. We were having a good time celebrating the victory in Detroit. It was getting late and as everyone was getting ready to head home, a messenger rushed in the shop slamming the door wide open, icy cold wind blew in the establishment. Brrrr....

"They are back!! They are BACK!"

It seems that after failing their attempt to take over in Detroit, the Unwanted regrouped and invaded New York, hoping for a better outcome.
With a bit of a disappointment, as we all looked forward for a well deserved rest, we put on our coats and hats. Ready to battle another wave of attacks by the Unwanted. Will they succeed with this new invasion??

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

After being ushered into the Muffin Pub and placed specifically by the heater, Hazel began to feel less like a human icicle. She was grateful for her crew members who looked after her. She tenderly took the hot cocoa that Hiro_Nakamura gave her and let it run its warm course though her belly. With a sigh of relief, she settled into her chair, wrapped cozy in her wool coat. This was nice. 

Once she was warmed up once more, she snagged one of those delightful red velvet muffins PlagueDoctor had in the shop and began to munch on it while she listened to stories and tales from those sat around her. 

When the door slammed open from the messenger, the chill that wrecked her shoulders was not only from the cold. Those damn fools don't know when to quit! 

She shoved the last of her muffin in her mouth and finished off the rest of her hot cocoa. Rising from her chair, Hazel tugged her wool coat closer to her body and with a disgruntled huff, she made her way to the door. 

"Here we go again!"

Damn IT IS FREEZING!! UR said to nobody as he walked between the buildings. Between the temp and the UR's tail was, well, lets not go there! UR hopped around using doorways as cover until he reached his flat. Luckily the maid had lit a fire. As UR dethwaed, he got caught up on the news.

More cold weather, a fire four blocks over, blah blah blah. He finally found something interesting on page 4. PlagueDoctor was reported to be the Godfather-Chairan of Chicago. This should have been front page news! Then again, how did this get to the news?

UR didn't care. He got out letterhead and began to write:

Congratulations PlagueDoctor! This is well deserved! I expect great things from you. My faith in you is immense!

UR

UR got a bottle of champagne out of the fridge and called for his doorman. He handed the letter and bottle to him and slipped him $20.

Get this to PlagueDoctor. You know where to find him, he told the man.

With a nod, the doorman was off to deliver the package, UR went back to roasting in front of the fire, He would have to send his man out after more carrots. UR wasn't going back out there! No way!

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Xenogenesis
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL