Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 18:59:19
Page:  1 
You are invited Started by: CJ_West on Nov 29, '22 07:55

CJ had been decorating all week. This is her favorite time of year. The gatherings, the festivities, the kindness in people's heart. She loved preparing large meals and having friends over. Mingling and playing games while having drinks with the neighbors and family. She was ecstatic about the Christmas party about to unfold. She had acquired a few jugs of moonshine and wine for this special event.

As she was setting the table and putting the last tray of cream puffs out, the phone rang. It was JamesBaxter !

Report Post Tips: 15 / Total: $330,000 Tip

I had been running around like crazy trying to get all of the last minute things that I always seemed to forget. Hopping from store to store, wandering down this aisle and that.

The festive spirit rolled in with the cold weather. The slight chill in the air making me long for a warm drink and an even warmer fire.

It took longer than I cared to admit but I finally managed to get everything that I would need. With supplies in tow, I got everything inside before dropping the bags on the kitchen countertop as I picked up the phone receiver. Quickly dialing the number, I balanced the phone on my shoulder for a moment as it began to ring, “Hey, CJ_West, everything all set up and ready to go?”

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

"It sure is. I hope you found everything that you were looking for."

My heart filled with excitement as the time grew closer for guests to start arriving. All the appetizers and finger foods were displayed in such a festive fashion, cream puffs stacked in the shape of a Christmas tree, spiked party punch with snowflake shaped ice cubes with frozen cranberries and so many bright red and green cookies.

Slowly turning and taking a long glance around the room, CJ asked JamesBaxter  " who are you bringing with you this evening?"

Report Post Tip

“Well, CJ_West, I was just contemplating that.” I paused for a second or two, still mulling it over in my mind, “We are going to need some entertainment for this shindig. I could give my old friend Frank_Sinatra a ring. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind swinging by and singing a couple of tunes for everyone.”

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

"Oh, that would be great!! I would love it if he comes. Maybe I could persuade him to give me an autograph for my mother. What a great gift that would be! Oh, I hate to cut our conversation short JamesBaxter but there's someone at the door. I'll see you soon!"

​​​​​Grinning widely as I hang the phone back up, I hurry to open the door. My heart jumps as I see LeoVanzetti. I greet him with a hug and invite him inside.

"Come in, come in! It's so nice to see you. I'm so glad you came. Can I get you something to drink?"

​​​​

Leo smiles widely as CJ_West opens the door greeting him with a hug. "Hey there darlin thanks for inviting me hope I'm not too early"

he says as he steps inside holding out a bottle of Pinet Castillon Vintage Grande Fine Champagne. "Here I brought this for you" as he takes off his hat holding it in his hand looking around. "Could kill for a cup of coffee if you got it"

Leo follows her inside as he looks at the beautiful decorating she did.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

"No, not early at all. You are right on time. Thanks for this immaculate bottle of champagne!"

There was a knock at the door.

"Please excuse me a moment LeoVanzetti"

I smiled as I stepped away to open the door. It was Polio!

"Polio! I'm so glad you made it. Please, come in. Make yourself at home. Can I get you something to drink or an appetizer?"

He smiles as she steps away and he turns making his way around to the tray of cream puffs. He stops and looks around a moment "well, don't mind if I do" he mutters to himself under his breath as he takes one and eats it. "mmm not too bad I must say" as he notices a backdoor and slides out reaching into his pocket for a half crumbled pack of cigarettes retrieving one and striking a match lighting it.

He takes a long drag and sighs in satisfaction blowing the smoke up into the air.

Report Post Tip

Ho Ho Ho polio chuckles to himself

I hope i am early enough and not missed the start of the party, i will take a glass of erm..... i tell you what, suprise me!

I am here for a good time not a long time afterall, so anything alcoholic i will take it, then we can open that big bottle of champagne later on to finish the night off!

This looks like it could be a great party, who have you got coming, IsabellaDiabolikRufio ?

Polio takes a look around as it had been transformed since his last visit

Come into a bit of money i see, what a place this is!

Report Post Tip

S.A walks in and sees a few new faces and some familar ones "Hello everone this looks like a lovely gathering" *pulls outa box of Partaga cuban Cigars "for those that smoke these are top notch!" whatever is cooking smell divine"

"Welcome SilentAssassin! It's so wonderful to see you. It's been ages. Please, make yourself at home, You know your way around."

As the room starts to fill, I pour myself a glass of wine. I look around to see if LeoVanzetti has come back in from his smoke. He didn't have to go out into the cold. I have several ashtrays.

Frank was sitting on his dark brown leather chair looking out the window as he sipped a cup of hot chocolate prepared by his maid. Its that time of the year where something simple as sitting down by the window close enough to feel the warmth from the fireplace and watch the snow drizzle down and paint everything white becomes a hobby for Frank. Just as he was about to take another sip, the phone rang. Frank reached out for the phone, placed it in between his shoulder and left ear, his finger fiddling with the cord and sipping more hot chocolate as he talked over the phone..

"Yes, Don Sin on the phone. Oh hello JamesBaxter. Oh! Thats nice of you to invite me to this party. Its an honor id be happy to come over and sing some tunes and jingles. Could you inform Ms CJ_West i will be heading over in a moment? and thank her for including me. Id like Mr SilentAssassin to come over as well if you'all dont mind, he's great with the acoustic guitar and piano. We'll give a treat for the guest sir that i promise. I just need to get my scarf and trench coat ready, my butler should be able to get my Mercury Eight warmed up in no time. See you there!"

Frank arrived moments later and rang the bell. CJ_West opened the door as Frank tried to catch a quick glimpse behind her to see who has already arrived. Some familiar faces and very glad to see one of them is SilentAssassin.

Frank entered, removed his trench coat, scarf and fedora hat, dust off the snow on them before hanging on the wooden coat hanger stand just beside the door. Frank kissed CJ_West hand and handed her fresh bouquet of flowers of different sorts and a bottle of the finest champagne he could find from home. This is the first time they met.

"Grazie Mille for inviting me CJ, youre definitely more beautiful in person, reminds me of someone that i used to know. it warms the cockles of my heart to be here and help spread the joy and holiday mood. Just lead me the way to where i should be singing, Mr @SilentAssasin can prep up his guitar at the same time and lets get the party started"
Report Post Tip

While he happened to be quite the handsome young peach and with quite the influence to boot, no one for some reason ever really invited him to parties or anywhere, really. Could they just be jealous of him? Probably, but the question would gnaw at the very core of his pit when he would go to sleep at night, to the point where it was quite the consuming foe of envy. That was, until he was invited to what was being billed as one of the largest Christmas parties to ever grace the Americas. 

"So anyone is invited to this shindig, huh? Like, even a peach, for instance?"

He awkwardly posed the question towards CJ_West who seemed to be in charge of the festivities. While she was one of the members in his family, there had never really been a spoken rule about having to invite the boss to these sorts of things: That did give him an idea, though... mandatory parties with your boss, that would surely go over well, wouldn't it? 

Instead of wanting to take it to those lengths maybe first he would just ask and make sure that he was invited, you never really did know when you'd be allowed into one of these extravagant sorts of things. So while the peach poked at the cigar that he was pretending to smoke, he waited for her to respond to him.

Report Post Tip

"Boss!!" I said when I saw SassyPeach come in. "I never would have thought you were into these sorts of gatherings. I was going to invite you but I figured you would give me a silly reason that you couldn't make it. Nevertheless, I'm so excited that you are here. Please, let me take your coat. May I offer you a drink, Sir?"

I took my boss's coat and hung it on the coat rack behind the door. Surprised by his attendance, I poured him a drink and grabbed a box of matches from the table by the box of cigars. 

"Do you need a light Sir" I asked as I took a match from the box.

Report Post Tip

Hiro had been hearing rumors about a party being hosted in one of the local residences, but he had no clue where it was or who was hosting it. Until one day, after having a business meeting, he walked pass a fully decorated house with lots of lights.

From a distance, he could see through the window that there were many people in the lovely decorated house. Guessing that this might be where the party is at, Hiro decided to go for a closer look.

Once he got closer, he could have sworn he saw the singer Frank_Sinatra. Being pretty sure that this is the party people were talking about, Hiro decided to knock on the door, even though he was unsure whether he would see any familiar faces.

Report Post Tip

A couple of minutes went by in the freezing cold, it started to snow heavily and no one came to answer the door. Hiro began to feel embarrassed standing outside that door. Maybe the music inside was too loud and they couldn't hear the door.

Should he knock again?

Hiro decided to save face and quietly moved away from the door and disappeared in the shadow.

Report Post Tip

There was a lot to take in as SassyPeach was welcomed into the party by CJ_West. There wasn't a lot of time for him to fully enact his plans to make a big splash at this party, but he had been thinking up many ways to become the talk of the town, so to speak. The last time he had incorporated fireworks into one of his big plots it created quite the fire and him being wanted in the city of Sante Fe down in New Mexico; so maybe it was for the best if he left the pyrotechnics to the professionals and omitted them completely from his plan? Nah, there would be absolutely no fun in doing that.

"Yes, I'll take a drink, thank you Miss West. Something strong...", his voice slowly trailed off at the end when his mind re-entered that zone where it was hard at work attempting to formulate a plan. So the fireworks would set off to the east, and while everyone was paying attention to that he would utilize the zip line that he had spent a few thousand on to really make his mark on the party.

Looking around for any high spaces that he could fling down from, he noticed a few good spots. "No thanks on the light, I have a nifty trick that I'll use later once more people have arrived. It is appreciated, though." his eyes had that sort of peachy spark that typically only happened when he was excited, and this was all quite exciting.

What if he parachuted his way inside, right as the fire show began? He could really make a splashy re-entrance with something like that, could he not? But then he remembered the last time he had attempted that, how the projectiles went straight through the chute and the poor peach fell over thirty feet into the ground, only staying alive because of how sturdy his pit is.

"Say, do you think anyone else will be arriving by limo?" maybe circling back and just riding in the most expensive car that he could find would be the ticket to being noticed, after all, everyone is impressed by those that can afford expensive things, no? These thoughts were all too much and he nearly burst into tears, but being a leader and all he held his composure and continued on.

"Because I have a pretty nice limousine, do you think I should bring it around? Free limo rides for everyone!" 

Could this be it? The idea that would set him apart? As he looked outside, he took note that nearly everyone was arriving in fancy cars, perhaps a party filled with millionaires was a poor place to pull off that sort of stunt. Sighing, he looked back towards CJ and said one last thing that would surely help him figure out what he had to do to make his mark.

"How many people do you think are going to come in a full wingsuit? It's experimental, but I think I'd look like a cool ass flying squirrel coming in with that thing, don't you agree?" 

He smiled and waited for a response, grinning from ear to ear.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: You are invited
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL