Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 23 - 20:31:34
Page:  1 
An Ordinary House Started by: SassyPeach on Dec 02, '22 03:52

"What's going on over there? Is there some sorta construction going on?"

The question had been posed over one thousand times in the past few months, the house on the edge of the street in a random Corktown business section-- one that had been lived in by many people over the last hundred or so years-- was being renovated into a much larger home with the working amenities of the newest houses in the world, and why was this? No one could really piece it all together, why this small unassuming house on the corner of one of the busiest streets in Detroit would need to nearly quadruple in size. 

"I hear some millionaire is moving in there, he wants to be near all the businesses."

"Nah, fuck that. I heard it was a billionaire, one of those car moguls up the way." 

These sorts of conversations could be heard from just outside of the construction sight nearly every single day from the Peach, who was twiddling his thumbs as he worked on yet more zoning permits from inside. There was so much that went into making a small humble home into this massive mansion-sized capitalist paradise; from buying people off all the way to silencing others, one needed the approval of everyone in the area and it wasn't cheap to acquire, not to mention all of the regulations that went into all of these thousands of man-hours which went into the upgrading of the unit.

"I hope its done soon. That sound is such a bother to my regulars." 

"Did you not see that flier? Said it'll be open in a week."

An Ordinary House

- come for the experience

- leave wanting more

This is no Ordinary Home

$4,000 per Entrant

"Four thousand dollars? Who the fuck do they think we are? No one's gonna go there."

That's where they were wrong. It was expensive for a reason, the consumption of such a regal affair would only bring in the most rich and powerful from around the Americas, and perhaps even beyond the pond. There would be dinners, conversations, and perhaps even the odd ended murder mystery that would fill up these hallowed halls. 

One Week Later

The doors were open, and the interior of the house was a display of pure decadence. The walls were painted with flecks of real gold, and the chairs were made of the most expensive ivory in all of the world; some would be offended by just how expensive and immoral this place had cost the Peach to make, but it wasn't really his fault at this point, his money manager for some reason kept telling him that he had to purchase the most expensive of things and for some reason wouldn't let him look at the books. Managers were always doing silly things like that, the peach thought to himself, it was probably entirely legitimate. 

"Are we ready to open this place up, sir?"

"Yes, and it will be glorious."

"If you don't mind me asking... what is it all for?"

There was a little tear in the Peaches eye as the question was asked, as he thought back on the many years he spent on that rickety old fruit stand never being bought or cared for... this would be his time to be important, and to have a really fucking expensive house that people could come and hang out in, there would be plenty going on in here, and there was even a fully equipped bar and a few dance floors placed around just for maximum excitement, as well as an entire smoking parlor for those that enjoyed a cigar or two.

"I don't know, but I love it."

...and so it all began. Welcome to An Ordinary House. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

An Ordinary House... that's what SassyPeach called the luxurious house that now stood in front of Ian. "This is no ordinary house! This is a mansion!" He thought. 

Ian had been living in a small room inside his studio since moving to Detroit, but it was time he found an actual home. He looked into many apartment buildings and many houses, but they didn't seem to be providing the privacy and peace he wanted. He needed a place away from the people and yet between all the busyness of the business district. And so someone suggested this place. 

He entered the house and was amazed by the lavish interiors. SassyPeach had spared no expenses when revamping the place! He went to where the Peach was enjoying his usual drink. 

"Well, I'm moving in here." He waited for SassyPeach to reply, who definitely wasn't expecting such a guest!

Report Post Tip

Detroit Business District
Replying to: An Ordinary House
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL