Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 04:02:33
Game Suggestions
3 Watchers
Page:  1 
Remove insults from mrbot dataset Started by: Dank on Dec 13, '22 11:30

What is your idea?

Refresh or edit the database of mrbot to remove the insults.

Has your idea already been suggested in some form or another before? 

No

What does your idea entail?
The recent insults that mrbot has started has become a nuisance for many. I suggest that the database be refreshed or the insults be removed form database and only the showerthoughts or fun content be kept in the database.

How can your idea be successfully implemented into the game as it stands?
I guess just delete the part of database for mrbot which has the insult content

What major changes would be needed to make your idea work?
No major changes I believe

What is the positive impact of your idea?
The community imajorly s not liking the insults being thrown at them by mrbot and removing the insults will  bring an end to this frustration and humiliation we have to face when in lounge.

What is the negative impact of your idea?
I don't think it has any, maybe someone who have a fetish to be roasted may not like it being removed.

How may your idea affect the rest of the userbase?
They will be happy and relieved.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip
I would like this. No reason to get insulted by a bot, there is plenty of harmless and fun things for the bot to say to fill up the void.
Report Post Tip

+1 for this.

The insults are unproductive and cause people to avoid main. If it was meant to generate conversation then it is failing. This is evident in the lack of conversation during the insult sprees MRBot is spewing. I especially abhor the yo mamma "jokes". My mother has passed and these are inappropriate. I also have an aversion to the racist "jokes" as well. NOT funny at all.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

If this could be arranged definitely a +1 

Report Post Tip

The data was crowd sourced, and the the approval process was crowd sourced.  Tens of thousands of people from its source went through the data and decided to upvote or down vote it, and only those with an overwhelmingly positive upvote ratio was included.  After that, we had multiple users from here go through it again and ultimately removed it or marked it as approved.

Refresh or edit the database of mrbot to remove the insults.

There are on the upwards of 400,000 in total, if I start now I can be done in mid 2023 :/

I especially abhor the yo mamma "jokes".

I just nuked all Yo mo%.... and Yo ma% jokes.  Since they are easily searchable, they are easily removed.

I also have an aversion to the racist "jokes" as well. NOT funny at all.

As do I and many others, but I see 0 reports from you or other users alerting us that there may be an inappropriate thing that is in the data pool. As I stated earlier, we paid users to go over 350,000 lines and approve/deny them.  Each and every one you have read have had multiple users approve it.  We had a report in July, and that line was removed.  I think one in April too, that line was also removed.

I can put a buzzword in the bots text so that you can set Lounge/Your IRC client to ignore it?

If we ask users to go over all of them again, I am pretty sure they approve the ones they approved they approved prior.  If I was to udnertake this myself, it would take about a month of fulltime work I feel.  When you say the majority of the community feels this way and they will be happy and relieved, are you sure?  This is a very long long road to go down and will push back all future milestones a few months.

I appreciate the removal of yo mamma jokes. Frankly, I didn't complain about these until one really hit home. I stood by and ignored the racist jokes, the personal insults etc. 

I can put a buzzword in the bots text so that you can set Lounge/Your IRC client to ignore it?

I think that would be a great solution. Giving us a little control would most likely go a long way and would be the easiest solution.

Report Post Tip

+1 also. I think too many are now met with radio silence or wtf kind of replies. Humour yes or a casual to provoke a thought or small reaction but certainly not so personal. I think if players were making some of the comments there would be consequences to be honest. I understand the need to keep chat busy but actually the opposite tends to happen when these type of comments are said by Bot, it goes quiet as some people don't know who to respond or are offended.

When did people get so soft? lol
Report Post Tip

Squishy I took part in the last review of comments as tasteful or not and yep it is a massive job for sure, I think though it is the single person reviewing its view not the users as a whole. Some I have seen lately I certainly didn't see myself during that review bit - I can for example say I wouldn't find a comment about my mother in some context offensive but someone who's mum might have just passed away or been given a terminal diagnosis might, the same with race and sexuality. I get they need to be cheeky it is just such a fine line given the diverse group of people that play that it might just touch a nerve without that being the intention. It seems from what I see anyway to be counter productive the offensive ones as most just say wtf and then chat goes quiet. I like the philasopical ones and the jokey ones though.

Also Nuke it is isn't about being soft as you claim - most people are hardcore mafia players and come to play a mafia game as an escape from reality often or time out. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Remove insults from mrbot dataset
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL