Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:39:02
Page:  1 
Simply Revenge Cont. Started by: Simplicity on Sep 06, '11 23:41

(OOC: Sorry for the long break on my story! Here is the link to the start of it. http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/165434)

Simplicity had heard the train whistle. The conductor then yelled, "ALL ABOARD!Getting up she watched Ghendo. He was looking around, but shrugged as he then made his way onto the train. Following him she waited for him to choose a cabin. He found one that was empty and entered putting his briefcase to the side. Simplicity waited what seemed like a few minutes, but was only a few seconds before asking to join him. Ghendo nodded to her, not realizing who it was.

Sitting down she grinned at him. Her eyes were sparkling a bit as she knew the day was coming that her father would be eating the dirt, breathing his last breaths. Ghendo was trying hard not to make eye contact with her, but with the way Simplicity kept staring at him he was starting to become uncomfortable. Switching how he was sitting every few minutes. He was bound to ask her what her problem was. Chuckling to herself she looked out the window for a few minutes to give him a relaxing break. She could hear him let out a sigh of relief.

Grabbing her bag she opened it up and took out the inside information that she had obtained. Her father's plans for the week. This was her key to getting him at his vulnerable moments. The one second that he was left open and unprepared. Looking it over she found the time she wanted to hit, but also left it open for error or the unexpected. She also made sure to find another time that she could try in case the first hit failed.

Noticing that Ghendo was starting to become curious as to what she was doing, Simplicity put the papers away and finally decided to talk to him.

"You really shouldn't stare. It isn't nice you know, Ghendo."

Watching his face go from being shocked to delighted to know it was her made her smile a bit. He no longer had to feel like she was some creepy man watching him.

Report Post Tip

"ALL ABOARD!"

Upon hearing that, Ghendo was snapped out of his focus of trying to spot where Simplicity had hidden herself in the station. Picking up his briefcase, he made his way onto the train and stood for a moment before invited to sit next to a young business man. He nodded towards him in respect before taking up on the offer and sitting down.

Ghendo wasn't the lowly thug that he used to be, and as he crawled his way up the ranks.. people noticed. So, suffice to say, he was used to eyes staring at him as he went about his business. However, it's a little different when you're less than a foot away, and Ghendo was becoming a little uncomfortable with the way this man was keeping his gaze fixed right at him. Eventually, he noticed the man fidget with a bag and removed some papers from them. Ghendo raised an eyebrow, and then Simplicity had put the papers away, and spoke.

Are you serious? THAT was what she meant when he wouldn't be able to see her? Ghendo began to laugh, and quite heartedly, before speaking himself.

"Wow, and here I was getting very worried that some guy was staring at me. Had I known it was you, I wouldn't have minded." Ghendo continued laughing aloud, mostly to himself. His eyes looked about the train as he did, noticing that they were alone.

"So, what the plan, ma'am?" Ghendo said, his tone becoming a bit more serious.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity stood up and open the cabin door. She was acting as if she was takiing a walk to strech her legs, but in all reality she was looking at the other cabins looking for any of her father's men. She knew that he kept one or two on the train at all times, but they weren't near their cabin from what she could tell. Walking back into their cabin she sat back down. Closed the door and the blinds that the windows had above them.

Sitting back down she pulled out her papers once again and handed them to Ghendo. She pointed at the times and explained each scenario. The best option they had was to hit him when he was eating breakfast with her mother. Her mom hated his work and to make her happy they would always go out to breakfast with a lighter load of bodyguards. He only had about five with him there. Being the daughter of the man she knew exactly where each one stood. This was his mistake and what was going to be his undoing. She had been gone for so long that he probably forgot about it all.

Ghendo seemed to understand what they were going to do and the risks it was involving. They both looked out the window. The idea of dying was not something either of them wanted to think about, but for Simplicity if she died finishing the job that was all that mattered to her. Avenging her brother's death would mean everything.

"We'll scout on the first day we're there. The second day we'll hit him and make sure we hit him hard. I'll need you to distract his bodyguards. I know exactly where he'll run to. There I will kill him. I'll show you where to run to escape his guards. Understood?"

Report Post Tip

Ghendo removed his sunglasses and cleaned them off while Simplicity walked out of the cabin, eyeing the nearby cabins in search of her father's men. His right hand stayed rested on his pistol he had in his jacket, until she closed the door and let him know that everything was clear. Ghendo relaxed as she pulled out her papers and handed them to him.

His eyes dashed about from page to page, making mental notes of every specific time and location for each scenario. Some were a little risky, but the one that she figured was the best option should go over fairly well. Either way, this was going to be a risky endeavour, but Ghendo was ready to do anything he could for her. He knew how much her brother had meant to her, and Ghendo could relate. His younger sister was taken away from his family at a fairly young age, and Ghendo despised himself for not being able to help her. But that was a story for another time. He shook the thoughts away, and turned to her as she spoke. 

Ghendo nodded once she was finished and had acknowledged him. "Indeed, seems like a solid plan, Simplicity. However, I doubt I will be able to get the attention of all five.. probably just three or four. I suppose I can let off a round from a close enough distance to warrant a chase, but far enough away to not get myself caught up in any return fire. I won't be of any use to ya' dead, at least until we get the bastard."

Ghendo shot her a confident smirk, and she could tell he was ready for this.

Report Post Tip

Time had flown by as they continued to talk about the little details that was needing covered. She had been ready for this since day one of her brother's murder, but to actually be heading out for her fathers final breaths gave her the chills. The pain that had been caused to her by his death would never be made up, but to at least repay her father for his actions would allow her to move on. Till this day she had carried the thoughts about what life would of been like. How her brother and herself would be over in England with a life ahead of them. One far different from the one she lived now.

Simplicity could actually picture herself with a husband of her own and kids. They would of lived in grand house with high ceilings to welcome everyone into their home. Her brother would live nearby and he would of never married. He wasn't the type to do so. He would get his fill of that life by visiting and spending time with her. Although most of his time would of been filled with work. He would most likely be rich as he was a brilliant, but humble man. He would outwit any man that stood next to him and yet would never throw anyone under a bus. This is what made her look up to him and love him for who he was. She had chose to try and live life like he would of. She did her best to treat everyone how he would of.

Looking at her life now you would never see Simplicity getting married, let alone having kids. She was far too independent and too caught up in her work to even glance at a man in a loving way. She held many close bonds with them and plenty of friends, but you never saw her out with a man alone unless it was for business. 'Oh how things change...'

All her thoughts went away, but this was something she often thought about. After the risk she was about to take things would be different. She could accept her brother's death finally.

'Watch out father, I'm coming for you.'

Simplicity woke up and sat up straight in her bed. She was breathing hard and looked around the room. It was just another nightmare, reliving that night. Brushing her hair behind her ears she got out of bed and knew that today was the day. Ghendo and her had set everything up. Looking over her father's schedule she made sure one last time so she didn't get it wrong. In a few hours she would be headed in a car to his favorite restaurant to end this.

Hearing a knock on her hotel door she checked the time and saw that Ghendo should be standing behind it, but just to be sure she grabbed her gun and held it behind her back as she opened the door.

Report Post Tip

After checking into the hotel and going his separate ways with Simplicity, Ghendo made his way to his room, bag in hand. After giving the young man who carried his bag up a slight nod, and a large tip might I add, Ghendo locked the door and made his way over to the bed. Ghendo made himself comfortable over the next hour or so and spent the rest of the evening before retiring reading a popular novel; "Shadows on the Rock" by Willa Carter. No one knew it, but he was very much into the literary world.

That night went by rather quickly. Ghendo found himself waking a few times out of anticipation of the days coming events, and eventually gave up a little after dawn. After doing a bit of stretching and some light cardio workout, Ghendo took apart and cleaned his Colt M1911 carefully, as he may need it later in the day if plans should change on the fly. After getting dressed, Ghendo headed downstairs in the hotel to grab a cup of coffee. Before heading up to Simplicity's room, he took a single rose from one of the several bouquets that littered the lobby. Laughing a bit at her upcoming response, he made his way up the elevator and to her door. 

After knocking several times, he stood there with the rose behind his back, sipping his coffee. His eyes darted about the surrounding, but returned straight ahead as she opened the door. His eyes met with hers.

"Morning, ma'am." He held the rose up to her, smiling a tad.

"Hopefully you were able to get a decent nights' rest. I sure wasn't able to." 

Report Post Tip

Simplicity took the rose and tossed it onto the dresser nearby. She then led him into the room and shut the door behind him. Making sure no one had followed him up to her room she then locked the door. Everything they needed for the next few hours she had laid out on her bed. His outfit, which she had designed especially for him. It gave him slightly broader shoulders and a bigger chest so when he changed after running from her fathers bodyguards he wouldn't be noticeable.

Simplicity's outfit was also there. It was a suit exactly like those all her father's bodyguards wore. Yet, hers was a bit different seeing as it had to make her look like she had the body of a man rather than a woman.

"You remember the plan, right? I don't want any screw ups and if we don't die doing this I'll kill you if you mess it up. So I suggest you get everything right."

Eyeing him to make sure he was listening she then continued on.

"You won't walk all the way in. If you do then you'll be trapped. You'll cause a huge ruckus. Shoot the wall for all I care, just get as many men after you as possible. Run down the street two blocks and then into the alley way. There on the left side will be a door, it is always unlocked. Run in and change into the clothes found in the janitor's room that I put there for you. Change as fast as possible then walk down the hallway. You'll enter into an office building. Just act casual. Then make you way back to the hotel. I'll meet you there."

Simplicity had talked a lot so she made him repeat every word she had said to make sure he got it. Nodding she then grabbed her clothes and went into the bathroom to change.

Report Post Tip

After walking into her room, he chuckled to himself as she threw the rose off the the side. Ghendo followed her over to the bed and looked about the room, until his eyes looked at the outfit he was to wear. Agh, that was going to be a little heavy to run with, even if it was only two blocks. Her voice snapped him out of his daze.

"Aye Simplicity, I remember the plan. I don't plan on making any mistakes, besides, I don't want you killing me before my next promotion. So I'll be sure to do my part perfectly."

He listened to her go over the plan, again. Making a distraction will be easy. Bodyguards are bound to go chasing after someone firing a weapon near their boss. The chase would be the more dangerous aspect of his role, as it will probably result in watching out for gunshots.

"Don't get too close, and cause a commotion. If I have to, fire off some rounds into the wall nearby. Peel as many away from your father as possible, and run two blocks into the alley way. Take the unlocked door on the left, change, and meet you back at the hotel. I'll play my role perfectly." Ghendo shot her an "OK" sign with his hand, showing her that he was as ready as he'd ever be.

He nodded a little to her as she made her way to the bathroom. Removing his current business suit, Ghendo went over everything in his head a few more times as he began to put on his custom made outfit. You had to give it Simplicity, she really thought everything through. It must have taken her awhile to come up with this plan, and she had been expecting this day ever since she fled from her father. 

Then something popped into his head. What if things went bad on her end? He made his way over to the bathroom door, and knocked a few times.

"I do have one question, Simplicity. What if you don't make it back to the hotel? Should I come looking for you? Hell if I have to go back to Chicago and tell people what happened to you."

Report Post Tip

"If I die killing him that is all that matters. If I have to take a few shots to shoot him in the head then that is what I will do. I'm taking this risk knowing very well that I may die if it doesn't go right."

Opening the door she came out in the suit looking like she had the build of a man. Grabbing the hat off of the stand next to her bed she then put it on. This enabled her to put all her hair up and hidden. Nodding at Ghendo she waited for him to be ready. It was closing in on an hour before her father showed up at the restaurant. Simplicity was wanting to hit them after the first course was served.

"Hurry up, the bathroom is yours. We don't have all day."

Simplicity looked at him a bit impatiently. He seemed more concerned about her than the task at hand. This was starting to make her become ticked off, but she didn't show it. She had to keep her mind on the task at hand.

Report Post Tip

"Yeah, alright. I understand." 

Ghendo could tell his question pissed her off a little bit, and he decided against pressing the matter any further. He knew Simplicity was willing to give her life to accomplish this, much like Ghendo himself would, but she was important to Chicago and many of it's inhabitants. Walking into the bathroom with with the rest of his outfit, Ghendo closed the door after she finished speaking.

Ghendo styled his hair up rather differently than usual, keeping most of the scruff of his hair brushed to one side. This gave him a much less sophisticated look, and took a few years off of his appearance. Looking himself over in the mirror, he chuckled a little bit at how broad and noticable his shoulders and chest were.

Opening the door, Ghendo sighed a little bit as he stepped out and returned to Simplicity. 

"Did you make this? It fits rather snuggly, if I do say so." He was hoping a bit of dry humor would calm down the tense atmosphere. 

"But, seriously, I'm ready to go, ma'am." His humorous expression turned to that of a deadly serious nature.

Report Post Tip

Nodding, Simplicity headed out the door and down the stairs. She went out to the back of the hotel and found the car that looked similar to the one her father always rode around in. Hopping in she started the engine and waited for Ghendo's door to slam shut before she took off.

She could tell that he looked a tad bit nervous, but inside so was she. Her gun was at the ready by her leg in a spot easy to access for herself. She turned on the street and eyed down the restaurant. Her father should already be inside and she then looked around for his car. It was sitting in the usual spot. Seeing the person she hired sitting in the driver seat she nodded. She had no idea what he did with the body of the bodyguard, but the man pulled out and allowed her to park there.

Turning to Ghendo she gave him a look saying, 'Go'.

He instantly got out of the car and made his way onward.

Report Post Tip

After leaving the hotel and jumping into the car, Ghendo found himself sitting in the passenger seat, twirling his thumbs. On the outside Ghendo probably looked fairly nervous, but who wouldn't be? The thrill before big heist or the sudden rush you get as you snuff someone out is nothing but adrenaline coursing it's way through your veins. Nervous? Hell no. He was excited

Once the car came to a stop, the smirk he was rocking faded, and Ghendo looked over to Simplicity. Time seemed to stand still until her gaze fixed on him and mouthed that one word. "Go." 

Opening the car door and getting out, he faced away from her and spoke before closing the door. "Thanks for everything, just incase, Simplicity. I appreciate the opportunity and purpose you gave me. Now make the bastard suffer."

Making his way over to the restaurant, Ghendo walked amongst the crowd. As he began to get a little bit closer to the establishment he made out several suited figures standing in the entrance, and then an older couple near them. His eyes froze. That's him, no mistake. This is what they had planned for, and this was his moment. He wasn't going to let Simplicity down. 

Now that he was in the front of the restaurant, Ghendo unholstered his pistol from his side, and raised it up in the vicinity of his target. The shots would be far off target, hitting the wall near him, but the gunshots themselves would not pierce the window to cause any damage. Bystanders nearby saw the raised firearm and began to freeze. His finger squeezed the trigger a few times.

BAM. BAM. BAM.

Screaming echoed from all around him. Simplicity's father's bodyguards sheltered the man momentarily. Even though Ghendo had immediately lowered the weapon, he had to assume that he was noticed. He immediately started sprinting down the block, much like others, as several bodyguards ran out of the restaurant to find the culprit firing at their boss. A few bystanders pointed Ghendo out as he was making his exit, and the bodyguards raised their weapons firing, and followed him.

Bullets impacted the wall behind him several times, and he managed to get away a little before the alley way. Making his way over to the door, he slipped inside and closed it behind him, panting heavily. Holstering his weapon, he placed his hand on his right side, grunting a little.

"I guess he doesn't pay them for nothing. Assholes had a decent shot while running."

Report Post Tip

Simplicity could hear the action going on and knew that some of the bodyguards would be rushing her father and her mother to the car. She watched them in the side mirror. She lowered her hat down to hide her eyes and waited as they opened the back car doors. The bodyguards surrounded the sides and made a wall. Then hitting the roof to signal it was okay to take off. Simplicity hit the gas and pulled out of there like a mad man. She had to make it seem like she was in a rush to get her father to safety, when in all reality she was rushing off to make sure he had no where to go.

Driving towards her old home she could hear her mother frantically talking to her father. Eyeing the rear view mirror she let a smirk come across her face. The plan had worked perfectly. Minus the fact that his bodyguards seemed to have better aim than she had counted on.

Turning down the next street she made a right to make her way to the pier. This made her father pay more attention. He knew this wasn't the way that he should of been going. Tapping her shoulder he spoke to her.

"And just where do you think we're going? This is not my house. You fool! Turn around this instance! Do you not know your way around here?"

Grinning Simplicity flicked her hat up higher so that she could see them both clearly.

"Actually, I know this place very well, sir. I used to come down here all the time with my brother. Which is how I know if I was to shoot you no one would even notice. All these ships are so loud that a gun shot would never be heard."

Her father's eyes widened as he looked more clearly into the mirror. He recognized her and gasped slightly.

Reaching for her gun she quickly slammed on the brakes and turned around. Aiming the gun straight at his head she fired two shots. The last word he got out was, "Dolcé...I..."

Turning her gun to her mother she glared at the lady before her. She would never consider her a mother for the crime she let happen. Her own son killed and she did nothing.

"I suggest you start running."

Her mother looked back at her almost astonished. The fact that her husband was dead had yet to settle in. Getting out of the car she just stood there as Simplicity pulled off. Her father's dead body laying there lifeless now. Watching her mother start trying to run in heels she then laughed quietly.

"By the way, dad. My name isn't Dolcé. It's Simplicity."

Taking the cane that she had in the passenger seat she placed it on the gas peddle and then opened the driver's door. Jumping out she hit the ground rolling. It was a good thing she had a lot of padding from having to cover up her curves. Standing up she brushed herself off and then walked over the one of the warehouses.

Entering inside she took off her jacket and pants. Underneath she had a cute green dress that was only slightly wrinkled from the pants. Brushing it down she check to make sure her heels weren't too dusty. Then started to make her way back to the hotel.

Report Post Tip

Clean entry and exit wound with nothing important hit, no big deal. Ghendo was able to find a first aid kit in the janitor's closet, and it took him a good thirty to forty-five minutes or so to get the wound disinfected and stop the bleeding with a basic suture. It wasn't the prettiest job, but it would do until he met up with Simplicity and had her give him a hand. 

Simplicity. He was hoping everything went off without a hitch on her end, because he knew he was going to get an earful when he met up with her at the hotel. All that big talking he did, and he still manage to get clipped. He sighed, shaking out thoughts, and finished up cleaning up the remaining blood; all before throwing some gauss over it and wrapping it up with surgical tape. If he was to blend in he'd have to not be walking around with a large blood stain visible to all. 

Upon completion, Ghendo changed his clothes into what she had left there for him, and finished cleaning himself off and adjusting his looks. After being content with the change in his appearance, Ghendo flipped his hat up into the air a little, before it landed perfectly on his head. Opening the door, he stepped out into a few young women who were working in the office building. A questionable eye was raised to such a professional fellow stepping out of a janitor's closet.

"Hah, sorry! First day. Where are the restrooms around here?" Ghendo showed a carefree smile across his face, and thanked the women as he made his way to the lobby of the office building. Stepping out on the street, sirens flared from the direction of the restaurant. Ghendo smirked a little, and made his way back to the hotel. Judging from the amount of time he had wasted, Ghendo knew that he'd be late in getting back to the hotel. 

Spotting a taxi, Ghendo held out his hand in the usual manner, and got in when the driver stopped. After giving his destination, he leaned back and let a sigh of relief out.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity had already bought two tickets for a train that was leaving in two hours. She was standing at the entrance of the hotel waiting for Ghendo to arrive. She figured he would of beat her there, but he had yet to show up. Her face got a bit worried as time went by. She could feel a few eyes on her, but she figured it was just because of her expensive dress. Not many in the area could afford something like that. Yet, when a man in a pure black suit began to approach her she put her hand on her gun holster that was under her dress.

"Can I help you, sir?"

She asked him as he eyed her up and down. He stared into her eyes as if he recognized her.

"You look familiar. Perhaps we met at the country club last week?"

He said to her as he gave her a small smile. Feeling a bit relieved she realized that the guy was just trying to pick her up. Smiling she shook her head.

"You will rarely see me at something like that. I have to keep the house clean and tidy for my husband. He should be here shortly. I sadly lost my ring down the sink drain so we had to go to the jeweler to have them polish it up. Him being the gentleman he is he dropped me off at this hotel to relax for a little while he went and got the work done."

The man looked taken back and nodded then moved on. She could feel eyes drift away and then saw a taxi. She could see Ghendo riding in the back seat. As it pulled up she hopped in and told the driver to take them to the train station. Seeing him wince a bit in pain she knew he had been hit. Acting normal she waited for them to arrive at the station.

Report Post Tip

"Sir, we are almost there. Did you need help with your luggage?" 

The driver's voice snapped Ghendo out of his daze. He had been looking out toward the street, noticing several interesting restaurants and shops he would want to come back to one day. 

"No, you can just let me out at---." He stopped speaking as soon as he spotted Simplicity. A dress? That was something he couldn't have imagined seeing her in, but a good cover nonetheless. Their eyes met momentarily, and he got the message that she was going to join him. 

"Actually, I see the person I am to meet here. You see the woman in the green dress right there?" Ghendo leaned and pointed from behind the seat, and the driver acknowledged, pulling over next to her.

The cab driver got out and opened the door for Simplicity and helped her inside. As they drove to the train station, Ghendo was talking to the cab driver about baseball. Apparently the driver was a giant New York Yankees fan, and the two of the clashed as Ghendo was a Chicago White Sox fan. This was unacceptable, as any White Sox fan despised New York. Hell, most people did. He could see Simplicity roll her eyes, but he went on with it anyway.

As they pulled up to the station, Ghendo reached over and paid the driver and helped Simplicity out of the cab. Nodding to the driver, the two of them proceeded to walk towards the boarding area.

Report Post Tip

Sitting there with Ghendo, Simplicity could feel a weight being lifted off her shoulders. With her father dead she could feel as if her brother was at least avenged. Yes, it would never bring him back, but it at least gave her a comforting feeling knowing that the man who killed him had now joined him. Actually, her father was burning in hell while she was sure her brother was happy in heaven.

Seeing the train pull in she hadn't realized how quickly time had passed. She guessed it was because of how much she had been thinking about how things were finally over. 

Looking back at the city she once called home she saw a few men running to the train station. It was her father's men looking for who had shot him. They ran right past Ghendo and her without even glancing at them. Their disguises had served their purpose and now her mother could feel the pain that Simplicity had carried with her all the time since her brothers death.

Smiling as she boarded the train back home she was happy to know this was the last time she would ever think about her past.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Simply Revenge Cont.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL