Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 29 - 00:04:06
Page:  1 
Yours Truly Started by: Luna on Jan 07, '23 20:41

Luna hurried from her desk to Marcus_Aurelius' office.

She had been collecting articles from different newspapers and finding inspiration from them to start up her own column, but then that excitement grew into a passion and finally the idea of starting a NY newspaper was introduced.

She wasn't sure if her boss, Marcus, could see the twinkle in her eye when she received a nod of approval from him. Or maybe she just thought he did.

"I've gathered some articles and research for the first issue." She placed the papers in his tray and stepped back. At the end of the day, Marcus was her boss. If she wanted to write up a newspaper and release it to the public, she wanted to get approval from him before hopefully getting passed to Vidal, the Godfather-Chairman of New York. 

The world of journalism had always fascinated her, reading so many newspapers when she was just a young teen. They don't just show the rainbows and unicorns of what is happening. It shows the agony, desparation and craziness of the current times. With all the unemployment rates rising and mass violence occuring on the streets, no wonder.

Adding a newspaper empire to New York would be one of the first great ventures for the city. 

It would create new jobs, motivate people to use their voice and speak on issues that matter.

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $1,030,000 Tip

An absolute psycho-head, charismatic dumbass, trouble-maker and heir to absolutely nothing. Maybe she was just bored.

She already could see that The Harold was already a great success. Of course, it never hurt to start another one. It would be different too - maybe an addition of a 'weekly entertainment' column displaying the latest sporting events and jazz clubs. 

She dug up her old drafts from her bottom drawer and started sifting through the papers seeing if there was anything she could recycle.

"I need a little more time," she eventually told Marcus_Aurelius. She didn't want to start so big, especially after never having started a newspaper before. Firstly, she needed to be out there in the streets, basking in the chaos, really LIVING in it to be able to report on it accurately. 

She assigned herself the task of finding out about latest NPC events and its impact on the mafioso world as well as street civilians. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Vidal heard some commotion about newspapers. He smiled, this kind of thing made him happy. He went up to Luna and gave her a hug to greet her.

"Luna, I support you wanting to make your own newspaper. There is nothing wrong with several newspapers within the city of New York. The issue would arise when you report on the same things, but if you keep your content unique, I think people will remain interested. I like to see the activity and representation of New York on the streets."

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Yours Truly
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL