Get Timers Now!
X

May 04 - 20:39:15
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
HQ Revamp Started by: LiquidFarehamJr on Jan 16, '23 14:14

What is your idea?

To remove the restriction on how many people a HQ can contain (possibly up to 100 for example)

And possibly: to include a "coup" function where members of the crew can dispose of their CL

Has your idea already been suggested in some form or another before? (Check the Suggestions forum for past threads with ideas the same or similar to yours.)

No - (or not for a long time)

What does your idea entail?

At the moment, there seems to be fewer than normal CLs playing as much as CLs previously have.  This idea enables the more active CLs to attract more members into an HQ which is either much bigger than HQs are today.  

And possibly: with a bigger crew comes more danger - a certain number of members could enact a coup.

How can your idea be successfully implemented into the game as it stands?

My limited understanding of code suggests that making HQ's able to contain more members would be easy

The second "coup" option would be more difficult, but perhaps with the loyalty code, there is a framework already in place.

What major changes would be needed to make your idea work?

See above.  

In terms of game culture, I think more active CLs = bigger crews = incentive for leaders to be active, present and driven

What is the positive impact of your idea?

Something new, and see above.  Would add ambition and danger.

What is the negative impact of your idea?

It could lead to a dictatorial CL dominating the game - but the "coup" element could combat that.  And besides, I'd rather there was one CL of a large HQ than a conglomeration of 2 or 3 existing HQs.

How may your idea affect the rest of the userbase?

I don't know!  Let's discuss!

Report Post Tip

I think this would be so hard to balance and not be abused but i like the idea - i think it works better on paper though. 

Report Post Tip

+1 from me, the game is in the doldrums. Try something new to reward the CLs who make effort & give the players the option of not being stuck with a mute, inactive, useless CL.

Report Post Tip

I like the idea but sadly I have to agree with Scratchy that it looks good on paper. I don't remember the pre-district era too well but I'm pretty sure HQ sizes were reduced to introduce districts. I don't think we can have both without one ruling the other obsolete. I still like the idea though and, considering my lack of certainty on the game's history and mechanics, my pragmatism might not be pragmatic so +1 on the whole shebang.

How would the coup function work? Would it be contingent with the loyalty function? Like the coup option is hidden until a certain number of members are disloyal or would it always be an option for any member to enact?

Report Post Tip

Approaching it from another angle - what could be coded in for better sub-crew management that can't be done now?

Report Post Tip

What would be the MAN needed for the coup? Would the LHM & RHM only be able to do this or can any member with guts and gun ability? because I could see someone joining a crew for the sole purpose of doing this.

Report Post Tip

-1. There isn't the userbase to handle a 100 man crew. If anything, go back to one GF per city and limit all cities to 2  districts. 

Report Post Tip

Squishy - I hadn't considered the sub-crew element to be honest.  Will have a think about that.

Izara - could he a hand, could just be a group of WiseGuys not getting their button and using combined firepower to remove the leader.

Adonna - I wonder if four mega crews would make for a more interesting game experience than multiple smaller crews with informal alliances?

I'm glad people are talking.  

Maybe I should have separated out the bigger HQ angle from the coup option. 

Report Post Tip

I believe 4 mega crews would eliminate two cities. Is that a good move? Yes, I do believe with a 300-320 userbase should have 5 cities and not 6. I also believe each city should only have ONE Godfather and the GFC should be eliminated. All these GF and GFC people are ridiculous. Maybe one GF family and two districts with a Don max. This would balance the cities better.

Report Post Tip

I also believe each city should only have ONE Godfather and the GFC should be eliminated. All these GF and GFC people are ridiculous.

We have an open canvas now.  Users can have 1 GFC or 1 GF for the entire game... or 1 GFC per city... or one GF per city.. or one GF per district, or any combination that they choose.  Our current setup allows the current crop of leaders to pick whatever they want, without coding preventing future crops from choosing a different method. The people at the top are more than capable of picking what they want and projecting their wants/needs.  The people in the middle are also more than capable of picking what they want and projecting their wants/needs.  And finally, out of sheer numbers, the people at th ebottom are also more than capable of picking what they want and projecting their wants/needs.

Report Post Tip

The open canvas should be eliminated. No city is "picking" what they want. They make plans for GF and GFC to fill as many as possible for the power and added bonuses they get in game for the title(s). There used to be 1 GF per city. We should go back to that. So many Godfathers erodes the position.

In any event, that is my opinion. I realize it is not popular however the game did have many more people playing when it was 1 GF per city. Some changes have eroded the game. Was that one?

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: HQ Revamp
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL