Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 21:22:38
Page:  1 
Fresh off the boat, looking for work Started by: The_Watcher on Jan 26, '23 22:22

Philadelphia, 1952. Jimmy stood down by the docks, casting stones into the water. He'd been in the country for at least a week now. His pal Peter Donahue had set him up with an apartment and some start up cash. It wasn't much, but he could get by until he found some work.

Finding the work was the hard part. Around pretty much every corner was some street rat calling himself a boss, but without the street credentials. Fucking America, eh?

Night began to gather, and the payphone further down the street began ringing. Right on time according to Jimmy. He goes down and picks up the receiver, wedging it between his shoulder and ear. He takes out a pack of smokes and listens to the caller telling him to go to the cafe down on 2nd street. It was Peter.

"2nd street? You got it, fella." Says Jimmy with the ciggy hanging from his mouth. He puts down the phone and exits the booth. 

Rain started to fall now. It was just droplets but Jimmy didn't fancy getting wet, so he walked at a brisk pace now. Going inside of the cafe he was met with the distinct aroma of freshly ground coffee. Just what he needed.

Noticing Peter sat in a booth with a mysterious figure, Jimmy goes over and joins them. Slipping into the seat beside Peter he extinguishes the ciggy into the ashtray on the table.

"Peter, who's your friend?" Asks Jimmy. "This the one you said had some work for me?"

Jimmy extends his hand. "Name's Jimmy Galo."

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

JohnKukhamX (second of his name) shakes the extended hand of Jimmy Galo.

"Jimmy my man, I wish you the best with your search for gainful employment, he hands him a scrap of paper"

The luciano_lucky crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Dawson crew does not currently have any work for you.
The IANYU crew does not currently have any work for you.
The FutureStealer crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Dank crew does not currently have any work for you.
The SilentAssassin crew does not currently have any work for you.

"Maybe start your job search away from these buffons, I did great work for them, they paid me a pittance then PERSECUTED me by never getting in touch to formalise our working arrangements."

"It's a tough time to be in the US that's for sure..."

Report Post Tip

John, I'd also suggest avoiding this gang of dorks as well:

The Vaughn crew does not currently have any work for you.
The luciano_lucky crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Scratchy crew does not currently have any work for you.
The IANYU crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Dawson crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Nuccio crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Silvio-Dante crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Polio crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Dank crew does not currently have any work for you.
The Isabella crew does not currently have any work for you.
The SilentAssassin crew does not currently have any work for you.

Each refused the opportunity to share in plentiful plunder. I had a HUGE score in mind and none of these wanted a piece. I guess some of them died too - read into that what you will. 

Report Post Tip

Gentleman, I've survived two weeks on these hard streets without needing the worthless notion of sanctuary these frauds promise. SilentAssassin barely has enough men to haul a fridge up a set of stairs and yet has sanctioned total recruitment bans against targeted individuals. They are unnecessary. Live free. 

Report Post Tip

Ulamog, sitting quietly at the cafe enjoying a smoked turkey sandwich and cup of coffee, overhears the conversation a few booths away. He approaches the men and says to them, "Gentlemen, I'm sorry to interrupt but I couldn't help but hear you speaking ill of my family. Surely this is a misunderstanding and lapse in judgement. It's blatantly obvious to me that you are new around here. I would strongly advise choosing your words more carefully in the future. Lucky for you, I'm a nice guy and in a forgiving mood considering the nice meal I've just had. I'll let this one slide. Call it an act of charity." Ulamog lays a $10 on the table "You boys take care." Ulamog heads for the door of the cafe. Before he exits, he stops and looks back towards the table where the other men sat, "Oh, and one more thing, if you gents are looking for work, come find me. We could always use some extra hands... Hauling a fridge up a set of stairs." Ulamog chuckled as he walked out the door.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Fresh off the boat, looking for work
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL