Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 00:01:50
Page:  1 
9/11, 10 years on. Started by: Will_Morrison on Sep 11, '11 06:57

My name is Will Morrison and i have created this page to respect the Families and friends of the victims of the horrible terrorist attack, i do not want any single thing on this page that will offend i.e Conspiracy Theories and disrespectful comments about Al-Qaeda and especially NO RACIST COMMENTS MADE ABOUT ANYBODY. It just wouldn't be fair.

RIP All 9/11 victims, thoughts and feelings are with the families and the friends of thoses seriously injured or even killed, it was a dark day for America and the rest of the world.

Report Post Tip

RIP victims.

Report Post Tip

RIP. To all who lost their lives. America showed their resolve on that awful day to what was their lowest point in history.

10 Years on, gone but not forgotton.

Report Post Tip

A truly sad day Rest in Peace to the many victims.

Also great initiative Will_Morrison.

Report Post Tip

Every year, I listen to three songs on the anniversary of this terrible day:

The Angry American (Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue)
American Soldier
Have You Forgotten?

Report Post Tip

Thank you Asphyxia 

Report Post Tip

It's a very sad day for Americans, and prehaps people across the world. Today we honor the memory of those who lost their lives, and we honor the families who lost loved ones. We also honor and pay tribute to the men and women who defend this country, and give service to this country. Military, police, firefighter, or rescue squad, it doesnt matter, they are the real heros in this country. Thank you for all that you do!

Report Post Tip

Not knowing what to say, he just lowers his head in respect for the fallen.

Report Post Tip

RIP victims of 9/11

Report Post Tip

Every year I am reminded of how completely grateful I am for the sound of jets flying overhead. 

Nothing on earth, no quake, no hurricane, NOTHING, is nearly as frightening as the sound of empty skies when you live near a military base.

Report Post Tip

I lost a friend in Tower 1. Just found out yesterday what panel and column of the Memorial his name is on. Always a sad day whenever this date comes along but it's nice to see the people who died remembered and memorialized

Report Post Tip

i am sorry SexyBeast for your loss. RIP 

Report Post Tip

Rest in Peace for all the victims of this horrible tragedy and all my condolences to everyone who lost someone on this day.

Report Post Tip

Rest in peace all victims of 9/11.

Report Post Tip

RIP  to all victims of 9/11

Report Post Tip

RIP those all of those who has parished under the attacks of september 11 2001. And also... all my blessings to their loved ones!

Report Post Tip

Thank you all for this .... I was actually in the military at the time and was stationed down there after the towers fell.

My unit did traffic control for a couple days there. It really was just an unbelievable experience that I dont think Ill ever get out of my mind.

Report Post Tip

I'm an ex military man who has served in many conflicts/wars. Why the give them different names I don't know. However, i digress.

I'm now a civilian, have been for 13 years.  on the day of 9/11 i was at Heathrow airport in London, picking up American students who were coming over to England to study a degree (I now work at an English University for those of you who may have missed that)

we picked them up at 11am local time (an hour/90mins before the first plane hitting the towers was reported)

Heathrow is about 2 hours from the University where they were studying.  The students were jetlagged, adrenaline and excitement had gotten the better of them and most of them slept.  Because of this i told the driver not to put the radio on.

we arrived, with excited, dream filled students all out of their country for the first time......then my phone went.

I've witnessed many, many things in my life.  I've seen death, i've caused it, influenced it, protected others from it. all shit things you seriously take your armed forces for granted for.

we got back and I had to break the news to these students, the oldest of which was 19.

I was expecting bedlam, not least from the lady who had been on the boston to new york flight before the one that hit the tower (her parents were frantic, quite understandably).

I cleared the the room of the british and european students and led them in so they had no audience, and I told them what had happened. I turned on the television so they could watch the scenes on TV.

Yes, there were tears. Yes there was anger but, as a Brit who has many times claimed Americans lacked certain moral fortitude (based on what i now know as bullshit) I was amazed. These young, shocked, outraged, scared people hugged each other and when i said that if they wanted to go home, their place could be deferred for another year said, as a group 'no, we won't be bullied'

Kudos to you yanks and especially to the lady on the flight i mentioned earlier. I know you frequent these streets as I got you into it on the bus. I shan't embarass you.

I doff my cap to you guys.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: 9/11, 10 years on.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL